Little Birdy...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Naya

Refugee
Little Birdy are a new Australian band from Perth. They are currently touring with REM around Australia and are very, very good. Lead singer Katy Steele has a wonderfully distinct voice making the band sound fresh and exciting. I really think this band is going to be special and could really take off in the Europe and maybe the US. Well worth a listen everyone...

http://littlebirdy.net/

Anyone heard of them?

Distinctive voice? Whiny as all shit. Sorry to disagree with you so much, but I've a particular peeve with Australian female singers who sound so fey and twee. I blame Angie Hart from Frente for starting it.

Have none of these girls heard PJ Harvey or Karen O? :mad: You can be female and expressive, you can be quiet and still be heard! UGH! :madspit:

DO NOT get me started on Missy Higgins! :scream:

Haha I liked Frente. A little, anyway.
I only really paid attention to Little Birdy when JJJ sent them to that year 12 formal and the show was played on air. Apart from JJJ, not even Australia is aware of them yet. Actually, no, I think Triple M is also getting onto them but they're are getting me worried with what they're playing currently. This whole 'we will play anything' caper can either dive or be a raging success, like JJJ in the old days. But I digress. This is about Little Birdy.

I maintain the only Australian who has authority to whine though, is whatshername from Killing Heidi. Ella [insert surname here]. She has permission.

Angela Harlem said:
Haha I liked Frente. A little, anyway.
I only really paid attention to Little Birdy when JJJ sent them to that year 12 formal and the show was played on air. Apart from JJJ, not even Australia is aware of them yet. Actually, no, I think Triple M is also getting onto them but they're are getting me worried with what they're playing currently. This whole 'we will play anything' caper can either dive or be a raging success, like JJJ in the old days. But I digress. This is about Little Birdy.

I maintain the only Australian who has authority to whine though, is whatshername from Killing Heidi. Ella [insert surname here]. She has permission.

Ella Hooper.

I like her, if only that she can belt out a few notes without always being whiny.

And for the fact she and her brother were weirdo goths from country Victoria.

:wink:

I like Little Birdy. I don't think seeing them in a big arena (as per REM support) or at a festival would do them any justice, but if you get the chance to see them in a small venue, you'll like them far more then you probably do based on what you've heard on the radio.

I like 'em too...a great Aussie band!

I dont think she has a bad voice at all...its very distinctive and VERY sexy! Im sure Bono would approve and would love to see them support U2 when they come down here.

If you are a U2 fan chances are, you'll like this band!

Back
Top Bottom