lovelylittlebitofsongtitleconfusion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
:huh:

local h--all the kids are right
the who--the kids are all right
the offspring--the kids aren't all right

Neil Finn is underappreciated in many overseas markets. He has what many these days don't and that is actual talent.
Good stuff turtle.

i'm making a list. tell me some good songs of mr. finn's to download if and when i can get soulseek to work.

very incomplete list, because there's so much great Finn stuff around (ie. I don't know all of it and it would be troublesome to list all of my favourites), but here are a few good ones.

Split Enz songs
This was Neil's first group - they were sort of a funky new wave act, not sure whether you'll like them too much.

History Never Repeats
I See Red
I Got You
Message To My Girl

Crowded House songs
Neil's most famous band. Melodic pop of the highest order.

Don't Dream It's Over (the big hit, one that I really can't listen to for very often these days unless it's live or acoustic or something)
Four Seasons In One Day
Into Temptation
Fall At Your Feet
Whispers and Moans
Better Be Home Soon
I Love You Dawn
Together Alone
Private Universe

Finn Brothers
Neil and his brother Tim recorded one or two albums under this name, I think. The song 'Angel's Heap' is the only one I'm familiar with.

Neil Finn solo songs after the break-up of Crowded House are fairly good too.

Into The Sunset
Driving Me Mad
She Will Have Her Way
Lullaby Requiem
Turn and Run
Human Kindness
Last To Know
Love This Life

In addition, the man does a great version of the Smiths' 'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out' and Crowded House did a fairly interesting take on 'Anarchy in the UK' once.

I Got You was one of Split Enz' best. I'm not sure how anyone knew to Neil Finn might take I See Red or History Repeats, but you gotta keep in mind this was early 80's. They were a bit like Talking Heads and how they represented the time they were releasing imo. Not really that musically alike, but..anyways.

I highly recommend, infact beg anyone to download Distant Sun by Crowded House. It really is one of their all time best.

i'll check out as much as i can.

soulseek my new friend

whoohooo! fast internet!

Back
Top Bottom