Live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LIVE!!!!!
My 3rd favourite band. They are absoluetely bloody amazing.
My favourite album is yes, Throwing Copper, so many excellent songs on that (White, Discussion?!OMG :drool)
Secret Samadhi is also nothing short of amazing, even if it's only because of Lakini's Juice, Insomnia And The Hole In The Universe and Heropsychodreamer.
The Distance To Here....just WOW. The Distance, Sun, VOODOO LADY! That last one live is absolutely awesome. Oh and of course, The Stood Up For Love...:heart:
Mental Jewelry is pretty damned good...Mirror Song and Water Song are particular standout tracks.
V and Birds of Prey I haven't really heard very much of...however Simple Creed and Flow are pretty damn good. I heard those two albums aren't quite as good though.
Songs From Black Mountain is a little bit slow for my liking...I have to be in the mood. Wings, Sofia, Heaven are all beautiful tracks though :up:

Yay, LIVE! Yippee!

RavenBlue said:
Love that song.

Very good bad who faded into obscurity, I think largely cause radio lost interest in them. The first 4 albums are all excellent, after that it gets a bit sketchy. V has some very good moments and some meh, Birds of Pray had more meh than good moments and I frankly never picked up Black Mountain after being kind of disinterested with BOP.
Very good live band, though prone to shorter shows (90 minutes or so).

phanan said:
my days as a music store manager.
You looked so much happier then:

High_Fidelity.jpg

Not necessarily the best album in their career, but Songs From Black Mountain is light years better than Birds of Pray, and in my opinion, Secret Samadhi. V is a bit of a guilty pleasure, I still have trouble discerning how much irony Ed was putting into his macho lyrics for the more aggressive songs. The first two albums, and The Distance to Here, are fan-freaking-tastic, though.

greenlight7-11 said:

The original is by Vic Chesnutt and it's available on the Sweet Relief II compilation album, which is basically a tribute to Vic.

Excellent! Thanks much for the info. :)

UnforgettableLemon said:
Not necessarily the best album in their career, but Songs From Black Mountain is light years better than Birds of Pray, and in my opinion, Secret Samadhi.

Remarkable, someone actually thinks that SFBM is not shite.

The album bores me, and I'd always choose BOP over it cause BOP has Sweet Release, Like I Do and What Are We Fightin' For

I think Secret Samadhi is by far their best. I felt like they pushed themselves to have a more unique sound on that one. I like all the songs except Merica. Throwing Copper always seemed like a mixed bag to me. Some quality songs, but not very consistently good.

I think Throwing Copper is the best album, followed closely by Secrect Samadhi. Mental Jewelry is good and so is The Distance To Here. Everything they've done since TDTH has been awful, IMO.

RavenBlue said:
I have to give props to the untitled bonus track from Throwing Copper as well :drool:

Consider it titled.

It's titled "Horse"......which kinda makes sense.

Never really liked that tune much....

I lived in their "area" of the Northeast, and Live strike me as a band with some good songs, but they never really reached critical mass to get themselves out there.

Meh.

I just found this thread :heart:

I've always been a big fan of Live since the Mental Jewelry days. Those were the few bunch of songs I heard from them on my local radio station. I saw them last month (see journal entry) and despite how I feel about any album in particular, they're always a great live show. I've had Secret Samadhi in my car since last month. sometimes it takes a great show for me to remember how much I forget to listen to for a while. I met Ed at the House of Blues a couple years ago when Birds of Pray came out, he signed my Mental Jewelry case :heart: I saw them in Baltimore in 2002 and he asked if there were any U2 fans in the house, and (ironically I was wearing my Achtung Baby shirt) he played a little bit from One :love:

V was a little weird for me, but there are some songs that I'll listen to. Birds of Pray...so-so, and I haven't picked up Songs from Black Mountain yet :reject: I did get the best of set for my birthday. I love their version of Walk the Line. Still think the first 4 albums were definite quality music :up:

can't wait to see them in concert again!

Back
Top Bottom