LOST: Season 3 (16 straight weeks of joy)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would just like to say: I hate Juliet. I used to like her, now I'm sick of her and her doe-eyes. But I don’t think she is going away anytime soon :sad:

I didn't mind tonight's show. The writers are well aware that they are now being evaluated on a show by show basis. These guys are web savvy and know that fans are looking for progression in the story. Nikki and Paolo were popped off due to fan response. They are listening to our criticisms and trying to give us some of the goods.

Heroes was way better this week than Lost.

Last edited:
I actually didn't mind this week's episode, either, although it is indeed a stretch that the patch guy is still alive.

I loved it when Hurley shot the flare gun at the beginning and the look the rest gave him. I will say the humor lately has been good.

As for Juliet, mark my words. I still think she's going to turn on Ben. The clues are there. She shuts off the recorder and says "I Hate You". She's keeping him updating so he thinks she's going through the plan still, but I say she kills him by the end of the season.

phanan said:

As for Juliet, mark my words. I still think she's going to turn on Ben. The clues are there. She shuts off the recorder and says "I Hate You". She's keeping him updating so he thinks she's going through the plan still, but I say she kills him by the end of the season.
She doesn't hat Ben, she hates that tape recorder...she prefers the big reel to reel kind.

trevster2k said:
I didn't mind tonight's show. The writers are well aware that they are now being evaluated on a show by show basis. These guys are web savvy and know that fans are looking for progression in the story. Nikki and Paolo were popped off due to fan response. They are listening to our criticisms and trying to give us some of the goods.

I tend to agree but the criticisms of the second half of this season will not see frutiion until next season. This season is already filmed and in the can (I would assume with confidence).

I still think it's one of the best shows on TV but I really hope next season is the last.

I would say this year but ABC would be pimping it up like no tomorrow, so surely one more year at the least.

I just keep remembering when Damon and Carlton said on the Official Lost Podcast that "when somebody dies on Lost they are dead". That's when the jokes about the "Zombie Season" started. Anyway, they seem to have directly contradicted themselves with this last episode. Or are we supposed to think he wasn't really dead?

love2bmama said:
I just keep remembering when Damon and Carlton said on the Official Lost Podcast that "when somebody dies on Lost they are dead". That's when the jokes about the "Zombie Season" started. Anyway, they seem to have directly contradicted themselves with this last episode. Or are we supposed to think he wasn't really dead?

I think it's pretty clear that either he was never really dead, and that was just a trick (I wouldn't put it past him), or his presense in this last episode was an aparition of sorts by the Black Smoke Monster (my guess).

U2DMfan said:

I tend to agree but the criticisms of the second half of this season will not see frutiion until next season. This season is already filmed and in the can (I would assume with confidence).

Yes and no, they have already responded to criticisms this year hence the quick single episode demise of Nikki and Paolo. It was supposed to be drawn out like other flashbacks but they knew the fans hated those characters so they got rid of them. People have already dumped on the first 6 episode run and the producers/writers have already changed their plans for the final episodes of the season. They are going to reveal some secrets which they were planning on holding back on. According to interviews in Entertainment Weekly anyway, they have adjusted to respond to the frustration of the fans from the first 6 episodes. They know that people are comparing the show to the X-files and Twin Peaks.

I don't want to post spoilers here but it sounds like they may finally shed some light on a few things. And the "show by show" reference is right from the words of Damon, of course, he didn't mean they film an episode, get feedback and film the next one. He means that fans are basing their continuing loyalty on show by show evaluation. 2 crappy shows in a row could cause someone to give up on Lost.

Last edited:
Decent episode tonight. Some progression in the story,some new info, some new secrets.

Stellar episode. I can't believe I never made the connection between John's father and Sawyer.

Finally..the story gets better! what do you think Julliette meant when she said to Kate...they should tell her now???? what? what?what????

I'm assuming Juliet and Jack are working some kind of secret plan against Ben, who knows, can't trust Juliet.

And how was Ben listening to Juliet's tape recording about Sun "3 days ago" as it said on the screen, when it happened like yesterday, as evidenced by Kate telling Jack and Juliet that the helicoptor crashed "yesterday", which was happening the same time Sun and Juliet did the sonogram.

My theory is The Island they are on is Purgetory and Ben is the Devil and the others are his minions???

I think that would be too obvious at this stage. If that ended up being the case, I'd be very disappointed at being strung along all this time just for that.

It appears, to me anyway, that this group involved with the Dharma Initiative has gone through enormous resources so that the outside world thinks they are dead in order for them to do whatever it is they want to do, but in reality, they are not dead.

Back
Top Bottom