LINKIN PARK's BENNINGTON 'Insulted' By GRAMMY Nomination

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bunbury

Refugee
LINKIN PARK singer Chester Bennington has told Launch Radio Networks that he is "insulted" by the fact that the group's only Grammy nomination this year is in the category of "Best Rock Instrumental Performance" (for "Session", a track from their recent "Meteora" album) when last year they received no less than three nods ("Best New Artist", "Best Rock Album" for "Hybrid Theory", and "Best Hard Rock Performance" for "Crawling"). "I personally feel that this record is better than 'Hybrid Theory'," he said. "I think there are certain songs that definitely exceed the quality of even 'Crawling'. And to not even be nominated for a track that was an album track - I mean it was an instrumental, like an interlude ? personally, I'm kind of insulted. I think I'd rather be not nominated for anything than to be nominated for a track that's not even a band track. I definitely was thrown off a little bit, but who cares, really." (listen to Chester's quote in Real Audio format at http://bullseye.target.com/sou_000/...r_Bennington_Insulted_By_Grammy_Nomination.rm

Personally, the grammys suck and so do linkin park so they can both screw themselves :madspit:

stinkin park :yawn:

by the title, i thought Bennington was insulted that they WERE nominated, cuz he wanted to protect his indie cred. :rolleyes:

Insulted by a Grammy nomination? Oh...that's rich...

Yeah, the Grammy awards really don't mean much in the grand scheme and all, but, hell...if you're nominated...it's nice to win one. Don't be insulted that you're nominated.

I like some of Linkin Park's song, Bennington has a nice voice,-- when he isn't screaming.

They're big fans of U2. Not that that makes them any better or worse than what you think of them. I saw Bennington and LP's bassist talking about U2 on MTV--22 Greatest bands, spoke very highly of U2.

Bonochick said:
Insulted by a Grammy nomination? Oh...that's rich...

Yeah, the Grammy awards really don't mean much in the grand scheme and all, but, hell...if you're nominated...it's nice to win one. Don't be insulted that you're nominated.

:yes:

Exactly.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i could actually listen to a few of the songs of hybrid theory without my ears bleeding... can't say the same for this new album

I agree.

This is every Linkin Park song ever written:

Soft intro w/piano
Kick in with shitty power chords
Some fast talking (shitty rapping by a white skater punk)
Blonde guy screams
More fast talking (shitty rapping)
Blonde guy screams
Slows down, quiet, blonde guy sings
Blonde guy screams
Blonde guy screams
Blonde guy screams
Blonde guy screams
Slow piano intro again

:down:

yeah...this is why i hate this forum. dont worry i wont let the door hit me on the way out.

Back
Top Bottom