Lipstick Jungle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2isthebest

ONE love, blood, life
Did anyone else check out this show tonight? I'd been waiting for it ever since I first heard about it a year ago, and I'm not disappointed. It wasn't the best show I've ever seen, but it was good pilot. :up: It looks promising, and I'm definitely going to stick with it right now.

dmalezi said:
That scene in the bathroom when Kirby writes his phone number on Nico's inner thigh with a sharpie and then blows it dry was REALLY good. :ohmy: :combust: I think the characters will develop well. I'm sticking with it too!

Oh my lord, that was so hot.:drool: Where's the guy that would actually do that in real life?:grumpy: :lol:

dmalezi said:
That scene in the bathroom when Kirby writes his phone number on Nico's inner thigh with a sharpie and then blows it dry was REALLY good. :ohmy: :combust:

.......I'm not sure if I should find that hot. Inner thighs are always a good thing. It's just so over-the-top.

Crap I fell asleep and missed the show. Oh well I'll catch it somewhere. I wanted to see it, the trailers all look good and it looks better than the other show that looks so similar, Cashmere Mafia.

It's a good cast, I can't believe how old Andrew Mccarthy looked! I'll stick it out and watch!

It was OK, i guess. Good to see Andrew McCarthy. All in all, it wasn't as good as Sex and the City. But it's new, so i'll give it another shot.

ultravioletluvv said:
It was OK, i guess. Good to see Andrew McCarthy. All in all, it wasn't as good as Sex and the City. But it's new, so i'll give it another shot.

I agree, but I also think all the comparisons to "Sex and the City" (not that you were! I was thinking about stuff I saw in the media) are unfair. Just because both series came from Candace Bushnell's books doesn't mean they're the same thing. I see this show as dfferent from SATC in nearly every way except for the fact that it's about smart, career women in New York City. That concept was used before SATC, so I'm not surprised its being used after. I love SATC, but its easy to look back on the series as a whole and talk about how awesome it was. This show's had only one episode, and I think it's unfair for anyone to judge a show based solely on the pilot. I was only 10 when SATC premeired, so obviously I wasn't watching then, but like any show I'm sure a lot of people weren't blown away by it's pilot either. I'm definitely going to stick with it for now. Hopefully, NBC gives it a chance. Their ratings are in the toilet now, so it would be really foolish of them to cancel something that could potentially be a great series.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom