LOST: Season 3 (16 straight weeks of joy)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Three more nights folks, and we shall be treated to the return of the beloved LOST. I've been anxiously waiting for this for the past 3 months. And it's almost here. I'm ready.

Who here still watches this religiously?

I have been waiting impatiently for this show to come back. I am so glad its finally back for good! Jeez 3 months is ridiculous amount of time to wait for one the of The BEST shows on TV!

Love this show! :drool: So so addicted!:wink:

I love this show and am sooo thankful it's returning. I watched it from the beginning religiously up until the 1st half of this season because I had school on Wed nights and I never found the time to play catch up. Well, I got all caught up about 2 weeks ago and am ready for Wednesday! I still can't believe no repeats for the next 16 weeks! SCORE!

cruzila said:
I love this show and am sooo thankful it's returning. I watched it from the beginning religiously up until the 1st half of this season because I had school on Wed nights and I never found the time to play catch up. Well, I got all caught up about 2 weeks ago and am ready for Wednesday! I still can't believe no repeats for the next 16 weeks! SCORE!

Same here.. watched this from the very first show aired and have been hooked ever since. :wink:

I actually got 2 people at work hooked on this show and they are as addicted as me now.. They both got first 2 seasons on dvd and watched to catch up too. :giggle:

I can't wait for this to be on again! 3 months was such a long time to wait, but I'm sure it'll be worth it. The previews look amazing!:drool:

Don't forget the new "recap" show is at 9, and then the new episode is at it's new 10:00 timeslot.

I'm so happy for the concept of the SERIES RETURN!!! :madspit:

F**kin networks.:mad:

They get one shot to keep me interested since the stuff last fall was pretty crappy. Lost producers better start realizing people are getting tired of the lack of progress and the inclusion of more and more mysteries without solving past ones.

I agree, trev. I was really into Lost for the first two seasons, but because of the really long break I'm not feeling the love so much. Wednesday had better be a kick-ass show, that's all I have to say.

I really hope we get to see more of the other characters. As much as I like Sawyer, Jack and Kate, they've had enough screen time for a long while. The show is not just about them. It's time to focus on the other people.

An important thing to keep in mind during these early Season 3 episodes and even all of Season 3 itself is that we are now entering the "middle" of the series storyarc. The middle act of any story is where the most mysteries and conflicts arise and things become the most turbulent and confusing. So expect things to be slow burning and expect more questions than answers. The answers will start to really come full force in Seasons 4 and of course, ultimately Season 5.

I think it should end after season 4, really, this show is losing my interest and the interest of others fast.

They should end Season 3, plan a huge, be-all, end-all Season 4 with a huge cliffhanger and release the LOST movie that same summer.

It's a win-win situation.

Lancemc said:
An important thing to keep in mind during these early Season 3 episodes and even all of Season 3 itself is that we are now entering the "middle" of the series storyarc. The middle act of any story is where the most mysteries and conflicts arise and things become the most turbulent and confusing. So expect things to be slow burning and expect more questions than answers. The answers will start to really come full force in Seasons 4 and of course, ultimately Season 5.

Agreed. I honestly don't understand why people are so impatient for the answers to be revealed. That'll be the end of the show. Like any good mystery, clues are being given and the mysteries are piling up leading up to the really big revelations. The only thing that will really piss me off is if they don't answer all the little mysteries as well as the big ones by the time the series ends. I still want to know who "Adam and Eve" in the cave were and where Christian's body went, not just how the Others ended up on the island, etc.

People are impatient because other shows have led people on without a satisfactory conclusion to the "questions".

I just finished watching the pre-show and the producers walked the viewers through the characters and the situations. This is a good sign so far. At least they appear to be aware of the fact people are losing interest and it is difficult to jump into a show in the middle of a storyline.

Now let's see the show. Starts in 3 minutes.

i am so excited for tonite! :hyper: FINALLY!!! JEEZ.. Only cuz I have to work tomorrow I can't stay up and watch the new show just the recap.. Luckily I have a DVR so it's being recorded.. Will have to watch tomorrow when I get home from work..:|

LemonMacPhisto said:
I think it should end after season 4, really, this show is losing my interest and the interest of others fast.

They should end Season 3, plan a huge, be-all, end-all Season 4 with a huge cliffhanger and release the LOST movie that same summer.

It's a win-win situation.

I think that's a fantastic idea LMP. I'm all for that or just a kick-ass Season 3 and 4 and maybe a 15 episode Season 5 that wraps everything up in a huge dramatic fashion. :drool:

trevster2k said:
People are impatient because other shows have led people on without a satisfactory conclusion to the "questions".

I just finished watching the pre-show and the producers walked the viewers through the characters and the situations. This is a good sign so far. At least they appear to be aware of the fact people are losing interest and it is difficult to jump into a show in the middle of a storyline.

Now let's see the show. Starts in 3 minutes.

I'm on the east coast here and it doesn't start till 10pm for the new show and 9 pm for the recap.

Are you on PST time or EST?

I'm on PST but I have time surf on Bell Express vu and I'm watching the ATV feed from Halifax. Lost comes on at 8pm Atlantic time on ATV which is 7pm EST, go figure. I have watched a few shows this way, sometimes programs come on NTV too.

So far I haven't been impressed but I'm a hater.:wink:

Halfway through, still not pleased.

Last edited:
trevster2k said:
I'm on PST but I have time surf on Bell Express vu and I'm watching the ATV feed from Halifax.

So far I haven't been impressed but I'm a hater.:wink:

sounds cool..

i take it ur watching the new show and not the recap..

no spoilers ok? I gotta wait till tomorrow.:huh:

I watched the recap and now I'm watching the show.

I won't post any spoilers except my opinion.

Lancemc said:

I think that's a fantastic idea LMP. I'm all for that or just a kick-ass Season 3 and 4 and maybe a 15 episode Season 5 that wraps everything up in a huge dramatic fashion. :drool:

which is why I want to work in television :happy:

but yeah, a show like this has a shelf life. plus, 22 episode seasons are way too much for this show.

LemonMacPhisto said:

which is why I want to work in television :happy:

but yeah, a show like this has a shelf life. plus, 22 episode seasons are way too much for this show.

I always thought Lost would have made an awesome miniseries.

I'm a bit more hopeful now that I've heard the producers have an end date (or are trying to figure out one :huh: ). But watching Lost is beginning to feel more like an obligation to me than entertainment. I'll still watch though :reject:.

Back
Top Bottom