Lord Stanley's Finals:New Jersey V. Anaheim

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sheesh... we're attracting allies fast.

Team Double C Roll Call:

cujo

chizip

... long awkward silence.

damn.

It's alright, I like being the underdog, thats why I like the ducks. It's us against the world, bring em on baby.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
and since i met a very nice guy tonight from Jersey, i think i will cheer for the devils.

I am leery of this "nice guy from Jersey" - there is no such thing. It is all just smoke and mirrors.

TEAM SINISTER:
Sinister
Listener
LMPA
MVD_75

The other team:
Cujo
Chiz
AvsG

haha - we have longer names

here is my smilie

_38370263_mickey_150.jpg

you are the one named sinister on the list griffiths, sheesh, take it easy

you da man chizzer...

4 against 3, I like those odds.

PS- I will never dance for Team Sinister again!

:mad:

All you have to do to enjoy cujo's moves is join us. :evil:

But I think if Team Sinister asks nicely, Michael Griffiths will dance, won't you, Michael?

AvsGirl41 said:
All you have to do to enjoy cujo's moves is join us. :evil:

But I think if Team Sinister asks nicely, Michael Griffiths will dance, won't you, Michael?
:mac: Sinister the 1st, at your service *takes bow*

We've got balls, bats, fancy shoes, but best of all....pucks. Give me a dollar, and I'll fall ova. Give me two, you won't know *raises eyebrow*...what to do.
Give me three, to part the red sea...give me "FOUR!!!"...to close this door.
*in slightly hushed tone* Give me enough to take my pants....

and I will give you...this last dance :dance:

*takes final bow*

Are you ready for the soap opera?

I-030524News2174227-1.jpg

No shortage of plot lines in Stanley Cup final

http://faceoff.com/home/news/story.html?f=/news/20030524/030524News2174227.html

By BILL BEACON
Canadian Press

OTTAWA

The plot lines are obvious as the New Jersey Devils prepare to face the upstart Anaheim Mighty Ducks in the Stanley Cup final.

Game 1 of the best-of-seven NHL championship series is set for Tuesday night in East Rutherford, N.J. (CBC, 8 p.m. EDT).

There's Niedermayer versus Niedermayer, Martin Brodeur against Jean-Sebastien Giguere and some of the players involved in the seven-man deal between the two clubs last summer, including the hero of New Jersey's Game 7 win over Ottawa in the Eastern Conference final on Friday night, Jeff Friesen.

That's not to mention that the Ducks are owned by Disney and that Wayne Gretzky once referred to New Jersey as a "Mickey Mouse organization" (although that was before they became a superpower in the east).

This will be the Suburbia Series, the almost-ideal U.S. television market match-up featuring the suburbs of New York City in the Jersey swamplands against the bungalow and mall sprawl of Anaheim, south of Los Angeles.

What effect will it have that Anaheim, which swept Minnesota in the Western final, will have been idle a record 10 days before playing their first Stanley Cup game? Or that New Jersey will have had only three days off since their hard-fought series with Ottawa?

How much of an advantage is it that Jersey won the Cup in 1995 and 2000 and reached the final in 2001, while Anaheim has never before been beyond the second round in its 10-year existence?

And there's the coaching match-up _ crusty veteran Pat Burns for New Jersey versus NHL rookie Mike Babcock. They have one thing in common: neither has ever won the Stanley Cup, although Burns also made the final as a rookie coach in 1989 with Montreal.

It's a given that among the first to be besieged by the camera and notebook set will be the Niedermayer brothers _ defenceman Scott of the Devils and forward Rob of the Ducks.

They met once before in the playoffs in 2000, when Rob was with Florida. Scott's Devils swept the Panthers in the first round.

Both are enjoying strong playoffs.

Scott is third in New Jersey scoring with two goals and 11 assists while Rob, a strong two-way centre, is tied for third on his club with three goals and five assists.

Then there are the two French-Canadian goaltenders, with Brodeur as the accomplished veteran and Giguere the upstart staking a claim on elite status in the NHL.

"I will answer a lot of questions from now until the end of the series about Giguere, but that's not new," Brodeur predicted. "I played a final against (Colorado's) Patrick Roy a few years ago and it was the same.

"He's a butterfly goalie," Brodeur added of Giguere. "He doesn't play the puck as much as I do, so that's the big difference between us.

"Technically, he's as good as anybody out there and he's playing with a lot of confidence. But the fact that he's a butterfly goalie makes him more similar to (Ottawa's) Patrick Lalime or Patrick Roy than to me."

Where Giguere holds the edge is in numbers of appearances on Jay Leno's Late Show _ 1-0 after he was a guest on the show on Friday night.

"I wish I could be," Brodeur admitted.

With all these plot lines, they shouldn't have to get into Brodeur's home life, in which his wife Melanie filed for divorce and custody of their four children last week, claiming adultery involving the goaltender and her brother's wife.

Brodeur refuses to discuss it.

Meanwhile, Friesen called it "unbelievable" that his first taste of a Stanley Cup final will be against the team that traded him to New Jersey last July 6.

In that deal, Anaheim sent Friesen, defenceman Oleg Tverdovsky and prospect Maxim Balmochnykh to New Jersey for Peter Sykora, Mike Commodore, Igor Pohanka and goalie Jean-Francois Damphousse.

Only Sykora has played for the Ducks in the playoffs, but he has become a key offensive player and has two goals and six assists in the post-season.

The speedy Friesen had three goals in the Ottawa series, including two game-winners.

The risk-taking Tverdovsky has dressed for only nine of New Jersey's 17 post-season games and did not play after the series opener against Ottawa.

Still another story is that of veteran Joe Nieuwendyk, whose Calgary Flames beat Burns' Canadiens in the 1989 final. Now a Devil, Nieuwendyk had to be helped from the ice in overtime of Game 6 against Ottawa.

In the seventh game, he played only two shifts and had to leave again with what Burns said was a "bad bruise in the hip area."

Will he be able to play?

A sub-plot to it all will be TV ratings, particularly in Canada now that the Senators are out.

Anaheim and New Jersey both excel at keeping the puck out of their nets rather than scoring fancy goals, so it may not make for riveting viewing.

Then again, with all the story lines, it may make a good soap opera.

Last edited:
minnie is a slutty ass ho

she likes it doggy style so she left me for pluto

im perfectly happy with mickey

Back
Top Bottom