LOST: Season 3 (16 straight weeks of joy)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah that was just an obligatory Beatles drop.

Actually I think they are doing pretty well as compared to the X-Files (my own personal point of referrence).

I think the best news that we could possibly hear is that this year is the last season.

That won't happen.

So season 5 should be the last, no question about it.
If they try and extend this thing another 35 or so episodes it will be SHIT.

Want to watch an esoteric masterpiece?
Try Carnivale on DVD. Might be the best Tv series I've ever seen.
Granted, in terms of strangeness and knowing how to take a mystery and map it out beautifully.

And in fitting fashion, it was cancelled after 2 seasons before the storyline was played out (all likelihood 3 seasons). No, it was not for everybody, even stranger than Lost by a mile but it was fucking great. It had payoffs and I have a massive boner for that series.

Last edited:
This episode definitely moved much better than past ones. So far this one and the Desmond episode have been the best of the season, by a long way.

But the ending with Locke entering that number into the computer and blowing up the place bothered me. Has his character really been dumbed down since Season 1 or what? That first season, he was the best character, but the writers have really hung him out to dry since.

I know there's a Locke episode coming up soon, so hopefully that will redeem him somewhat. But I'd say that since the first season, Locke has been the most disappointing character by far.

Hewson said:
Much better episode than last week.
Locke is a moron, Sayid is a great character, love the way he reads people like Patch-man.

since the 2nd season Locke has become a major fuck-up....which is to bad, I think I'm finally loosing interest in this show....I was always eager to watch it but now I don't

although Sawyers antics are always fun I love the interaction between the cast

phanan said:
But the ending with Locke entering that number into the computer and blowing up the place bothered me. Has his character really been dumbed down since Season 1 or what?

There was a lot of discussion in my house last night (Lost is HUGE in our house) about that. I had some fun by throwing out the idea that I think it's verrrrry coincidental that Locke has now not only blown up the hatch, but The Flame as well...?

Is he, indeed, dumb?? :hmm:

Locke has no interest in returning to the mainland. Remember, he can't walk and believes the island has cured him. I think he actually is trying to sabotage any efforts to leave the island.

The thing that bothered me about this weeks show is the Sayid flashback. Too me it was too moralistic. I'm trying to remember, but that seems to be out of character for the show. Most of the flashbacks have been used to create intrigue as to WHY a character is on the island. This one was used to give back story on his actions at the end of the show.

That's unusual for the show. Right?

Dalton said:
The thing that bothered me about this weeks show is the Sayid flashback. Too me it was too moralistic. I'm trying to remember, but that seems to be out of character for the show. Most of the flashbacks have been used to create intrigue as to WHY a character is on the island. This one was used to give back story on his actions at the end of the show.

That's unusual for the show. Right?

Not really Sawyer's flashbacks are also used this way, some of Jack's I'm sure there are others

trevster2k said:
Locke has no interest in returning to the mainland. Remember, he can't walk and believes the island has cured him. I think he actually is trying to sabotage any efforts to leave the island.
Clearly Locke having the c4 in his bag shows us that he blew up the station last week on purpose. And when Patch-Man said "the John Locke I knew was para...", that was all Locke needed to push him into the sonic death trap.
Locke has no interest in leaving the island.
Pretty decent episode last night. Jack playing football was weird, all of a sudden he is no longer captive.
And of course the speculation that Jack and Claire are siblings was confirmed.

Ah I thought that was Jacks dad! Wowsers... so is it possible that Jack is really an other? :hmm: Or have they just brainwashed him?

Great episode last night.

Yea Locke is seriously screwed up in the noggin.

RavenBlue said:
Ah I thought that was Jacks dad! Wowsers... so is it possible that Jack is really an other? :hmm: Or have they just brainwashed him?

I think they have told Jack they are gonna let him go home, he is probably staying to assist in Benry's recovery and then expects to be set free, so he's living with them in harmony, tossing the old pigskin around. For now.

phanan said:
I thought it was ok last night - seems we are starting move forward a little bit more, so that is always good.

Definitely!

The previews for next week look very interesting. :hmm: It was nice to see my suspicions confirmed that Jack & Claire are related.

RavenBlue said:
Oh crapulence... I forgot to watch tonight. Can someone fill me in?
Locke flashback, the jist of the flashback is a young man comes to Locke cause Locke's father is about to marry the young man's mother and he is suspicious of him, Locke claims to not know him, saying he donated his kidney anonimously. Locke then tells his father to call it off and leave, Dad agrees...but detectives soon show up at Locke's cause the woman's son turns up dead...Locke confronts his Dad about if he killed the kid, Dad denies, tells Locke to call the woman if he doesn't believe him, Locke goes for phone and Dad pushes Locke out an 8 story window, thus Locke's paralysis.

Back on Fantasy Island, Locke Sayid and Kate decide to approach Jack when he's alone. At night Kate goes in to Jack's apt, he is under surveillance, so Kate and Sayid are captured. Locke gets to Benry's room and wants the sub. He has Alex get Sayid's backpack (because of the explosive), and while retrieving that, Sayid sees her and tells her she looks just like her mother (who is hiding in the woods), Alex says her mother is dead, Sayid says, "thats what they want you to think", then gets smacked by an other.

Jack and Juliet are set to depart for home on the submarine, and as they approach it on the dock, they encounter Locke leaving the sub, Jack says "what are you doing John?", Locke says sorry, Jack says for what? and the submarine blows up.

Last scene... Benry tells Locke him blowing up the sub was what he wanted so he didn't have to let Jack go and show weakness or kill Jack and go back on his word...then he takes Locke to a room where the contents of a mystical box Benry mentioned to Locke earlier are kept, the box supposedly has "whatever you want inside", they open the door nad there is Locke's father, bound and gagged....fade to black.

I am watching the second season on DVD, and I must say that, although it was interesting on the beginning, I am getting a little tired... I doubt that I will watch Season 3.

Hewson said:

Last scene... Benry tells Locke him blowing up the sub was what he wanted so he didn't have to let Jack go and show weakness or kill Jack and go back on his word...then he takes Locke to a room where the contents of a mystical box Benry mentioned to Locke earlier are kept, the box supposedly has "whatever you want inside", they open the door nad there is Locke's father, bound and gagged....fade to black.

This is very disappointing for anyone that still wants to believe that this is all happening in real time and space.

deep said:

This is very disappointing for anyone that still wants to believe that this is all happening in real time and space.
Yeah, the theory that the island is indeed purgatory and the producers started denying it after viewers figured it out 15 minutes into the premier(and trying to wing it while coming up with some other plausible explanation) seems to be more and more viable as time goes on.

Hewson said:
Locke flashback, the jist of the flashback is a young man comes to Locke cause Locke's father is about to marry the young man's mother and he is suspicious of him, Locke claims to not know him, saying he donated his kidney anonimously. Locke then tells his father to call it off and leave, Dad agrees...but detectives soon show up at Locke's cause the woman's son turns up dead...Locke confronts his Dad about if he killed the kid, Dad denies, tells Locke to call the woman if he doesn't believe him, Locke goes for phone and Dad pushes Locke out an 8 story window, thus Locke's paralysis.

Back on Fantasy Island, Locke Sayid and Kate decide to approach Jack when he's alone. At night Kate goes in to Jack's apt, he is under surveillance, so Kate and Sayid are captured. Locke gets to Benry's room and wants the sub. He has Alex get Sayid's backpack (because of the explosive), and while retrieving that, Sayid sees her and tells her she looks just like her mother (who is hiding in the woods), Alex says her mother is dead, Sayid says, "thats what they want you to think", then gets smacked by an other.

Jack and Juliet are set to depart for home on the submarine, and as they approach it on the dock, they encounter Locke leaving the sub, Jack says "what are you doing John?", Locke says sorry, Jack says for what? and the submarine blows up.

Wow, thanks for the recap! I missed a good ep dang it. It repeats on Saturday here I think. I'll have to try and remember to catch it then.

Hewson said:
Yeah, the theory that the island is indeed purgatory and the producers started denying it after viewers figured it out 15 minutes into the premier(and trying to wing it while coming up with some other plausible explanation) seems to be more and more viable as time goes on.

i still think my theory can work

that they are all in comas or something, after having suffered some near death experience

perhaps the plane crash was an experiment to wake them up

and it only partially succeeded?

and when they actually do really flat line is when they die and are no more?

Back
Top Bottom