Little Miss Sunshine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
I just got back from it. It was only screening at a small theatre in Dallas so I'm not sure how readily available it is for everything to see, but it was really great.

Extremely well acted, and as a Steve Carell fan I was obviously thrilled. Toni Collette and Greg Kinnear are great as usual, and Alan Arkin really steals all his scenes.

It was hilarious and heartfelt, and definitely the best comedy I've seen all year (best movie is still V For Vendetta). You definitely ought to see it.

Thinking of seeing Talladega Nights? See this instead, it's much funnier.

:up:

I've read but positive reviews for this movie. Are there any plans for a wider release? The cast is made up of some of my favorite actors, so I've really been looking forward to seeing it but it's not screening anywhere in crummy ol' Tucson.

Edit: Nevermind. I just found out it's going to be released here on the 18th. Can't wait! Looking forward to hearing DeVotchKa played in the movie too :drool:

Release dates are listed here: http://www2.foxsearchlight.com/littlemisssunshine/release_schedule/

inmyplace13 said:
best movie is still V For Vendetta
:love:

Last edited:
I missed the screening closest to me, oh well, I'll just Netflix it when it comes out. :grumpy:

and yes, V is most definitely the best movie of the year so far, but The Prestige hasn't come out yet :drool:

(or Snakes on a Planeeeee)

I saw this movie yesterday and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Being an "Office" fan I went to see it for Steve Carell, but I was blown away by everyone's performance. I laughed, and got a bit teary-eyed, and I'm sure I'm going to rave about this movie to everyone I know.

Did I mention I've never seen Toni Collette make a bad film?

:hyper:
Oh man, I saw a screening of this tonight and LOVED it. Like really LOVED it. :up:

Steve Carrell :heart:

Haha, afterwards they had a news crew there to get reactions and the first question they asked was "What was your favorite line?" The guy stood there stunned before some girl behind him yelled "FUCK THAT!"

I hope it was live. :drool:

i saw this tonight. what a great, great, funny movie.

i loved how uncle frank kept reminding everyone how he was the most renowned proust scholar in the u.s. while pushing the van.

and olive's introduction to her talent portion of the beauty pageant:

olive: i'd like to dedicate this to my grandpa, who taught me all of my moves.
sleazy pageant host: that's sweet, honey. where's your grandpa?
olive: in the trunk of our car.

it's a smart, well-written, hilarious movie with heart. if you have the opportunity to go see it, i'd totally recommend it.

:up: :up:

I saw it last night. Great movie. I was laughing so hard when they all got up to dance.

"fuck alot of women. Not just one."

PlaTheGreat said:
The guy stood there stunned before some girl behind him yelled "FUCK THAT!"

I hope it was live. :drool:
You anarchist you :love:

NPR gave this good reviews. I trust NPR with my life, so let's doooo it.

Right atfer I see MOTHERFUCKING SNAKES ON A MOTHERFUCKING PLANE.

Canadiens1160 said:
You anarchist you :love:

NPR gave this good reviews. I trust NPR with my life, so let's doooo it.

Right atfer I see MOTHERFUCKING SNAKES ON A MOTHERFUCKING PLANE.

Little Miss Sunshine will be the next movie I see in theaters too.

I gotta go to my local indie one :drool:

Just saw this tonight. Alan Arkin and Abigail Breslin were phenomenal. I couldn't help but walk into it with high expectations but it definitely delivered. I LOVED it. I can't remember the last time I've ever felt so touched by a movie. It was much funnier than I was expecting and really touching/heart-warming. I'm planning on seeing this one again.

lmjhitman said:
and olive's introduction to her talent portion of the beauty pageant:

Yes! That was one of my favorite moments :up:

Last edited:
I liked it a lot as well. I really thought I was going to hurt myself laughing when the cop stopped them. "It's not illegal!"

My only complaint is that like many road movies, the geography is fucked up. To get from Albuquerque to LA, you go straight west on I40, nowhere near I10 and Scottsdale. There aren't any saguaro cactus in Albuquerque; it's too far north. And the railroad bridge near the hotel at the end is in Ventura. (And the freeway is the 101.)

I think small flaws like this indicate cut corners in shooting and thinking. It does detract from the movie for me.

Also, here in CA, kids are checked for colorblindness in second grade. Maybe New Mexico doesn't have that. :shrug:

lmjhitman said:

Yeah I think that was my favourite part of the whole movie :lmao:

I just saw the movie tonight and loved it. I like how it was both a comedy but also rather dark. Of course it was all about the characters who were pretty much all memorable.

yeah I would think you would know you were colour blind by that age, but then again, I don't remember ever having to be tested for it :shrug:

as for the geography bits, well, having never been to that part of the country I have no clue. so it didn't bother me at all :wink:

Steve Carell... :heart: i loved him so much in this movie!!

Best movie I have seen in a Looooooong time. GO SEE IT!!!

"Please don't kill yourself tonight"
"Not on you watch Dwayne I wouldn't do that to you."

On another note-how disturbing were the little beauty queens? (made me cringe)

PlaTheGreat said:
Saw it again today. :dancing:

Just as funny, if not, more funny than the first time. :heart:

I saw it again on Friday (I missed the first 40 minutes because I snuck into a screening :shifty: ) and I completely agree. I found it more heartwarming too.

And if you guys haven't already, do check out the soundtrack. It's faaaaantastic :drool: (Except you, Pla. I know you hate DeVotchKa :angry: )

Back
Top Bottom