Liza Minnelli's Wedding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2live

The Fly
ok. what was that all about anyway? Did you see Conan last night with Scott of Kids in the Hall who said the groom looked like he was made of plastic and probably dressed up as Liza's mom on their wedding night. She's been married 4x, and she has this huge, elaborate thing with this obviously gay man. Well, as Scott said, at least the passion won't die, because there never was any. And then to top it off she's kicking her 94 yr old stepmother out of her home.

Originally posted by U2live:
ok. what was that all about anyway? Did you see Conan last night with Scott of Kids in the Hall who said the groom looked like he was made of plastic and probably dressed up as Liza's mom on their wedding night. She's been married 4x, and she has this huge, elaborate thing with this obviously gay man. Well, as Scott said, at least the passion won't die, because there never was any. And then to top it off she's kicking her 94 yr old stepmother out of her home.

Now that's pretty sad.

Why was such an issue made of her wedding anyway? It's like she demanded every media be there and follow them around on theirh honeymoon for publicity. Every time we turned on the news (not just the "entertainment mags") that week, we got a daily update of what they did that day of their honeymoon. I don't even know her relevance. Could someone enlighten me?

~U2Alabama

FACT! - for all this time, I never knew Judy Garland was Liza's mum!!!!!!

(yes, honestly!!!)
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

and mum wants to know if the groom has had a face-lift or 3......

wink.gif

journalist asks Elton John: If you were going to Liza's wedding, what would you get her?

Elton: a heterosexual husband.

biggrin.gif
That's a true story!!!

------------------
I dig my toes into the sand. The ocean looks like a 1,000 diamonds strewn across a blue plain. I lean against the wind, pretend that I am weightless. And in this moment I am happy... happy.

Love,
Emily

I wish you were here.

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
Emily's Wallpapers

Celebrity hype = vomit

I HATE Entertainmant Tonight all the other stupid shows that act like we care what Brad Pitt ate for breakfast or what...I mean "who"... Gwyenth Paltrow was wearing when she went for her morning jog at 7:00am.

Why do we elevate celebrities to the role of demi-gods? I hate it.
Here are these normal people just like you and me yet we mere mortals can never dream of even approaching them or talking to them. We have elevated them to the point where they are so far above us that we can only dream of SEEING these other human beings who will die like the rest of us.

Sorry....a passion of mine.I really really dislike celebrity society and its interaction with the surrounding world!

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

forgot another one, Letterman held up a picture of the "wedding party" the bride, groom and maid of honor, Elizabeth Taylor, and best man, Michael Jackson, and said "Ladies and gentlemen this is the #1 reason to outlaw cloning." oh, i would be interested in what Bono eats for breakfast and wears though.

[This message has been edited by U2live (edited 04-05-2002).]

Originally posted by Basstrap:
Celebrity hype = vomit

I HATE Entertainmant Tonight all the other stupid shows that act like we care what Brad Pitt ate for breakfast or what...I mean "who"... Gwyenth Paltrow was wearing when she went for her morning jog at 7:00am.

Why do we elevate celebrities to the role of demi-gods? I hate it.
Here are these normal people just like you and me yet we mere mortals can never dream of even approaching them or talking to them. We have elevated them to the point where they are so far above us that we can only dream of SEEING these other human beings who will die like the rest of us.

Sorry....a passion of mine.I really really dislike celebrity society and its interaction with the surrounding world!

I couldn't agree with you more! Perfectly stated!

------------------
"Sometimes I go into my own little world, but that's OK, because they know me there."

Back
Top Bottom