Looneyville, Texas, United States Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understand, yes. How is fallout? I haven't really played any others in the series (played a few hours of 3) but some of my friends rave about it.

Travis seems to be enjoying it. I spent about 10 seconds looking at it before I past out last night. Twas a very long day of boring adult errands and work.

my bf bought it last night and i played it a bit this afternoon. i would still be playing it but i've got school responsibilities, damnit. why did it have to come out during midterms week? the amount of crap i have due this week is driving me nuts, i feel bad for the people taking this class who work too. :crack:

I'm pretty sure I'm dying too, or at least my nose is dying. WHY DURING MELBOURNE MUSIC WEEK WHYYYY.

Thank god Codral exists.

Also Bonnie I miss you being around often! Chass I'm glad you've been around these parts lately.

I should be here more! I've been pretty flat out but that's no excuse, always good to chill here with you guys. :heart:

I'm good, other than random stomach pains, which seem to be subsiding.

My boyfriend and I just bought our first house. It's pretty sweet.

I am glad to hear that your servants attempt at poisoning was completely futile :hug:

Nice!! That sounds bloody awesome, deets?

So it's the thread to blame rather than my students or colleagues?

Throw some goddamn alligators at them.

Irrelevant, barely worth discussion but: Where do you even begin with the stupid shit Jimmy Iovine said about wimmen? (apparently, we females are incapable of discovering music for ourselves and require assistance, I wasn't even aware this was a stereotype, but okay, I'm discovering new things about our species all the time).

Nice work on the house :up:

Speaking of YOU.

I'm listening to my 90s U2 tonight, and was reminded of something I posted a long time ago.

atyclb.jpg

I believe that's from when you first listened to Zooropa and went "wtf is this", and I blamed ATYCLB for making you think U2 couldn't be weird.

Oh my god the U2 demotivationals! :love:

Remember how funny that was before a whole bunch of unfunny pricks overran the thread?

Throw some goddamn alligators at them.

Irrelevant, barely worth discussion but: Where do you even begin with the stupid shit Jimmy Iovine said about wimmen? (apparently, we females are incapable of discovering music for ourselves and require assistance, I wasn't even aware this was a stereotype, but okay, I'm discovering new things about our species all the time).

Didn't you know women are only able to find new shoes?

At least that ridiculous thing that went around a while ago about "people stop discovering new music at 33" just made me laugh and was backed by some shonky stats. This was actually offensive and out of nowhere.

Oh my god the U2 demotivationals! :love:

Remember how funny that was before a whole bunch of unfunny pricks overran the thread?

Didn't you know women are only able to find new shoes?

At least that ridiculous thing that went around a while ago about "people stop discovering new music at 33" just made me laugh and was backed by some shonky stats. This was actually offensive and out of nowhere.

Remember the days of the internet where there were fewer people, yet it seemed to be less homogenous? I miss that shit!

It's funny, 'cause shoes really are one of the only things I'm incapable of buying in excess, they just don't interest me at all - give me comfy black boots, or canvas shoes, or just some thongs, and I'm chill. Not really a main thing of my wardrobe.

I saw that, people just want clicks for their stupid ass studies without citation, it's such tosh.

What stupid fucking comments by Iovine.

I don't remember that demotivational poster, but there is no doubt that I said something like about Zooropa and for that I apologise strongly.

We'll forgive you some day.

The societal structure that expects us to work eight hours a day, five days a week is fucking bullshit. I went to work at 8:30, sat around bored until I got my first piece of work at 3:30. I literally wasted seven hours of my life, and made money for it.

I'll sit around being bored for money, sure.

And I'll be a good boy for Mr Iovine and use that money to buy some of the music I found, because I'm a man and I can do that. I may even let a woman hear it.

Today I sat at work on a computer drawing boundary lines and calculating the number of trees on Orchards, putting them in in a database.

I have to do this three days a week for the next three or so weeks. I may not survive!

I have been doing dole work for the government over the past month, and, remarkably, it's been immensely fun and useful - this is the first and last time the words "dole" and "fun" have been used in the same sentence, so you should really soak it in while you still can! It basically involves illustrating for a bunch of RSPCA books, and they're all about cartoon rabbits. I pretty much just go to a place in the morning, draw critters for eight and a half hours, head home and then draw things I want to draw. What's better, the guys behind it totally know their shit when it comes to publishing, commercial art and advertising - some of them have been in the industry for ages and were rapt with what I'm doing, so I'm currently making a portfolio to send to a bunch of companies for a storyboarding job. I can't believe I might actually get a dream job out of something Centrelink told me to do, that seems awfully counterproductive of them. Anyway, I say this now, if I do indeed get a job at an ad joint, I am sure I will be in here every day complaining about it. :heart:

Cheers dude, I am very excited, to be honest I had no idea just how many storyboarding jobs there were out there, far more than concept artists and character designers which are more glamourised (if such a term can be used for people who sit on their arses all day with a wacom tablet), so for the first time in forever I can realistically see myself potentially doing a job I would love. It certainly helps take the pain away from all my complete failures in the aspects of relationships etc.

I intend to visit my brother in Hobart right before Christmas, but all the cheapest flights involve ridiculously long stopovers in Melbourne - would anyone be available to drink beers with me and possibly offer a couch on some night between the 18th-20th december?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom