Let's talk t-shirts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
So basically, I decided that if I could only wear one article of clothigng for the rest of my life, it would be tshirts. Face the facts, I love 'em.

Unfortunately I'm also extraordinarily picky when it comes to good tshirts. Where you YOU buy them? What do you like them to say? Band shirts?

I've wanted a tshirt for years that said "Stella was a diver and she was always down..." :)

I like t-shirts from the Banana Republic. The seem to fit very nicely.

Personally, I don't like to have much, if anything, on mine.

I do have one that says "Why are you reading my t-shirt? Get away!"

I am addicted to t-shirts, the weirder the better. I am one of Hot Topic's most frequent customers, I think. Put a long-sleeved t-shirt underneath and you can wear them year round!

I'm actually a little miffed because I stopped wearing many of them to work, and suddenly it's "how nice" I look. :|

If your into REALLY funny attention-grabbing t-shirts, this is a really cool place. They run great sales as they change their name about every six months, and so you can usually get your favorite shirt for $10.00. http://www.shopodd.com/

There's also some awesome music t-shirts (including a VERY cool Bono one) here. I posted the link in EYKIW too. They are pricey, but very cool. They have movies too--my sister is the proud owner of their hot pink Tarantino shirt. http://www.djtees.com/tshop/store/dynamicIndex.asp

Last edited:
i have about 25 beer related shirts because i work for a beer distributor. i also have a lot of beer polos but that's another post. i love tshirts and get the wackier (to a point) the better.

I mostly just wear t-shirts for sleeping and knocking around the house...rarely do I wear one out anywhere.

I pretty much live in t-shirts (self employed artist, doesn't really matter what I wear, and they are cheap). I tend to go for all cotton short sleeve shirts, various colors, no logos (I dislike logos on shirts intensly) or sayings, and I wear them until the fall apart (well, at home...I keep better ones for going to the store, etc.). I do buy band shirts (only of The Church), but I never wear them.

my current favorite T-shirt I got from Urban Outfitters.

It reads I Love Jesus, but Jesus is crossed out with what looks like a black marker and it has a "correction" arrow pointing to "Minnesota" written above it. :D

ylimeU2 said:
I like t-shirts from the Banana Republic. The seem to fit very nicely.

Good choice...I read today that Banana Republic's tees were rated to be one of the best in regards to fit and durability. :up: I also work for the company so I am a just a little biased. I wore a Banana tee today in fact!

On a personal note...t-shirts are one of my staples. I like plain basic tees but I also love graphic tees.

I love t-shirts with writing on them.

I've got a lot from FCUK - Cool as FCUK, FCUK England - 2 a t-shirt and jacket with that on it, Too busy to FCUK etc

Aeropostale - Speedy the Turtle, Lucy's school of hula dancing, free lei and grass skirt with each lesson

Urban outfitters - they have the best shirts :D I've got tons of those :)

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
I've wanted a tshirt for years that said "Stella was a diver and she was always down..." :)

That is the best idea for a shirt that I've possibly ever heard :up:

"She went down down down there into the sea"

Mullen-Girl said:
FCUK England

I have a great one that says "FCUK 4 England." :mac: It's a little big so I don't wear it a lot out of the house.

Most T's I have are tight-fitting (besides my U2 ones). Today I'm wearing one that repeats "I have nothing to wear" about 10 times. Besides my fcuk and band ones, my tshirts are usually plain vnecks, comfy and snug. It's nice to be able to wear them at my office, but I usually wear Ts when I just want to be comfy.

oo how could i forgot my new favourite "Vegas is for lovas" Old Navy T. :wink: I got my friend a funny T last year that says "I put ketchup on my ketchup" cuz she does :crack:

Last edited:
I love t-shirts! I don't wear them often to work though. I collect U2 shirts and like garden designs. I tend to avoid ones with sayings. I also like t-shirts of destinations and will buy them when traveling for the kids or myself.

I almost started a thread to ask this question: Is Bono smoking in the photo on this t-shirt?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2356&item=3832338323&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

The photo is also on the gray Elevation tour shirt and he has something up to his mouth.

I wanted to buy this one in a size small for my 4 year old, but I think Bono is smoking and didn't think that was appropriate on a child's shirt.

I tried to search for a bigger photo of it - but wasn't successful. I googled "U2 ATYCLB " images and did find a wonderful photo on Olive's site that I downloaded. :)

This is it:
t_bono_atyclb.jpg

souLnation2002 said:
I don't think he's smoking. It looks like a live photo. Mebbies he's playing the harmoinca? :shrug:

The photo is from in the booklet that came with ATYCLB. Looking at the blown up booklet from the album, I think I've finally got it. The Edge has a toothpick in his mouth. I think Bono does too and he's moving so there's an illusion that something larger is there. Or is it a lighting thing? I dunno. Oh well, I missed the auction already.

I wear really plain t-shirts. I do like colours though. I have some band t-shirts - Oasis, Travis & U2. I only bought the U2 ones an old boyfriend bought me the Oasis & Travis tees. I also have a few Pucca t-shirts that my friend got me for Christmas/ my birthdays.

At the moment it has been quite warm here and I have been wearing a lot of camisoles. T-shirts aren't really a big business here, we don't have any shops that sell anything different or outrageous. My favourite place to buy tees is Topshop (www.topshop.co.uk) because I get a discount there. :up:

The least plain one I have is a pink floral one ( here ) that I wear out to the cinema/ bar or with cropped jeans if I'm going shopping. I also have it in pink ( here ) I don't really like graphics but I do like stripes and pastel colours. This is one of my favourite tops that I have (without the bow) --> here We can't wear t-shirts with logos on them at work unless they are from our store so I have lots of plain vest tops and v-neck t-shirts that are black, white, red & grey.

I am obsessed with shoes though
:drool:
I have an extensive shoe collection. I have found a new brand called Irregular choice and I seen a really cute pair of kitten heels yesterday that I want to buy. If they sold t-shirts as nice as their shoes I would buy them. :heart:

Last edited:
I have a few t-shirts, mostly they are music related ones and I like the fact that at concerts now you can get female ones that are tighter fitting and not that big, right now I am wearing the one that I got at the Michael Franti concert last year, it says on the back "you can bomb the world to pieces, but you cant bomb it into peace!" usualy I wear this one to bed or out walking.....personally I find 'Bonds' t-shirts are the best- good colours, good fit and great price:wink:

I have tons of them, mostly because I work in a lab where you don't bother getting dressed up, and also because the 37C incubators keep our rooms pretty warm all year long.

I have music ones, plain Gap ones in different colours, some American Eagle ones I got for like 5 bucks each, Nike, Banana Republic, Adidas, all sorts.

My favourite is a Nike one that has an abstract pink heart on it and says "heart of a winner". It's cute. It's my power shirt. :wink:

I only wear black tshirts with either bands or sayings on them. I don't have a favorite at the moment, but the one I really really want is the "Bono is God" tshirt on ebay. :drool: :drool: :drool:

t-shirts are the most comfortable pieces of clothing. that's all i care about. there is nothing cooler than a run down t-shirt, a pair of jeans, my green converse all-stars (either those or one of my 10 pairs of flip flops) and one of my many, many purses/bags hanging on my shoulder. i am the ultimate of cool, especially when i wear my thick glasses

i pretty much only wear t-shirts. short sleeved or long sleeved. i got sick of trying to find cool t-shirts, so i am now an iron on lover. there's nothing more fun than trying to confuse people with what they're reading across your back... "toni, i don't get it." --> "that's okay"

besides my iron ons, i have mostly rock t-shirts. (the strokes, the white stripes, ryan adams, metallica, beck, sting & annie lennox, david gray, wilco) either my rock t-shirts or like ones from school... plays, marching band, sports.
i love t-shirts.

the one in this picture:
andyytoni.jpg

i made... it says soy numero cuatro y media. (it's a little joke between andy, the kid in the picture, and me...) BUT THE BACK OF THE SHIRT is awesome. it has a picture of bono and it says: bono es jesus. soy un creyente (i think...) best. shirt. ever.

peace, love & bad lemon,
toni

Last edited:
I wear t-shirts year round, even in the winter. Mostly due to the fact that in the winter the school gets so hot long sleeves can be unbearable. I do have some vests, fleeces, and hoodies I'll wear over them though.

Gotta love layering.

Back
Top Bottom