Let's Play A Game: Name as many One-Hit Wonders as you can ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
4 Non Blondes-What's Up(hate that song)
Stealer's Wheel-Stuck In The Middle
Gary Numan-Cars
Bow Wow Wow-I Want Candy
Right Said Fred-I'm Too Sexy
Rednex-Cotton Eye Joe
Lou Bega-Mambo No.5

one4u2 said:
Lest not forget Taylor Dane-

Prove your love

Do you remember the others she did?

Tell It To My Heart (covered by N-Trance's Kelly Lorena a couple of years back).
Shelter.
Love Will Bring You Back.

Can't remember any other hits she had...

daygloeyes2 said:

Gary Numan-Cars

Right Said Fred-I'm Too Sexy

They had a few more hits each here in the UK - the international chart differences (not to mention my failing memory) make it harder to qualify real 'one hit wonders'.

sallycinnamon78 said:

They had a few more hits each here in the UK - the international chart differences (not to mention my failing memory) make it harder to qualify real 'one hit wonders'.

Like a swan...:lol:

glenn said:
I can't believe no one has said Can't touch this yet. :lol: :laugh:

:lol: Sadly MC Hammer wasn't a one-hit-wonder: I remember 'Too Legit To Quit' doing well, Stateside, in 1991/92. :ohmy:

Last edited:
sallycinnamon78 said:
I remember desperately trying to make sense of the lyrics to that when I was a kid and coming up with something even sillier than the original lyrics. For years I was sure it was "you're too shy-de-shy, hush hush hidey pie".:huh:

LOL. I have memories of my sister and me singing along to that song at the top of our lungs when we were kids. And we made up actions for the chorus, too. Good times :).

I remember 'Too Legit To Quit' doing well, Stateside, in 1991/92. :ohmy:

They've played the video for that song on VH1 Classic from time to time. And one day, when it was playing, I discovered something about that song.

"Too Legit 2 Quit" is...a very, very long song. Yes :|.

Angela

jick said:
It's a simple game. Just list some one-hit wonders you remember. Of course, no duplication, once it has been listed then that's it and try to find others that haven't been listed. I just want a comprehensive list of one-hit wonders. After all, since they only had 15 minutes of fame - I would have probably forgetten them by now and will only remember them after I read your lists. This may also drive some of you down memory lane. Here's mine....

Modern English - I Melt With You
Love Spit Love - Am I Wrong?
Toad The Wet Sprocket - All I Want
The Outfield - Your Love
Radiohead - Creep
Deep Blue Something - Breakfast At Tiffany's
The Church - Unguarded Moment
Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl
The Monkees - Daydream Believer
Saigon Kick - I Love You
Collective Soul - Shine
Candlebox - Far Behind
Stone Temple Pilots - Plush
New Radicals - You Get What You Give
Debbie Gibson - Electric Youth

I don't think there is really any hard-and-fast rule on how to categorize one hit wonders. Perhaps based on perception and feel. But the main criteria should be that it is not a recent artist, because they are still enjoying their 15 minutes now and it can last longer. So it wouldn't be fair just yet to put Avril's Complicated or Carlton's A Thousand Miles in the list until we see where their careers really end up.

That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure there's more and I'll add more as soon as I can think of them. Please help populate this list....

Cheers,

ya, theres alot on this list who have had more than one hit.

J

Back
Top Bottom