LOST, Season 2 - Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jesus0tq8hm.jpg

:ohmy:

Great episode. I've liked Eko from the start, so I was thrilled to see his backstory.

But WTF is with the smoke? How does black smoke uproot trees and eat pilots? I'm still scratching my head over that one. Awesome screenshots, though. I thought there were faces that flashed past, but it happened so quickly it was hard to tell.

It also looked to me like the smoke had flashes in it, like someone said, maybe reading his mind and taking "snapshots."

I'm starting to buy into Deep's theory or something like it more.
There is no way the small plane from Nigeria has anywhere near enough fuel to fly to the South Pacific.
So I think the island is not an actual physcal place, but something metaphysical.
If its something along the lines of coma patients as deep suggested, perhaps the ones disappearing to the "others" are either waking up or passing on.

wow, those screen shots are great. very creepy.

the first thing i thought was that the black smoke was souls.

LOST souls, perhaps?

and those men referred to eko as someone who "had no soul." maybe that's why he was able to face it down? who knows. i do love all the theories though.

great show. great episode.

:bow: Mr. Eko ... He killed a man when he was just a boy. His past story was one of the best ones yet. I was really moved at the final sence when he put on his little brother crucifix, and recited the lords prayer.
SO many questions where do I begin!!?!!
WHAT IS WITH THE SMOKE...can we just get the answer already!
Do the Others have a bunker too? Is that why Walt can commumicate with Micheal?
When are they going to start searching for Walt??
I am worried about Charlie too, looks like he is going to relapse.
In the preview to next weeks episode someone knocked outMr. Locke out!!
Who the feck did that?:huh:

I thought it was sweet that Jin and Sun came over and talked to Ana. Everyone likes Sawyer now too.

Ok that sums it up.

I think that about sums it up:nerd:

I loved Mr. Echo's backstory, he is so cool.
My only complaint....not enough Sawyer :drool:
It looks like it will be really good next week!!!

linrnmsncns said:
I loved Mr. Echo's backstory, he is so cool.
My only complaint....not enough Sawyer :drool:
It looks like it will be really good next week!!!

More Mr. Eko:drool:

:shifty:....I mean.....errrrrrrr, does anyone else find him attractive?:drool:

Loved that episode:up:

Mr. Ecko reminds me of Ben Wallace, especially when he had the corn rows last night. I keep expecting him to bust out in a Ford commercial.

3149.jpg

stammer476 said:
Mr. Ecko reminds me of Ben Wallace, especially when he had the corn rows last night. I keep expecting him to bust out in a Ford commercial.

3149.jpg

:no:

Mr. Ecko looks way better.

Queen Bee said:
Whoooa. I found more screen shots from the smoke. You can definitely see faces in these (including a woman - good eye, angelordevil).

Looks like it was reading Eko's mind.

I wonder if the black smoke looks like something different to each person it "attacks".
This, in theory, would make it completely terrifying (more so then the noises, the throwing of large trees and general killing of everything around it).

I think the line about Eko having no soul could be key. If he, in fact, believes he has no soul (theoretically speaking) then what he saw would not scare him...as he stated after it went away.

Now those, who do believe they have a soul, could conceivably be seeing everything they have ever done wrong in that cloud.

Queen Bee said:
Whoooa. I found more screen shots from the smoke. You can definitely see faces in these (including a woman - good eye, angelordevil).

Looks like it was reading Eko's mind.

:cool:

thank goodness for the internet, because I didn't see any of that last night :reject:

:hmm: I like the idea of an Echo and Hurley variety show. Locke could just drop by to say hello. And Jin could show up too. Jin is pretty :heart:.

stammer476 said:

3149.jpg

NOT at all Mr. Eko looks way better than that guy.

:eyebrow:

Great theories, bg and MK :up:

I think there might be more than one smoke monster and they each have different agendas. Lately I've been thinking that the smoke monster we've seen in the season 1 finale and last night's episode is an embodiment of everyone's sins/misdeeds coming back to haunt them. However, if there is only one smoke monster, the only explanation I can come up with for it claiming the pilot's life is that it felt he wasn't destined to remain on the island with the other survivors.

Also, Eko is the best thing to happen to this season. His backstory is definitely my favorite so far. I'm finally looking forward to seeing how the rest of this season plays out.

Last edited:
Siren said:

I thought I was the only one who found him attractive... :shifty:

I find him attractive as well....how about when he was carving his stick and you could see his pec muscles moving - whoa! That was the hottest thing on the show since Sawyer chopping down the bamboo tree :drool: :drool: :drool:
I wonder if the black smoke looks like something different to each person it "attacks".

The theory by U2 saves the world about the black smoke and him not having a soul is great one - I never thought of that!

Queen Bee said:
Great theories, bg and MK :up:

I think there might be more than one smoke monster and they each have different agendas. Lately I've been thinking that the smoke monster we've seen in the season 1 finale and last night's episode is an embodiment of everyone's sins/misdeeds coming back to haunt them. However, if there is only one smoke monster, the only explanation I can come up with for it claiming the pilot's life is that it felt he wasn't destined to remain on the island with the other survivors.

Also, Eko is the best thing to happen to this season. His backstory is definitely my favorite so far. I'm finally looking forward to seeing how the rest of this season plays out.

Yes, it may be the sins coming back, as you say...good call. Is the guy's name Eko, Echo, or Ecko? I'm seeing some variations here... :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom