LOST: The Final Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so damn happy i found a sweet east cost internet HD feed. i can watch it an hour earlier

if anyone out west is interested, here's the site: Veetle - home

you have to download the program, but it's simple

Jack got that scar from the crash right? Kate helped sew him up...

Where is ths child from?!?!?!

Maybe Evil Claire
has been hiding out with Evil Bono and Evil Edge for the last 3 years and the Island is really just the set of Tomb Raider??

Jack got that scar from the crash right? Kate helped sew him up...

You mean the appendicitis scar? I think that was just another of those weird bleed over scenes, but Jack did get his appendix out on the island, even though he had it out as a child here and just couldn't remember when. (Kate sewed up Jack's side/back after the crash)

So who is #108? :hmm: Desmond? He is a sailor....

btw... tonight was the 108th episode of LOST, airing on the 23rd (Jack's number) in a Jack centric episode. oooOOoooh! :wink:

Okay I posted my question moments after the show ended. Since then my kids told me that people were saying that ^ , but also that it could be a prop error. I agree that if it is ^, well then :scratch: Could be someone new but I feel like it's just too late in the game to be introducing new characters of great importance. Or Jacob could have cared less about the number he told Hurley, and it was all just to lure Jack there.

awhile back

this show turned into utter and complete crap
but then somehow it has sank even lower
the writers have just been jerking each other off
one says,
hey I can't think of something even stupider, the other says
wow, put that shit in

Okay I posted my question moments after the show ended. Since then my kids told me that people were saying that ^ , but also that it could be a prop error. I agree that if it is ^, well then :scratch: Could be someone new but I feel like it's just too late in the game to be introducing new characters of great importance. Or Jacob could have cared less about the number he told Hurley, and it was all just to lure Jack there.

I agree with you, kind of late to be introducing new major characters, so I'm sort of going under the assumption that the main point of that scene was to get Jack there. Of course, this is Lost, so you never know.

yes :)

:reject: are we supposed to be using spoiler tags now? I thought it was ok to discuss after the episodes aired. I kind of feel it would be unwise for anyone who's behind to go to any type of Lost discussion thread. There will always be people joining the party late and catching up, and they will always be at various stages of the show.

yes :)

:reject: are we supposed to be using spoiler tags now? I thought it was ok to discuss after the episodes aired. I kind of feel it would be unwise for anyone who's behind to go to any type of Lost discussion thread. There will always be people joining the party late and catching up, and they will always be at various stages of the show.

:lol: No, I have no idea why I spoilered it. Long day, and not thinking, I guess. :)

Totally reminded me of Shutter Island, with the lighthouse being the climax of the episode, and sitting there wondering "Who is #108??"

Anyway, this felt a bit clunky while I was watching it, and I don't think the last three episodes were nearly as good as the season opener. There were some cool revelations about Claire and Jacob tonight, though. Are we pretty much agreed that the guy inhabiting Locke's body was previously in Christian Shephard's? Does it mean we won't see any more of the latter?

We were all speculating who Jack's ex-wife would turn out to be. Many were suggesting Julia, or it could be the same one he married in the original timeline. But it did feel like they were holding back on the identity to give us a surprising revelation later.

Claire storming the fortress is going to be some pretty crazy shit.

I don't know if anyone noticed this yet...
108 degrees - every 108 minutes push the buttons
7 numbers to push
"4" - Locke
"8" - Reyes
"15" - Ford
"16" - Jarrah
"23" - Shepherd
"42" - Kwon

I don't think the identity of person 108 was important. Jacob (who I'm beginning to believe may really be the evil one) just wanted to get Jack to the lighthouse.

awhile back

this show turned into utter and complete crap
but then somehow it has sank even lower
the writers have just been jerking each other off
one says,
hey I can't think of something even stupider, the other says
wow, put that shit in

if you don't like
the show then
don't fucking watch
it
or alternatively you
can come in here every
week and say
"lost sucks"
and really nothing
will change for
everyone who actually
enjoys the show

I think if they aren't careful this might turn into the biggest failure of a TV series phenomenon.

btw like I said before, some/all of them at least anyone on the island are dead as a fucking doorknob. Claire is dead. Jin is dead. So is Hugo, likely. And in general the show is entirely a metaphor for the Michael vs Satan good vs evil God bets Satan that good can come of mankind story in the bible. Like not-Locke says in the cave, there's nothing more to it than an island (earth) with a story about good, Dharma, time travel etc made up to see how people will choose/shape their own lives. There's no button to push to save humanity it's just all individual choices. Some choose to just walk away completely (like the old mixed couple) and do nothing, and they are the 'winners'. The rest of them are troubled spirits caught between trying to go 'home' to god's grace and eternal struggle say by being left behind on the island. Satan/Smokey/ManInBlack/Evil would certainly like to go back, he was sent to the island/earth on the slave ship (sin) with Richard and other demons but would rather be back in heaven (whatever that is, he as not-Locke calls it "home"). The island is a form of other-earth maybe purgatory where the chosen dead get to play the game..and maybe some get to go back to earth like it never happened if they choose right? I dunno but I've thought this was the general storyline since the end of the last season and I came to it all on my own I wasn't influenced by any forums or the like.

Prediction: Desmond, in choosing twice to sacrifice himself for greater good, bought himself a ticket back to life on earth or at minimum peace in death. He won't show up in any part of the show except those which show him living a normal life. I think the same will be true for any other characters who make the right choice, we won't see them back on the island. Only those who haven't yet chosen or have chosen evil/wrongly remain on the island imo.

Anyone know where I can see next weeks trailer. Watched "Lighthouse" on Hulu, so no trailer for next week.

They normally do a trailer (for the next week's episode) that is seen at the end of each show, but last night was different; they showed just very quick glimpses of scenes...not as much as usual.

Yeah I think the network got in trouble for revealing too much about the next week's episode... they basically showed us the most important scene of this week's episode last week.

btw... I like how we keep hearing bits of the Smoke Monster's sound effects in other parts of the show. I always said it sounded like a roller coaster going uphill with that cranking sound, so now we finally heard it in the cranking sound of the light house.

Yeah I think the network got in trouble for revealing too much about the next week's episode... they basically showed us the most important scene of this week's episode last week.

mised your post before RR's.

:ohmy:
ohhh dear!
very glad I missed THAT last week!
I have trouble getting (no cable, etc) the channel off and on since i moved....

..I get tried of holding the antenna(and moving it around) when just sitting in one position on a level surface (turned and tuned into that station) doesn't seem to work.
It pixelates off an on in either case sometimes more than other times.

luckily between a friend on the phone after show last night AND lostpedia i got most of what was going on.

Airing the previous eps BEFORE the new one is very helpful too!

A tehory that I have....

Jacob did not exist in time as we know it. Jacob exists in every time simultaneously. His death, not the BOMB blowing up causes the Flash Sideways. The timelines will resolve if one of two things happens, all of the candidates are eliminated OR someone becomes the new Jacob. SMOCKE/FLOCKE wants to eliminate the other candidates causing the flash sideways to win, Jacob wants an new Jacob so that the island stays in existence. We have been involved in a LONG CON

Jacob did not exist in time as we know it. Jacob exists in every time simultaneously. His death, not the BOMB blowing up causes the Flash Sideways. The timelines will resolve if one of two things happens, all of the candidates are eliminated OR someone becomes the new Jacob. SMOCKE/FLOCKE wants to eliminate the other candidates causing the flash sideways to win, Jacob wants an new Jacob so that the island stays in existence. We have been involved in a LONG CON

I like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom