Live Earth on the Mall in D.C.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Metallica guys seemed to be getting way into it... Adam Yauch looked like he'd rather be at the dentist. :laugh:

My msn feed just doesn't come thru = it's constantly loading :sigh:
Woke up a short time ago - Enrigue Iglesias was on Sundance Channel, then Corinne Bailey Rae (or Rae bailey :der: ), and Bravo has the Black Eyed Peas. I think I missed alot :sigh: But I did see the Crowdies last night - they were great and the crowd was awesome too :up:

BTW, what songs did Genesis play?

Keane is on Sundance now

John Legend on Bravo

<<<off to the shower - the MSN feeds are constantly buffering :shrug:

Last edited:
Is it just me or is the whole thing a let down? The "message" is being presented in a heavy-handed way that isn't the least bit impactful, the set-ups/crowd turn outs are weak as are all the artists, even the decent ones like the Chili Peppers are putting on some lame shows, it's scary when Duran Duran is the strongest performance of the day thus far.

And don't even get me started on Bravo and their coverage, showing shit like Rihanna twice doing the same song, yet ignoring better artists, and their hosts who are both veteran VJ's coming off like they're on public access and keep spouting hyperbole and compliments which just make it seem worse by comparison. Granted I'll check out The Police, but chances are I'll have to go online to find the Bloc Party set and Snow Patrol will probably be playing music from "Eyes Open" to please the TV audience.

Live 8 was announced much closer to it's actual date, had many bigger and better artists as well as a slew of smaller creative ones, and artists at the global shows that matched their locales (not all but plenty) and the production values let alone impact was much stronger. Not to mention the "2 Billion Viewers" lie, they've been touting that for a month and it hasn't even taken place yet, and there's no way that occurs.

powerhour24 said:
Is it just me or is the whole thing a let down? The "message" is being presented in a heavy-handed way that isn't the least bit impactful, the set-ups/crowd turn outs are weak as are all the artists, even the decent ones like the Chili Peppers are putting on some lame shows, it's scary when Duran Duran is the strongest performance of the day thus far.

And don't even get me started on Bravo and their coverage, showing shit like Rihanna twice doing the same song, yet ignoring better artists, and their hosts who are both veteran VJ's coming off like they're on public access and keep spouting hyperbole and compliments which just make it seem worse by comparison. Granted I'll check out The Police, but chances are I'll have to go online to find the Bloc Party set and Snow Patrol will probably be playing music from "Eyes Open" to please the TV audience.

Live 8 was announced much closer to it's actual date, had many bigger and better artists as well as a slew of smaller creative ones, and artists at the global shows that matched their locales (not all but plenty) and the production values let alone impact was much stronger. Not to mention the "2 Billion Viewers" lie, they've been touting that for a month and it hasn't even taken place yet, and there's no way that occurs.

not agreeing with ya on the performances. Problem is there are so many artists for each location that time is very limited for each and rushing thru, 3 song sets, nervousness and etc are the cause for some what you are saying.

I am enjoying all of it right now, especially CH.. which is on right now..

Lila64 said:
Metallica=Enter Sandman on TV :rockon:

Duran Duran on Bravo!

ok, really going now!

haha! didn't you say ciao a while ago? you stink go take a shower will ya! p u!

hahacat.jpg

Last edited:
Some of the performances I've seen so far have been pretty decent.

There was just a commercial break, then a "viewer discretion is advised" notice. :lol:

Duran Duran! :dance:

I'm only watching some of the performances. Honestly, I don't have an opinion on the whole "oh, how hypocritical, expending all this energy to talk about saving the earth" thing. I also don't really care about the whole argument about how Live 8 didn't have an impact.

I just care that there's a bunch of bands and musicians putting on a big-ass concert. I'm all over that like white on rice.

Boy, they're not showing anyone good here...Enrique Iglesias, and now Keith Urban/Alicia Keys. :|

Back
Top Bottom