longest youve ever slept in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am lazy and proud..not like i usually do too much when i am awake. I have slept 20 hours before..but the latest i have slept is like 9PM..if i am not in school or band..I am nocturnal! I go to sleep around 6AM and wake up at 7PM If i am in school or during the marching band season..I usually sleep about 4-5 hours a night. So the 13 hours of sleep like on weekends evens it out to normal sleep !! :wink:

um...i commonly sleep until 1pm on the weekends...but this summer i was late to work once...cause i was supposed to work @2 and i woke up at 1:55...

i've slept until 2ish...i guess...:shrug:...

BAW and nbcrusader, do they really wake up around 5-6am??? I'm in BIG trouble...I love my sleep!
I sleep in til 11-12 if I dont have to get up.
*correction: I used to sleep in til then...
:(

45 hours straight on a long weekend back in '94.

This past weekend, I slept from Sun. 1am to Sun. 6pm

Last edited:
Angela Harlem said:
BAW and nbcrusader, do they really wake up around 5-6am??? I'm in BIG trouble...I love my sleep!

I think it is a personality thing. My son loves to get up and start his day - sometimes he will be dressed and have all his morning chores done by 6:00 am. My daughter will sometimes sleep through breakfast (7:00am in our house).

Of couse, we are past the infant "feed me/change me" wake up calls.

:wave:

i am officially the queen of sleeping in. :yes:
i wouldn't venture to say i'm lazy--quite the contrary, i'm actually a very hard, dilligent worker during my waking hours. rather, i prefer to think of myself as a sleep conoisseur.

so to answer your question, there was one instance in which i fell asleep at 9:30pm and awoke at around 10:30pm....the following day. i seriously am not exaggerating in the least bit here...i did not wake up for anything (#1, #2, food, drink, etc.). i should note i wasn't feeling all that well physically; still, it's not like i had acquired mono or any other ailment that might induce prolonged sleep/sleepiness. :shrug:

...deathbear, i think it's safe to say that the looks in which you received pale in comparison to those i encountered when i awoke up from my mini-hibernation.

it's like this: if i have no prior commitments and i have off from work and school, alarm clocks and phones go out the window. if one should be so bold as to rouse me from my sleep/coma before my biological clock goes off, let's just say :grumpy: :angry: :rant: :yell: :censored:

Last edited:
Weekends 5 p.m. was normal, ?til I few years ago.

Nowadays, if I can afford to, I sleep until 10 or 12 a.m. - sometimes, after clubs, 2 or 3 p.m. But that could be the other way ?round, sometimes I keep dancing until 10 a.m.,... whatever.

I hate getting up early, and 7.30 a.m. (go2work) is always killing me.

I tend to think that sleep is relative for everyone. Personally I will always need a minimum of 8-9 hours to feel anywhere near normal. So if I go to bed at 2am, it has to be made up somewhere, hence I'll sleep in. Then of course there is that terrible phenomenon of oversleeping where the longer you sleep the worse you get, and the sleep sort of drugs you into a coma-like state. I have been known to sleep from midnight to the following noon. But you're better off sleeping not quite enough, getting up and then having a nap later.

Naps are great and seriously should be made more socially acceptable. Nearly all office-type workers should be encouraged to have a brief nap of some kind in early afternoon, when the body is at its lowest ebb. They'd be a hell of a lot better off all round. Of course if you work from home you just take the nap. Ha.

TripThruUreWires said:
i am officially the queen of sleeping in. :yes:
i wouldn't venture to say i'm lazy--quite the contrary, i'm actually a very hard, dilligent worker during my waking hours. rather, i prefer to think of myself as a sleep conoisseur.

so to answer your question, there was one instance in which i fell asleep at 9:30pm and awoke at around 10:30pm....the following day. i seriously am not exaggerating in the least bit here...i did not wake up for anything (#1, #2, food, drink, etc.). i should note i wasn't feeling all that well physically; still, it's not like i had acquired mono or any other ailment that might induce prolonged sleep/sleepiness. :shrug:

...deathbear, i think it's safe to say that the looks in which you received pale in comparison to those i encountered when i awoke up from my mini-hibernation.

it's like this: if i have no prior commitments and i have off from work and school, alarm clocks and phones go out the window. if one should be so bold as to rouse me from my sleep/coma before my biological clock goes off, let's just say :grumpy: :angry: :rant: :yell: :censored:

:| thats 25 hours in a row. that has to be record.

kieran, i agree about the napping bit. i often nap. my longest nap was 7 hours during my easter gathering last year. right after a huge lunch until well after supper.

and about work, its so easy to say im going home to work now, but in all reality im taking a nap. ah the joys.

Kieran McConville said:
Naps are great and seriously should be made more socially acceptable. Nearly all office-type workers should be encouraged to have a brief nap of some kind in early afternoon, when the body is at its lowest ebb. They'd be a hell of a lot better off all round. Of course if you work from home you just take the nap. Ha.

Naps can work wonders, although I have the hardest damn time taking them! I have to be so dead tired that I can barely stand up in order to fall asleep. If I'm just pretty tired it won't work. It's weird. :shrug: I wish I could take them more easily.

after going to bed at about midnight, i woke up at quarter to 2 once, since sleeping that long was with no real reason, it was pretty bad...

towards the end of last semester i became damn near nocturnal, i'd go to sleep at 6 am and get up to go to classes (or on days when i had an 8 am class, i'd go to sleep when i got back), go back to bed, and then sleep til about 7:30 in the evening...

but recently, since i haven't had anywhere to go or any set shcedule to follow, i've been going to bed at 4 am and getting up at quarter to 2 pm...or not, cos it's only a bit after noon now and iv'e been up for a while...i'm not sure anymore...

I was so hung over this Sunday from a wedding I went to on Saturday that I woke up at 5:15PM. I did not even go to bed that late, but I did ake up at 8:00 to throw up the bottle of Jack Daniels I *supposedly* drank at the wedding...

A sllep-in? It's so long ago, i can't remember.
These days if I make 5 am it's reason to celebrate( I usally wake at about 4 am...symptom of old age, "up with the Hare Krishnas" is my saying ..earlier than sparrows even think about it).Even if I go along to see the band, which entails getting home at about 3-4am I still wake up very early. If I doze I feel so groggy and headachey and awful. It's best to get "up and at 'em, rise and shine" and also to let hub finish his "beauty sleep". I do sneak back at about 6- 6-30 am...his "solar-powered alarming clock".

I think siesta's/power-naps are a great idea if your lifestyle allows.( especially in our climate) I allow myself the luxury of a read in the mid-afternoon and sleep deeply for 10-15 minutes. Any longer than that and it's the groggy/headachey/ grumpy thing.I work woth my REM's and sleep cycles. I did have a bad dream yesterday arvo' though, so that's put me off the idea of a nap somewhat.
And there you have it!Everything you did and did not want to know about my sleeping habits. Aren't you glad you don't live with me!!

Angela Harlem said:

Well, I'm sure you haven't had much sleep lately but it will get better...in 5 or 6 years :)

Seriously though, like nbcrusader said, every child has different sleep patterns. My youngest was so happy and full of life during his toddler years that he hated to sleep at all...he thought he was going to miss something I guess, just like his mom. He would lay awake for hours past his bedtime, talking to himself, singing, calling for a glass of water. He was usually awake by 5:30 or 6:00 a.m., patting me on the face to get up and start the day with him. There were times when I would get up and find him sitting in the living room with a bowl of cereal he made himself, watching TV...this was when he was 3 or 4.

I don't remember him ever sleeping through the night as a baby. Many nights I remember hearing him chattering to himself at 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning. He didn't wake up and cry, it just seemed like sleep was a waste of time to him.

My oldest on the other hand, started sleeping through the night at 6 or 7 months and has hated getting up early his entire 17 years of life. He will sleep 24 hours straight if I let him. :|

But, you may get lucky...I know lots of people who have babies that sleep through the night and don't wake up until 8:00 or 9:00 a.m.

ahhh 1981 BC*, I remember those days
*BC = Before Children.
Babies teach you a new appreciation of time...and sleep.
aww Angela. You are so lucky.
BAW, youe 17yo sounds like my 14 yo....never known someone to sleep so much. The 2003 Australian school year commences next week. I have to start putting him in training to be awake and ready by 7.30 am. He staggers off in a daze.

I love to watch the sun rise over the sea. LOVE IT!! I live in a valley here amongst tall trees, no sunrise , no sunset..gosh I miss it( sensory deprivation I call it). I was at my parents place earlier in the week and had one of those magic moments I love. As the red sun rose in the east., the glowing golden moon set in the west. The 3 spheres. Refreshes the spirit.
Mornin' Natalie, beautiful girl, be good for mummy :)

hey BAW...you and I have almost the same number of posts...and children...and favourite band cool :)

naps are wonderful. this interim i have class from 8:30-noon with a 30 min chapel break. since i stay up until 3 or 4am, i usually take a nap during chapel break and a nap after lunch. two a day. it suits me just fine. i think college really teaches naps...

Does the after effect of Tylenol PM count? I slept at 0700 and woke up at 2000H. :crazy:

Oh SF, I can't help but stare at your avatar. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom