Listen To The New Ryan Adams Album Online Before It Is Released

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/adams_ryan/356913/album.jhtml

I've already had a copy of this album for awhile, and I just love it. Rolling Stone gave it 4 stars. Right now, my two favorite tracks are "Note To Self: Don't Die" and "Burning Photographs".

Full streams are also supposed to be posted on Ryan's web site on Halloween...along with other surprises, apparently. If you like what you hear, be sure to pick up the album on November 4th!

You can now listen to the album at Ryan's site. There are also three hidden tracks on the site:

http://www.ryan-adams.com/

Go to the "Music" section, and mouse over on the guitar. You will find links for three hidden songs:

"Don't Know Her Name"
"Halloween"
"Liar"

~LadyLemon~ said:
Just got my new SPIN in the mail--they have an article on him...

I just started a subscription, since I buy it every month anyway. I just got the November one...and I'm too impatient to wait for December's, so I went out and bought it. :laugh: :reject: I need two copies anyway though so that I can slice and dice them for my scrapbook (one of the pages has Ryan on both sides, so I need two of 'em!).

DiGi said:
i should really break down and buy all ryan adams CD's

You would not regret it. :up:

well, just bought it
and I like it a lot :up: :up:
(from track 1 right up to the bonus track)

the guy is such a talented songwriter
and one of the greatest singers around right now
he could make a bluegrass album that would still kick arse

Yay, Salome!!!! :applaud:

I can't wait to buy it...even though I've had a copy for awhile...but I want the "official" release with liner notes, ya know?

There are a couple songs from the "Love Is Hell" EP that I haven't heard yet either, so I'm very excited for that!

yes!

I didn't see that EP yet
I might have to order it from the internet :hmm:

love is hell was the album the record company didn't want him to release because it was too depressing, right? :applaud:

Salome said:

love is hell was the album the record company didn't want him to release because it was too depressing, right? :applaud:

Yes...so they selected some of the songs for his New York and New Orleans sessions to release on 2 EPs. I have heard all the tunes from the NY sessions, and it is such good stuff! Lost Highway is screwy for saying that the stuff is too depressing and experimental.

I'm worried about being able to find the EP in stores. I've asked some stores if they are expecting it, and they don't have it listed. :| If I can't find it, I will have to order it from online as well.

my feelings for Rock n roll are already changing from liking it a lot to loving it though

such a gifted person
it's unbelievable really

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The day has arrived!!!!!! :love:

I've heard half of Love Is Hell, but the second half was all new to me...though I've heard versions of "Wonderwall" before...but never a nice studio version! Woohay!

I also met a Ryan fan who was buying the album as well. :D We swapped email addresses to stay in touch, and I'm gonna hook him up with some bootlegs and stuff.

BC's Dad: I guess you aren't the only freak in town then.

:mad: :laugh:

Much more visceral than I was expecting... and holy shit it's goooood. Mmmm. Try to buy it at an independent store if you can. I don't think any major chains are, but three local store around here have the album for 12 bucks and the EP for 99 cents with purchase of LLOR DNA KCOR. It's so much fun to type it that way. Anyway, as I said, I was NOT expecting anything this good. Maybe better than Heartbreaker, definitely better than Demolition and most of Gold.

By the way, how does this tracklisting seem for an introduction to Ryan's music? I already know most of the people I work with aren't going to like Ryan to begin with, but I'm going to try and convert the few with open minds.

Note to Self: Don't Die
To Be Young (Is to be Sad, is to be High)
Shakedown on 9th Street
Gonna Make You Love Me
Oh My Sweet Carolina
New York, New York
Nuclear
This is It
Amy
When the Stars Go Blue
Love is Hell
Come Pick Me Up
Firecracker
Hallelujah
You Will Always be the Same
Harder Now that it's Over
Answering Bell
So Alive
Desire
Winding Wheel
Wonderwall

I was initially going to put Bartering Lines, but it wouldn't fit so I put Winding Wheel instead.

Looks pretty damn good to me. :up: Though I'd include "Sylvia Plath"...cuz I am SUCH a sucker for that song...a lot of fans hate it though. :huh: :mad:

I'm so happy that I met another Ryan fan yesterday...I burned a whole bunch of good Ryan stuff for him, and he's gonna stop by today to pick it up. I :heart: sharing Ryan, especially with those who I know will appreciate it!

I hope I'll be able to find that EP this weekend :hmm:

love Rock n Roll :up:

(Gold will prolly always remain my favourite though
that one is in my alltime top 10 :drool: )

If any Ryan fans want a good laugh...you MUST go to Ryan's site and check out the Movies section:

http://www.ryan-adams.com

"Ryan On Keyboard" is the funniest thing I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!! :lmao:

"Demo Tape" features Ryan's wicked fresh dancing abilities. :lmao: :lmao:

Oh...and I also have a hilarious MP3 of Ryan and Parker Posey playing "Seven Nation Army" on toy instruments...:lmao:...and the voice he uses to sing...:lmao: If anyone wants it, I can send it!

Back
Top Bottom