let's talk about the DC Universe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
Screw Marvel. :madspit: :p :wink:

But yeah. I'll put up my hand and say I'm not a full-on DCU geek because I only ever read TPBs and I'm a few years late at that; I can't afford to buy them so I wait till the library gets 'em.

Which means I'll be talking about Infinite Crisis in 2007/2008. :( I'm just about done with 'Hush', whih was 2003.

Favourite character? Nightwing, I guess. Cool name, not-bad-costume, and for some reason I like him better than Batman.

There aren't too many comic book fans here save for myself and Jack in the Box.

You're right about the price of books, comics are very expensive and they aren't for kids. Some are, but most aren't even Superman and Batman aren't for kids. Storylines dealing with rape, murders, etc have certainly added an edge to the stories.

TPB's are a good way to read the stories, I just returned to collecting after an 8 year hiatus. Just in time for the housecleaning of Infinite Crisis. I was your age during the first Crisis series.

I don't like much Marvel either except for the odd title. Supreme Power is a great series, go get the TPB. It's well written and has excellent art.

Favorite character: Batman

:nerd: , get over it people. :wink:

I've read quite a bit of the Golden Age/Silver Age stuff, so I have a bit of a marker for the for kids/not for kids distinction. 'Arkham Asylum' had great art (I'm a sucker for the painted titles) and a very disturbing storyline.

My favourite villain though, has to be the Cavalier. The idea was so lame that I thought it fantastic.

I love superheroes. I'm a huge fan of Dick Grayson, but I'm not sure if I like him or Batman more. I read comics at the library too because they're way too expensive. I've always liked Batman, but I've recently just started getting into Superman and the rest of the Justice League. I'm a Marvel fan too. I can't wait until X3. Speaking of X-Men, I'm going to go play Legends 2!!!

I must admit, I stick mostly to Marvel and Kitchen Sink comics, the occassional Dark Horse finding it's way into my collection.

As far as DCU I loved the Batgirl series for awhile, but that only lasted for about 20 issues.

Nightwing is definitely at least as cool as Batman, and highly under-rated. Although that may be one of the reasons he has maintained his cool.

I think the only DC I read much of in the past year or two was Identity Crisis :up: :up: and Legends of the Dark Knight. (Usually a guaranteed good read; though there are exceptions.)

I've been meaning to check out what's been happening in Green lantern, though. I hear that's been worth reading.

My main collection consists of Marvel titles; X-men and Fantastic Four realated. I like the Avengers as well (Hawkeye rocks :rockon: ) but Marvel tends to go in hot and cold streaks; I either love what they're doing within a series or I absolutely hate it. At least DC tends to remain at a moderate level of enjoyment for me, no matter what. :wink:

Yes, I am a full-on comic book geek, and proud of it! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom