Like Dave Mathews Band?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cute Irish Bono

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
OK. I'm going to try this again... Let's just forget about the
other thread I posted.

Dave Matthews Band!! Are you a big fan of them? I personally don't really like Dave's voice but this band is very talented and has a very unique sound to me! I first thought the fiddle and saxophone {or some wind instrument} didn't go with a band I wanted to listen to, but gives a great sound for the band! I also noticed that Dave in his songs talks about graves, freaky, huh? {Gravedigger, Lie In Our Graves, plus more.} I think the basist is adorable! Please post pics of him. Some of my favorite songs by them are "Crash Into Me," {Stay} Wasting Time," "What Would You Say?" and "The Space Between." I saw them in concert once and it was a wonderful experience. My mom got me into them.
When they played "Crash Into Me," the croud was silent, because it's such a slow meaningful song! What do you think?

Here's a quote I love by them. In the song "The Space Between," The tears we cry, it's the laughter the keeps us coming back for more. I love that!

From what I have heard of these guys, I have quite liked it. I know that they are absolutely huge in America, but for some reason they have neve really taken off in Australia. If they had a greatest hits I might buy it as a way to get introduced to them, like I said I have liked the few songs of theirs that I have heard over the years, although I wouldnt have a clue what any of them were:)

Huge in America??
4 years ago...

anyway, i did like them. i still enjoy 'under the table and dreaming' on occasion. 'everday' killed things for me, and most of the stuff i actually did like from 'busted stuff' i prefered in its previously unreleased ("lillywhite sessions") form. now i have a hard time really getting into the music without wanting to trash some hippies. i feel the same way about phish, incidentally enough, only i never bought any of their albums.

I liked his first three albums... the fourth album was mediocre/ alright and Everday was pretty bad and I'm not a Glen Ballard hater. It was just a bad album/ boring.

Busted Stuff was good and havent' listened to the Lillywhite Sessions to compare but his sound is getting played out IMO. He probably had the right idea with Ballard but it obviously didnt work out.

i really like them. i will be getting tickets to their toronto show any minute now. (waiting for them to go on sale in about 20 minutues).

i prefer their older stuff too but i still think they are great. definately a great live band.

and the lilleywhite sessions are much better than busted stuff IMHO. plus lilleywhite has JTR which is one of my fav dmb songs on it.

:D

I don't mind them. I haven't heard tons of stuff by them, but I do like what I have heard. "Crush" is a beautiful song. I adore that song so much...the music in it is awesome, particularly the fiddle. That's my favorite one out of all the songs I have heard by them (which are mainly the big hits).

And I liked that "Gravedigger" song, too, creepy though it was (seriously, every time I see that video, I get chills, particularly at the part with the little kid). The lyrics are very interesting...very different way of approaching the subject.

You would've fit in quite well in my old town-practically all the kids there adored the Dave Matthews Band. :).

Angela

I would love to see them live but they are hardly know in the UK so doubt they will be over here any time soon.

Yeah, Moonlight_Angel I like Gravedigger, it is a creepy song! You're cool and sweet, Moonlight_Angel!

I quite like them. I'd never heard of them until a friend sent me one of their CDs for a birthday present. They're not really big here in the UK either.

Moonlit_Angel said:
I don't mind them. I haven't heard tons of stuff by them, but I do like what I have heard. "Crush" is a beautiful song. I adore that song so much...the music in it is awesome, particularly the fiddle. That's my favorite one out of all the songs I have heard by them (which are mainly the big hits).

Angela

I should make you a mix cd or two.

IWasBored said:
now i have a hard time really getting into the music without wanting to trash some hippies.

I always thought of Dave Mathews Band as frat boy music not hippie music.

I don't care much for his voice either but they are very talented musicians.

Calluna said:

I always thought of Dave Mathews Band as frat boy music not hippie music.

The music is a lot more than that. The recent solo record, Some Devil is amazing. I bet a lot of people who think they hate DMB would like this record (except for the first single, "Gravedigger," which unfortunately is the worst song on the record, imo, and is representative of exactly the kinds of songs that make a lot of people dislike DMB). I'm looking forward to seeing them again this summer, thanks to the kind front desk people at the hotel in Seattle who let me use their computer when tickets went on sale. :)

i have yet to get tickets...there are two shows in my area. I must get on the ball. My fan club money going to waste...lovely

MA - my email address is digi@15five.com - send me your address and I'll make a mix for you. I have a few others to finish, but I'll do it soon.

Cute Irish Bono said:
When they played "Crash Into Me," the croud was silent, because it's such a slow meaningful song! What do you think?

Heh, while I really like Crash Into Me, the subject matter is pretty creepy - he's basically singing as a perverse peeping tom. But the music's great! :D

I enjoy DMB ... At least he is contributing something original to music and not putting our meaningless drivel *coughBritneySpearscough*

I respect him as a guitarist, but I don't really like his music. I can't really explain it

Back
Top Bottom