Looking to form a suport group- U2 fans who dislike Coldplay, please confess!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Surely I can't be the only one who fails to see the appeal here. Their songs are mostly boring, and Chris's voice is very annoying. He is also very creepy looking and I cannot stand the sight of him. I don't see anything so great about them they should ever be considered in the same breath with U2. Please don't bash me if you like them, I'm looking for other non-Coldplay U2 fans. Thank you.

No cujos allowed?

But you let cujosmith in... fascists.

:down:

Thank you Red ships! :up:

Hey velvetdress, we seem to be disagreeing on everything today. Please, I don't want to be harassed by Coldplay lovers, there are threads for your kind. I'm looking for support from others who can't stand them.

Okay I personally like Coldplay and of course U2 :wink:

but the one thing I dont understand is why the 2 are compared to another bc their styles of music are completely different??

U2Kitten said:
Coldplay lovers, there are threads for your kind. I'm looking for support from others who can't stand them.

Yes, but in every Coldplay thread, there have been people posting that they dislike/hate them or can't see why the are compared with U2 and Radiohead or don't understand the hype. Don't expect shelter.

Another example...one that, hopefully you will understand...it is like someone posting a thread about how they like soccer, and you come in and say it is boring people kicking a ball in socks. Don't expect shelter.

Now where is my Sula buddy. I know she will give you support here! :)

adamswildhoney said:
but the one thing I dont understand is why the 2 are compared to another bc their styles of music are completely different??

I think maybe they're compared because so many U2 fans do like Coldplay. Not because of music styles.

I don't dislike Coldplay as individuals nor do I dislike their fans (yes, i still love you zoner;)), but I find them incredibly overrated, overhyped and overworshipped. :huh: Certainly they are not "bad" but I get very weary hearing about how they are the new saviours of rock. Quite honestly, they bore me to tears.

I can't bring myself to dislike a broad spectrum of people I've never met. I'm not the biggest Radiohead freak in the world, but I respect how much the band means to their fans.

zonelistener said:
Another example...one that, hopefully you will understand...it is like someone posting a thread about how they like soccer, and you come in and say it is boring people kicking a ball in socks.

I had no idea it was about liking soccer. It looked to me like a making fun of soccer thread, really. I'm still waiting for the NFL fans to come back me up in that one;)

sulawesigirl4 said:
I don't dislike Coldplay as individuals nor do I dislike their fans (yes, i still love you zoner;)), but I find them incredibly overrated, overhyped and overworshipped. :huh: Certainly they are not "bad" but I get very weary hearing about how they are the new saviours of rock. Quite honestly, they bore me to tears.

Yes, that is what bugs me most! :scream: :banghead:

Originally posted by Sicy
I think maybe they're compared because so many U2 fans do like Coldplay. Not because of music styles.

Yes, that bugs me too. This is a big part of it. :huh:

I think I probably would not even have paid any attention to them and just ignored them if it weren't for these two things. :yes:

I was really curious to see what the big deal was about Coldplay because I see their name around here a lot, so I bought their current CD. I was so disappointed with it. It's pretty boring. It was way too slow for my taste and not at all what I was expecting. I don't really know what I wanted out of the CD but I just didn't like it. I tried. I listened to it several times but it's done nothing for me. It's in a box with other CD's to sell at the used record store next time I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom