Lisa Marie Presley/Nicolas Cage-Splitsville Already

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
from the Entertainment Tonight website

Nicolas Cage and Lisa Marie Presley File for Divorce

Wedded bliss was not meant to be for Nicolas Cage and Lisa Marie Presley -- as ET has just learned that Nic filed for divorce yesterday, stating irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split.
Just over the weekend, Cage and Presley were out together at a screening for Cage's new film, 'Adaptation.' Adding to the surprise, it was only three months ago that the couple tied the knot in Hawaii in a super-secret ceremony, coincidentally on the eve of the 25th anniversary of the death of Presley's musical pop, Elvis.

Responding to the divorce filing, Lisa issued a statement to ET through her spokesperson saying, "I'm sad about this but we shouldn't have been married in the first place. It was a big mistake." In turn, Nic told ET through a spokesperson, "I did not talk about the marriage and I'm not going to talk about the divorce."

Cage and Presley met nearly two years before their wedding at a party; at the time Presley was engaged to musician John Oszajca. Cage was estranged from his wife, Patricia Arquette. By May 2001, the couple was a Hollywood staple, appearing at premieres, parties and charitable events holding hands. Then at a 2002 Super Bowl celebration in New Orleans, Presley was noticeably absent from Cage's side. Soon after, their respective spokespeople released a statement that the two had parted ways.

But by June they were "on" again, re-emerging as a couple at the Los Angeles premiere for Cage's movie 'Windtalkers.'

This was Presley's third marriage. Her first to Danny Keough lasted six years, and resulted in two children, Danielle and Benjamin. Less than a month after that split came her union with Michael Jackson -- that relationship completed its circle in about 20 months. As for Cage, he tied the knot with first wife Arquette in April of 1995. He filed for divorce in Feb. 2000, then reconciled with her. Arquette then filed papers in Nov. 2000.

Not really surprising. But her marriage to Michael Jackson lasted longer. Perhaps she should try not being married..:shrug:

Maybe most of these celebs should

Is Nicholas Cage a Scientologist? It is my recollection that Lisa Marie is a devote follower. If he refused to join, it probably led to the split. :confused:

Although I'm sure that Nic not being part of Scientology might have little or part of the whole reason behind the split - I'm sure that ego, much more than religion, probably paid most of the part in the split of these two personalities.

Rumor has it that after consummating the marriage Lisa Marie siad "thank you, thank you very much", and it sounded just like Elvis and in the moonlight she looked just like Elvis...and Nic got a bit freaked about his sexuality. This Elvis resemblence is also the reason the marriage to Michael Jackson lasted as long as it did:ohmy: .

why do celebrities even get hitched in the first placed? why are they so dumb?

:tsk: Celebs...... but I hope they are happy now!! I wuv Nic (my fav actor) but I was all :huh: when he marry Lisa Marie... I knew this wouldn't last! LOL

HelloAngel said:
Although I'm sure that Nic not being part of Scientology might have little or part of the whole reason behind the split - I'm sure that ego, much more than religion, probably paid most of the part in the split of these two personalities.

Really? I think it was just plain weirdness. :p (I think Nicholas Cage is a great actor, but he seems to be on the eccentric side...)

Elisabeth

AvsGirl41 said:

Really? I think it was just plain weirdness. :p (I think Nicholas Cage is a great actor, but he seems to be on the eccentric side...)

Elisabeth

Scientology is dangerous stuff and is driven by money. Hopefully Cage has divorced himself from that as well.

Back
Top Bottom