Libertines Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HolyMeximofoJoe

The Fly
So what do you all think of the Libertines?

One of my top 5 bands and think "Up the Bracket" is one of the finest CD's ever. Used to be my favorite band for a while.
IMO they had great lyrics great melodies and very catchy guitar playing.

Tell the King, Time for Heroes, Death on the Stairs, Don't Look Back into the Sun and many more were all :drool:

Don't Be Shy
:up:

I really like the 2 Libertine albums, well crafted songs with raw energy and thoughtful lyrics, especially Up The Bracket.

For those who have heard either Babyshambles or Dirty Pretty Things...what's your opinion on them?
I haven't heard either but have been curious for sometime:hmm:

Good band :up: I only own the self-titled album but it sure makes for a good listen, What became of the likely lads :up:

Yeah, great band. It's just a shame that Pete's throwing his talent and life away on drugs. Isn't he turning 27 soon, and thus likely joining the young dead rock star club?

Generally dislike them and i think babyshambles are awful. However Music When The Lights Go Out and France are great songs.

elevation2u said:
Don't Be Shy
:up:

I really like the 2 Libertine albums, well crafted songs with raw energy and thoughtful lyrics, especially Up The Bracket.

For those who have heard either Babyshambles or Dirty Pretty Things...what's your opinion on them?
I haven't heard either but have been curious for sometime:hmm:

Ehh i've heard both of their albums and I can't say I'm impressed. Just don't bring that feeling or energy that together Pete and Carl had. Through all their songs I'm just waiting for the other half of the former duo to come in and sing the next part...

Haven't heard the albums for a while but I remember enjoying Fuck Forever, Albion (single version/harmonica version:drool:), and Killamangiro from Babyshambles, and Bang Bang You're Dead and Doctor's and Dealers by DPT... But none of this imo is near the Libertines best material.

Back
Top Bottom