Live 8 - Toronto Lineup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Ontario, Canada

Dan Aykroyd (Host)
Tom Greene (Host)
Celine Dion (via satellite from Las Vegas)
Bryan Adams
Our Lady Peace
Barenaked Ladies
Gordon Lightfoot
Great Big Sea
The Tragically Hip
Blue Rodeo
Billy Talent
Jann Arden
Randy Bachman
Burton Cummings
Simple Plan
Tegan & Sara
Bruce Cockburn
Tom Cochrane
Motley Crue

Source: 411mania.com

Live 8 NEEDED Bryan Adams... SUMMER OF 69 :rockon:

and Motley Crue... :rockon:

Fuck!!

Now every single TV and radio station in Canada is going to be broadcasting the Toronto show and I'm going to miss the Pink Floyd reunion and U2 show in London!! :scream:

but if this is anything like LIVE AID, it's supose to be just 1 BIG BROADCAST, doesn't it?

BTW: Latest info.. just found out that 50 CENT had to back down of the Philly show:
"50 Cent, citing a scheduling conflict in shooting his first movie, has had to back out of performing in Philadelphia, PA. In his place, both Destiny’s Child and Linkin Park have been added on to the Philadelphia bill for July 2."

411mania.com

sorry for the double post:

UPDATED LIVE 8 LINE-UP:

London, England:

Pink Floyd
Coldplay
The Killers
Velvet Revolver
Bob Geldof
The Cure
Mariah Carey
Dido
Keane
Snow Patrol
Elton John
Annie Lennox
Madonna
Paul McCartney
Razorlight
Snoop Dogg
Sting
U2
Joss Stone
Stereophonics
R.E.M.
Scissor Sisters
Muse
Robbie Williams

Philadelphia, PA (US):

Destiny’s Child
Linkin Park
Will Smith
Bon Jovi
Dave Matthews Band
Stevie Wonder
Jay-Z
P. Diddy
Il Divo
Maroon 5
Rob Thomas
Keith Urban
Kaiser Chiefs
PS: 50 CENT's out!!!

Rome, Italy:

Faith Hill
Tim McGraw
Duran Duran
Jovan Otti
Nek
Laura Pausini
Vasco Rossi
Zucchero

Berlin, Germany:

A-Ha
Crosby, Stills & Nash
Lauryn Hill
Brian Wilson
Bap
Die Toten Hosen
Peter Maffay

Paris, France:

Jamiroquai
Placebo
Youssou N'Dour
Andrea Bocelli
Craig David
Calo Gero
Kyo
Yannick Noah
Axelle Red
Johnny Hallyday

Cornwall, England (Africa Calling)

Youssou N'Dour
Angelique Kidjo
Maryam Mursal
Daara J
Salif Keita
Thomas Mapfumo
Blacks Unlimited
Shikisha
Tinariwen

Toronto, Ontario (CAN)

Dan Aykroyd (Host)
Tom Greene (Host)
Celine Dion (via satellite from Las Vegas)
Bryan Adams
Our Lady Peace
Barenaked Ladies
Gordon Lightfoot
Great Big Sea
The Tragically Hip
Blue Rodeo
Billy Talent
Jann Arden
Randy Bachman
Burton Cummings
Simple Plan
Tegan & Sara
Bruce Cockburn
Tom Cochrane
Motley Crue

Tokyo, Japan

(Lineup TBA)

Johannesburg, South Africa (Live 8 Africa)

(Lineup TBA)

It's depressing to see the Toronto (Barrie) list when you consider the Canadian acts that were omitted in favour of the rest (or if you look at a great deal of the other venues). Not a terrible lineup, but at the same time it's not very representative of the talent and creativity up here.

Whatevs. All for a good cause in some roundabout way.

Our Lady Peace :up: they're great.

Simple Minds are a good inclusion as well. I thank any country that is fortunate enough to be in the G8 should be thankful enough that they have a concert (letalone the socio-economic reasons that make you in the EU to begin with). :rolleyes:

It's going to be a great day of entertainment :hyper:.

ladywithspinninghead said:
Simple Minds WOULD be great but unfortunately it's Simple Plan who is playing in Barrie...

Nice. You beat me to it.

:up:

It's honourable that some of these artists are willing to take the time to use their celebrity for this "awareness" concert, but not all of them can be absolved from criticism. Especially one performer (let's call her Ms. Prion) who may or may not be simulcasting a "live" performance to the Barrie concert from one of her many high-paid Las Vegas shows. Her physical presence probably would have been unbearable anyway.

Of course the shows will be entertaining, but there's an obvious disparity between the Barrie concert and many others. It's a privilege to have a one-time event like this in one's country for sure. That doesn't change the fact that many of the artists are outside of the appeal of the target observer (those that would actually care to activate their awareness). Keeping this in mind, it's not ungrateful or callous to suggest that the performers could be better selected... both musically and demographically.

Unless I've severely underestimated the political motivation of BTO and Tom Cochrane fans.

:sexywink:

cujo said:
It's depressing to see the Toronto (Barrie) list when you consider the Canadian acts that were omitted in favour of the rest (or if you look at a great deal of the other venues). Not a terrible lineup, but at the same time it's not very representative of the talent and creativity up here.
so true, cujo.

cujo said:

True, but have you seen the US lineup? Seriously, have you seen it? Needless to say, I wont be buying tickets for that....

aren' t the tickets free?

mofo, are you saying you wouldn't go see MAROON 5 for FREE??

I'm going to steal A-Ha from Germany.

Hasselhoff could substitute on short notice. That is, if he can find some time in his overwhelming schedule.

IF.

cujo said:
I'm going to steal A-Ha from Germany.

Hasselhoff could substitute on short notice. That is, if he can find some time in his overwhelming schedule.

IF.
they have die toten hosen, man.

DIE. TOTEN. HOSEN.

Where's the Arcade Fire in Canada's lineup???????????????????
The U.S. lineup blows chunks.
We better not get interuppted with 50 fuckin cent or the Celine Dion when U2 or R.E.M. are playing. I'll smash my T.V. if that happens.

ladywithspinninghead said:

Simple Minds WOULD be great but unfortunately it`s Simple Plan who is playing in Barrie...

I give up!

Naturally I'm a very realistic bordering on sarcastic person, for once in my life I try to be optimistic and end up looking very stupid.

:reject:

They apparently added Jet today.

Where the hell is The Arcade Fire? Is there anybody in their right mind who actually wants to see Celine Dion on satellite in a dumpy field up in Barrie?

Good luck on the 400 during the long weekend for those who will be going. Should be a pleasant drive, LOL!

Sarah McLachlan(Philadelphia)
Sex Pistols(London)

Could you imagine what Celine would get pelted with if she appeared in person in Toronto? Justin Tinkerbell got pelted with water bottles at SARSstock in 2003.

There are some omissions for the Toronto show - and some media are being vocal about it: Arcade Fire, Alanis, Avril, Feist etc.

u2fp

i will be praying for "technical difficulties" during ms dions performance.

Back
Top Bottom