Little Drop of Poison

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anthony

Refugee
Hey everyone;

I recently saw Shrek 2 (very funny, Banderas and Saunders were a hoot, and Murphy's irritating Donkey was less important) and I thought the soundtrack was great. However, one particular song which stood out for me was 'Little Drop of Poison' by Tom Waits, which Captain Hook sings in that gothic tavern. I've checked the soundtrack out and it says that it was recorded in 1997. Now, I realise that I could buy the soundtrack, but I wanted to buy a Tom Waits album more... but the question is, where can I find 'Little Drop of Poison'?

I guess I'm asking if any of you Tom Waits fans out there can help! Thanks!

Ant.

P.S - Who else found that song utterly cool and, dare I say, sexy? I didn't know much about Tom Waits, but I think that I'm on my way to be a fan...

Little Drop Of Poison can also be found on the soundtrack of The End Of Violence. Yep, the same soundtrack that has the exclusive U2/Sin?ad O'Connor duet I'm Not Your Baby. So, it may be a good idea to buy that soundtrack instead (and if you're not convinced, then maybe Roy Orbison, Michael Stipe/Vic Chesnutt, Whiskeytown, Los Lobos, Ry Cooder, Howie B and DJ Shadow will, among others).

*doesn't have any Tom Waits albums though...*

C ya!

Marty

Is the LDOP in that soundtrack by Tom Waits?!

Roy Orbison did you say? Which song?!

Los Lobos?!

I'm there.

Cheers Marty.

Ant.

Yes, Little Drop Of Poison is the Tom Waits version. The Roy Orbison song is You May Feel Me Crying, which is a previously unreleased recording/mix by Brian Eno. Los Lobos performs Me Estas Mantado. BTW, Eels is on the soundtrack too.

:)

Marty

Popmartijn said:
Little Drop Of Poison can also be found on the soundtrack of The End Of Violence. Yep, the same soundtrack that has the exclusive U2/Sin?ad O'Connor duet I'm Not Your Baby. So, it may be a good idea to buy that soundtrack instead (and if you're not convinced, then maybe Roy Orbison, Michael Stipe/Vic Chesnutt, Whiskeytown, Los Lobos, Ry Cooder, Howie B and DJ Shadow will, among others).

*doesn't have any Tom Waits albums though...*

C ya!

Marty

One of the best soundtracks ever!!! A previously unreleased Roy Orbison track that just makes you want to weep, U2, a great duet with Michael and Vic, Los Lobos, WHISKEYTOWN, and great little excepts from the movie. I love it, I listened to it tonight while I was painting.

This thread also seduced me into listening to it again last night. :up:
The only track that I'm not fond of is the one by the Latin Playboys.

Shrek 2 was AWESOME! I loved the whole thing, including the soundtrack. Thank you Marty for being our replacement turtle textbook encyclopeadia on music :D

Banderas's best role to date.
:wink:

Hey Angie...

pray for mercy from... PUSS in BOOTS!

Hehe. Definately his best role ever. Jennifer Saunders was great, too, which is no little thing if you're an Ab Fab fan, like me.

Ant.

:lmao: Puss was the coolest! I was in hysterics when he first did the big black eyes :lol:
Agree totally on Jennifer Saunders too. I love AbFab!
:up:

Back
Top Bottom