LOST: Season 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the fact the door was stamped 'quarantine' will be the real kicker once (if) they explain more of the backstory...

It was marked quarantine on the inside so I think the warning was for whoever was in the hatch not to open the hatch and go on the island, which also explains why the hatch had no handles to open it from the outside.

lmjhitman said:

desmond said something kind of cryptic to jack like, 'until our paths cross again', or something like that
I think he said "See you in the next life brotha."

I'm new to Lost. I rented the DVDs last week and got myself caught up on the first season in time for tonight's episode. I'm already hooked.

Queen Bee said:
Am I the only person that suspected that Desmond was going to be in the hatch? I'm surprised at everyone's reaction. :huh:

when he came up on the stadium stairs i knew he was hatch dude

they showed his body and hair

and also they would not introduce a character with that type of conversation that was not relevant

lmjhitman said:

maybe i'm looking too hard, but everything in the hatch looks so old, like from the 80's or something, and i don't think jack's been a surgeon for over 20 years, so could desmond have been in the hatch for 20 years?

i noticed that too

the song playing was pretty old, too

this will not have a logical explanation grounded in reality

didn't they say next week "ALL of their fates will be revealed"?

Last edited:
lmjhitman said:

maybe i'm looking too hard, but everything in the hatch looks so old, like from the 80's or something, and i don't think jack's been a surgeon for over 20 years, so could desmond have been in the hatch for 20 years?

It does look like the computers and stuff were from the late 70's/early 80's...doesn't necessarily mean Desmond was in there at the time the hatch was built. Maybe he went down there later... I have the "Government experiment gone wrong" theory in my head, maybe Desmond works for the Gov't and his job is to take care of the island.

Maybe during his "race around the world" Desmond somehow ended up on the island? Could have been accidental, like with Rousseau.

And no one has yet mentioned Jack's ridiculous wig. I was giggling over that one the entire time they showed Flashback!Jack. :giggle:

lmjhitman said:

desmond said something kind of cryptic to jack like, 'until our paths cross again', or something like that, so i DID think he'd be in the hatch. but HOW???

it's all so confusing. :huh:
Remember that on the island the survivors have been seeing people who aren't really there, like Jack seeing his father.
Whatever is going on with that would explain Shannon seeing Walt, he was some kind of vision, not actually there, and mighht also explain Desmond at the stadium, Jack saw him, but he wasn't actually there, a kind of apparition. Cause timeline wise it certainly seems out of sequence, the hatch looks to be furnished circa 1979, no CD player, very old style computer, Jack is what about 35? So for him to already be practicing medicine during the flashback, it can't be more than about 1996, really closer to 2000 if he was a full blown surgeon and not a resident(though his hair style says 80's).
It seemed that Desmond appeared out of nowhere in the stadium, we saw Jack running the stairs, then all of a sudden he's racing against this other guy.

Perhaps Desmond is the devil who had been trapped in the hatch by god or George W. Bush and had to find a way to get somebody to release him.:wink:

MrsSpringsteen said:
It was cool, yes that wig cracked me up. I never thought they could make Matthew Fox unhot :wink:

That Walt part was weird, it gives me the creeps thinking about it

Yes Yes!!!:yikes: He was soaked and then he just vanished!! WTF!

Apparently what Walt said was being said backwards and when played back says "Don't push the button, the button is bad". CREEPY!

And Jack's wig was too funny and so distracting. Felt like I was watching Party of Five again, lol.

phanan said:
So much for learning anything in the first episode.

We did learn a few new things this episode:

1. What was in the hatch.
2. Hurley was a patient in the mental institution.
3. The guy who died in the operating room (Mr. Rutherford) was either Shannon's father or husband.

But, as always, there's more questions than answers

No the woman that jack operated on was his soon to be wife. The guy that died on the table was not her fiance because when Jack met with her fiance he was a royal jerk.

And this is what walt said:

Walt told Shannon to be quiet — then disappeared upon a second look. When Shannon told the other castaways that she saw Walt, she immediately was met with suspicion.

The woman on the table was indeed Sarah - Jack's future fiance. The driver of the car that Sarah hit, the one who died in the operating room, his name was Adam Rutherford. Shannon's last name is Rutherford - I think it's either her husband or father.

wenda said:
Apparently what Walt said was being said backwards and when played back says "Don't push the button, the button is bad". CREEPY!

And Jack's wig was too funny and so distracting. Felt like I was watching Party of Five again, lol.

Party of Five wig :giggle:

Something I found on another site...

Key observations from last night's episode:

-the word on the keyboard button was 'execute'

-the # on the painted mural that Jack sees underground is 108.
108 is the total of the lotto #s: 4 8 15 16 23 42

-the guy who died in the ER next to Sarah may be Shannon's Dad: The EMT said his name was Adam Rutherford (sp?) and that he was 57.

-the guy's time of death was 8:15 - the # of the toy plane that Kate has is 815

-About our friend w/ the gun to Locke's head: his name is Desmand.
A gent by the name of John Desmand Bernals once created a biodome:

http://www.david darling. info/encyclopedia/B/BernalJD.html

wenda said:
haha, when i first started watching last season, i couldn't keep all the characters' names straight, so i kept calling him 'charlie' from party of five. then i realized that there was an actual character named charlie, but i had been calling HIM 'merry'. :shifty:

Bluer White said:
-the guy's time of death was 8:15 - the # of the toy plane that Kate has is 815
that was also their flight number.

Calluna said:

I think he said "See you in the next life brotha."

I'm new to Lost. I rented the DVDs last week and got myself caught up on the first season in time for tonight's episode. I'm already hooked.
ah yes, that was it.

nice, calluna! :up:

maggiegrace.jpg

:drool:

kelly213 said:

We did learn a few new things this episode:

1. What was in the hatch.
2. Hurley was a patient in the mental institution.
3. The guy who died in the operating room (Mr. Rutherford) was either Shannon's father or husband.

But, as always, there's more questions than answers

Well, we've seen things in the hatch, but have no idea what it's all about.

Which is why we didn't really learn anything. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom