Life or Death for Scott Peterson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What should happen to Scott Peterson?

• Life behind bars?

Votes: 28 65.1%
  • Death?

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • 20 years w/ parole?

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • none of the above?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Life behind bars. Sure, a lot of people think he's guilty, myself included, and as of now the evidence is pretty much leaning towards that theory.

But at the same time, none of us were in that courtroom, we were only going by what we heard in the media, and seeing how big a circus this whole trial became, we don't know who told the truth and who lied from either side. It's highly unlikely, but if it turns out Scott was innocent, and we didn't find this out until after he was put to death...kinda sucks, doesn't it? At least if he had life behind bars, if he were later found innocent, he could then go free.

Angela

The jury says death.

So now he can wait around with the 640+ inmates sitting on California's death row with no execution dates in sight. Chances are he won't be exectuted for decades, if at all :|

Bono's American Wife said:
The jury says death.

So now he can wait around with the 640+ inmates sitting on California's death row with no execution dates in sight. Chances are he won't be exectuted for decades, if at all :|

I was just saying that to my co-worker just now. :|

And so another courtroom media circus comes to an end....

I say life behind bars with limited priviledges. To tell you the truth, that scares me more than death ever could. Give him the worst. I know that's not very Christian of me, but I cannot deny my feeling on this issue.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Death. Why should the taxpayers pay for him while he sits in jail for the rest of his life? He is a sociopath and feels no remorse for what he's done whatsoever, so to punish him by keeping him behind bars won't really accomplish much.

Why should taxpayers pay even more for him while he sits in jail waiting for his execution?

Anyway, since I'm against the death penalty, I voted for life behind bars. I have to admit though that I don't know that much about the case (not living in the USA), but the limited details I did read tell of a horrible murder.

C ya!

Marty

UnforgettableLemon said:
We need self-sustaining penal colonies again

Maybe they should send him to Australia. :wink:

I've voted life behind bars, because he's the murderer not me.

I would have said life but since the jury gave him death it will still be decades before anything is done! Well at least the circus has ended.

I think, for somebody who seems as in love with himself as Scott Peterson does, it's a much worse punishment to have to sit in prison and be denied all the things he enjoyed in his life outside.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Death. Why should the taxpayers pay for him while he sits in jail for the rest of his life? He is a sociopath and feels no remorse for what he's done whatsoever, so to punish him by keeping him behind bars won't really accomplish much.

Exactly. He's a smug bastard. You people who say 'he'll have lots of time to think about what he's done' don't get it, HE DOESN'T CARE, he doesn't have a conscience, if he did he wouldn't have done it. Because you are nice and you'd feel bad you think he will, but he's not that way. He's a cold blooded heartless killer.

Like I posted in FYM, I have a friend whose husband has threatened to kill her many times, and when she tells him he'll get caught and go to jail, he goes 'good! Then I won't have to go to work anymore, won't have to pay bills, just lay there all day and read and get free food and be free of YOU!' That's the atttitude fuckers like him have!

He doesn't deserve all those years if he took them from her and Conner! :down: Killing your pregnant wife on Christmas Eve, it doesn't get much colder or lower. He deserves NO sympathy or mercy from anyone.

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

Exactly. He's a smug bastard. You people who say 'he'll have lots of time to think about what he's done' don't get it, HE DOESN'T CARE, he doesn't have a conscience, if he did he wouldn't have done it. Because you are nice and you'd feel bad you think he will, but he's not that way. He's a cold blooded heartless killer.

Like I posted in FYM, I have a friend whose husband has threatened to kill her many times, and when she tells him he'll get caught and go to jail, he goes 'good! Then I won't have to go to work anymore, won't have to pay bills, just lay there all day and read and get free food and be free of YOU!' That's the atttitude fuckers like him have!

He doesn't deserve all those years if he took them from her and Conner! :down: Killing your pregnant wife on Christmas Eve, it doesn't get much colder or lower. He deserves NO sympathy or mercy from anyone.

You are absolutely right that no amount of time in prison will make him sorry for what he did to Laci and Conner...he probably blames them for putting him where he is right now.

The fact is, he has been sentenced to death but in California it will take 20 years or so for it to happen so I wish him the absolute most miserable 20 years possible. He may not be sorry for what he did to his wife and baby but he sure will feel sorry for himself for the rest of his miserable life.

I don't think he would live if he ever got out on some kind of appeal. He may not even live very long in prison. But he's crafty.
I couldn't kill him myself even though he's a deplorable human being. What else can I say?

I'm against the death penalty period, so I voted for life, but honestly I don't know if I'd protest 20 years w/ parole. The guy is not a psychopath. He's not a Ted Bundy or a Son of Sam. I'm no profiler; Peterson is one sick, selfish mofo, but I don't see him as an imminent threat to society. And if he does ever get out, we can rest assured the media will make his life a living hell. That suits me just fine.

And what Mr. BAW said, even if he doesn't feel sorry in prison, he'll get a taste of his own medicine :macdevil:

stand him up at the top of the world's tallest flight of stairs and give him a shotgun to the ass.

cover him in honey and bury him in a hill of killer ants.

string him up by his eyelids and kick him in the balls until he blinks.

either way, kill the motherfucker. :mad:

U2Kitten said:

:up: A proven double murderer, how many people should we let this guy kill in prison? The punishment must fit the crime, and justice must be served. Nobody's taxes should have to go for feeding him.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
The guy is not a psychopath. He's not a Ted Bundy or a Son of Sam. I'm no profiler; Peterson is one sick, selfish mofo, but I don't see him as an imminent threat to society. And if he does ever get out, we can rest assured the media will make his life a living hell. That suits me just fine.

Good points.

Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
And what Mr. BAW said, even if he doesn't feel sorry in prison, he'll get a taste of his own medicine :macdevil:

Exactly. If the other prisoners want to have their fun with him while he's in jail, I can't say I'd lose much sleep over that.

I must also give a :up: to this post:

Originally posted by DrTeeth
I've voted life behind bars, because he's the murderer not me.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom