LOST: Season 3 (16 straight weeks of joy)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nah, you are just a bigger fan than me.:wink:

I found that this episode was just a simple straight forward continuation of the previous episodes with no real answers of course but just some more questions. And for me, it was hardly a classic "Lost" episode. I actually enjoyed the recap show more.

Tossing loose ends out there over and over again without any direction was fun at first but now the mythos is getting overloaded. Start closing some loopholes please.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/745/745595p1.html

I will watch next week's too see the if the rest of the cast still has a job and then determine whether this show deserves my support. Based on this episode alone, I would stop.

Last edited:
Interesting episode. Not as good as I had hoped, but it gets a 5/10 from me. It looks like next week should focus on the other characters, which should be promising.

I was really looking forward to this episode and you know what happened? I fell asleep during the commercial break between the recap show and the new episode. :banghead: Luckily I had it set to record anyway so I'll need to catch up tonight! Silly Silly me.

Hewson said:
Juliet's ex getting squashed by the bus was pretty cool.

That was the only interesting thing in the whole episode for me-well that in the whole context of the Juliet backstory. Right now she's the only character that I'm not bored with.

I'm going to have to start recording this show and begin watching about 20 minutes later, because this show has the most commercial breaks out of any primetime series that I know of.

Seriously, I looked at the clock during one commercial, and it was 10:37 (I'm EST), and then when the next commercial came on, it was 10:43. I'm not kidding. They went six minutes between commercials. Ridiculous.

I'm hoping next week is better with the other main characters hopefully coming back to focus. I kind of figured this episode would be like this because they had to resolve Kate and Sawyer getting off the island first.

I really enjoyed that episode, but then, I was really curious to finally see some background for one of the Others. :hyper: If Juliet was telling the truth about only being on the island for a little over three years, then the Others (or at least not all of them) aren't the people from the initial Dharma project. And is Ben actually Alex's father or just her adopted father amongst the Others? Hmmmmm....:hmm:

I agree with what alot of you had said. Not as good as I thought it was going to be, but not too bad. I was expecting a bit more, but I guess that had to finish up the story line with them getting off the island.

I was a bit shocked when I saw Juliet in the beginning opening the curtains and saying well it is Miami. She also seen the guy in the hallway walking to the door who now is on the island with her.

Should be an intersting week next week to see where they go with the story line now. Maybe going back for Jack who knows.

This show is damn good at surprising me, that's for sure. I literally jumped out of my chair three times watching last night's episode. First, when Juliette opened the curtains to reveal Miami. Second, when her Ex was hit by the bus. And Third, when she came out of the woods and blew away Danny. :shock:

variety.com report on the ratings

"At 10 o'clock, the return of "Lost" (6.5/16 in 18-49, 14.7 million viewers overall) led easily in key demos over CBS' "CSI: NY" (4.9/12 in 18-49, 15.8 million viewers overall) and NBC's "Medium" (2.9/7 in 18-49, 8.3 million viewers overall). "Lost" was on the low end of its ratings range for this season but it delivered the second best 18-49 score for a regular 10 o'clock drama this season (behind only the season premiere of NBC's "ER") and the highest 18-34 delivery (6.6/17). "CSI: NY," meanwhile, seemed unfazed by the increased competition, and remained the hour's leader in total viewers."

Anyone remember how scary and mysterious the Others were initially when they were first introduced. They could walk through the woods without being seen, yet last night the security people were like Stormtroopers from Star Wars, total dimwits.

Wow. Wow. This might be the last Lost episode I ever see.

Something happened between season 2 and the beginning of season 3. I really don't know what, but it's just gone downhill from there. Aside from the fact that I can't stand Elizabeth Mitchell or her character, the plot of Lost now revolves around Jack, Kate and Sawyer with everyone else playing a supporting role. Why even bother shooting promo photos of everyone standing shoulder to shoulder? Just go ahead and silhouette everyone else.

The bus thing last night was the last straw for me. That kind of shit happens on ER. I'm waiting for them to drop a helicopter on Henry and then have everyone joke about the death of someone a week later.
The writers sold their souls to the devil.

I feel sorry for those losing faith in the show. They had to finish off the storyline started in the first six episodes. Plus they're GOOD episodes. So what if they're not focusing on the rest of the characters right now. They'll get to them eventually, in the next episodes in fact and focus on them for a while. Then they'll move on to other characters and other storylines. That's how the show works. If anything, I'd say the show's only getting better. But that's just me. I just think it's a shame some people are being pushed away from the show. It's not your fault, I'm not saying that. But patience is the name of the game here, and I'm sure we'll be rewarded in full.:shrug:

Lancemc said:
I feel sorry for those losing faith in the show. They had to finish off the storyline started in the first six episodes. Plus they're GOOD episodes. So what if they're not focusing on the rest of the characters right now. They'll get to them eventually, in the next episodes in fact and focus on them for a while. Then they'll move on to other characters and other storylines. That's how the show works. If anything, I'd say the show's only getting better. But that's just me. I just think it's a shame some people are being pushed away from the show. It's not your fault, I'm not saying that. But patience is the name of the game here, and I'm sure we'll be rewarded in full.:shrug:

That's all fine and dandy, but the writers and producers of Lost need to take a good look at what's happened to the show, and how hard it's become to follow. On a show like Battlestar Galactica, it has rising storyarcs, multiple characters, etc... but still moves fluidly and keeps everything interesting. Which in my opinion is exactly what Lost hasn't done since Season 1.

I hear the theme song from Jaws getting louder and louder.:wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:

On a show like Battlestar Galactica, it has rising storyarcs, multiple characters, etc... but still moves fluidly and keeps everything interesting.

BSG - Nice. High Five!

I'm at the point with Lost where if every character got killed, I'd be fine. I like Rose and Desmond. Eko was cool too, but....yep. I'll watch a few more to see if it picks up, ut I don't care. They ruined the mystery of the island which drew me back. The Others have book clubs? Huh? Come on, man.

LemonMacPhisto said:

That's all fine and dandy, but the writers and producers of Lost need to take a good look at what's happened to the show, and how hard it's become to follow. On a show like Battlestar Galactica, it has rising storyarcs, multiple characters, etc... but still moves fluidly and keeps everything interesting. Which in my opinion is exactly what Lost hasn't done since Season 1.

:up:

Gotta love the BSG plug... :D

Few more hours and we will see what this weeks episode has in store for us tonight. :hyper:

trevster2k said:
Nah, you are just a bigger fan than me.:wink:

Tossing loose ends out there over and over again without any direction was fun at first but now the mythos is getting overloaded. Start closing some loopholes please.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/745/745595p1.html

I will watch next week's too see the if the rest of the cast still has a job and then determine whether this show deserves my support. Based on this episode alone, I would stop.

So tell me...What questions would you like to be resolved this season? Not that I have any answers, but this is a big debate over in my LOST forum.

Now that's what I'm talkin' bout!!!

Much better episode tonight, I don't want to see those other 3 for the rest of the season. My bad, they are back next week. :madspit:

Ok, they still have me, as long as they maintain the quality.

A, regarding the questions, hmmm, more focus on this Dharma thing, the supernatural phenomena on the island, where are kidnapped tailies, some forward progress in the story, what has happened to Michael and Walt, why did the plane crash, there are probably more I just don't have time to expand.

trevster2k said:
what has happened to Michael and Walt, why did the plane crash, there are probably more I just don't have time to expand.

Michael and Walt - sent home supposedly
Plane crash - Oh, you know what, just pay attention !!! It was explained.

Yep, that was a great episode. I quite enjoyed it.

I wasn't sure it was going to be after Hurley's cheesy "He sees the future" line.. but it got progressively better from there. Very interesting.

That was easily one of my favorite episodes from the whole series. I'm in awe. Amazingly handled story line. I love Desmond. I love Lost. I love lamp.

Excellent episode tonight! :up:

I think it may have lured me back. I'm really interested to see what happens to Charlie as a result. I wasn't epecting that whole "I was saving you" bit at the end. Very good stuff.

ThoraSEB said:
Excellent episode tonight! :up:

I think it may have lured me back. I'm really interested to see what happens to Charlie as a result. I wasn't epecting that whole "I was saving you" bit at the end. Very good stuff.

I couldn't agree more. Excellent episode last night. Interesting to find out more about Desmond. Quite unusual about what has been happening to him. Kind of feel sorry for the guy one minute he is back in his regular life and having flashbacks from the island and the next he is back in the jungle. Very harsh of Pen's father to say those things to Desmond.

Poor Charlie looks like he don't stand a chance.

Back
Top Bottom