Let's lose some weight!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Me too! In fact, last night I went out for chinese buffet with Lucky Charms (formerly Guaca) and had:

2 helpings of noodles
2 helpings of potatoes (they do reaaaaaaly good ones!)
Rice
2 bbq ribs
4 breaded shrimp
teriyaki Chicken
pepper beef
various veggies
2 dumplings (pork I think)
2 pieces of coconut cream pie
2 nanaimo bars
2 chocolate covered strawberries
2 watermelon slices
2 pineapple slices

(did I mention I eat things in even numbers :huh: )

It's no wonder I never lose weight!!!!! I went home and cycled on the recumbent bike for an hour, hopefully that put a small dent in it...
:sigh:

Yesterday I had:

1) Lunch: A double sonic cheeseburger with large fries, and a large Dr. Pepper (Bad)

2) Dinner: Three small pieces of chicken, more mashed potatoes than I needed, green salad (lots), and green beans. I drank water.

3) Late night snack-fest: One taco supreme, one bean burrito, and one fiesta burrito from Taco Hell.

Additional stuff: 2 scotch and waters with friends, 2 rum and cokes with my parents.

TODAY I've had:

1) Lunch: Foot-long submarine sandwich with all that crap (meats, cheese, lettuce, onion, tomato, and mayo). a small bag of chips, and two glasses of Pepsi.

2) A 20oz bottle of Mountain Dew.

3) Dinner will probably be heavier than normal since I'm joining my parents and family friends at a catfish restuarant where they basically serve you all the cole slaw, pinto beans and fish you'd ever want to eat.

I'll have't to do twice my normal exercises after today.

But I went for a hike this afternoon (roughly 2 1/2 miles) and got some sun. Tonight I will crunch away my fat and laziness.

Hoo-Ahhh!

LOW CARB PPL! ---

I was wondering for all of you low-carb ppl what you do to limit your carb intake.. I am a vegetarian, and though it keeps the weight off for the most part, it's hard to limit my carbs. Can any of you give me advice? If I could just lose 5-7 lbs, I'd be so happy.

Thanks!

I don't believe in abusing my body by way of eliminating carbs. I DO believe in exercising everyday and limiting the portions of favorite foods. Tonight for example, I just went to dinner at that catfish place. I ended up taking 3/4 of my order home in a doggybag, because I simply didn't feel like eating it. In the past I would have forced myself to eat every bit for fear of wasting food and being one of those people that appears cheap because they take it home. I don't care about my image as much in that respect, so in affect, I didn't consume 200 to 400 calories by guilt.

I drink less alcohol as well...this was a huge contributor to my weight explosion, so it's helps to limit my consumption. What's funny is that while writing this I've drunk 2 rum and cokes and feel like another. Of course I'll kill myself with the exercising tonight and tomorrow, but life's about living and living is about having fun. Pain will come later...now it's time to party!!!!!!!1

Low carb is all very well for awhile, I have tried it, but honestly, I just can't stick to it long term, and there are actually GOOD carbs that you can and should be able to eat without guilt, especially as a vegetarian! I can't understand how vegetarians do low carb. I just couldn't, especially as I am allergic to peanuts so I would lose one of the only protein sources you get!

I also can't imagine how I could do an hour of cycling with no carbs in my system. I'd pass out. My main problem is that I am really good for awhile and then I go on these monstrous binges, where I eat too much of EVERYTHING, carbs and otherwise. I also think that my metabolsim is slowing down with age (this does happen every 10 years unfortunately)...but I sure hope that the exercising will do something to reverse that.

I just don't understand why I was 10lbs lighter in February, and nothing I do seems to get rid of it! :scream:

Last edited:
The GI diet is a better option for vegetarians. IT works on the basis of eliminating sugar and certain carbs.

For instance, for lunch today I had 2 slices of ham with one slice of wholegrain bread, and lettuce and tomato. Then I had some grapes and a fat free, sugar free yoghurt.

For breakfast I will have porridge made with jumbo oats :drool:

:up: GI Diet :up:

It's amazing how much sugar manufacturers add to low fat food :no:

I am really hating the fact that I am sick right now, because it has forced me out of the gym for 3 days. :mad:

One thing that really annoys me when I start to do some serious running *well more like on the eliptical machine now* is that my feet take a beating. :barf:

I feel the need to get a pedicure very soon.

Anyway, it is always rewarding to wear clothing you haven't worn in over a year and it fit very well and not snug. It is always rewarding to hear your friends tell you "wow you have lost weight!" "you look great!" :yes:

That is great motivation, as well as the fact it is getting very hot down here and I will be forced to wear tanks and shorts as much as possible. I do not want nasty flab anywhere.

HelloAngel said:
LOW CARB PPL! ---

I was wondering for all of you low-carb ppl what you do to limit your carb intake.. I am a vegetarian, and though it keeps the weight off for the most part, it's hard to limit my carbs. Can any of you give me advice? If I could just lose 5-7 lbs, I'd be so happy.

Thanks!

Here's a website that may be of interest to you!

http://www.immuneweb.org/lowcarb/

:)

Lo-carbo, and equipment?

The other thing people need to be REALLY careful of with the low-carbohydrates, high protein thing -- it can give you kidney problems from HELL, more often for women than for men.

My mom and brother have lost a bunch of weight on the South Beach principle diet thing - the first two weeks are hell but after that it is much more reasonable about balancing carbohydrate intake.

For me it's a little more difficult to diet as I have two things working against me - one is a shot-to-hell thyroid which is what got me all this extra weight in the first place :mad: :mad: :mad:
(treating it now, yay synthroid)
and the other is an autoimmune disease of the digestive system called celiac sprue - I can't consume anything with gluten in it, which means anything made from wheat and related grains, rye, barley, or oats. Ironically it's one of the things that makes me "certifiably Irish" as it affects one of every 300 people from (or descended from natives of) the south of Ireland.
So it's Rice and potatoes for me, and that's about it.

I love my NordicTrak. I've beaten the holy hell out of the thing over the years and it's only now needing new parts. Has anyone got a favorite piece of equipment, or one they got the best 'results' from?

Danospano said:

Lunch: Foot-long submarine sandwich with all that crap (meats, cheese, lettuce, onion, tomato, and mayo). a small bag of chips, and two glasses of Pepsi.

I was reading in a magazine last week that a foot long sub with cheese, mayo, meats etc had over 1000 calories in it, thats half your daily intake for a female!! :ohmy:

Now I will not go near a place selling foot long subs, I usually just eat fruit or a bigtuna (no mayo) sandwich and lettuce.

:huh: i am off track this week. I have been overly exhausted that I have had no energy with exceptions of Monday to work out. I do have pilates in the morning and I will make it to that. I blame the hard work week and hot weather for making me tired. :yawn:

I've started eatting almost every meal at home. This hasn't really helped in the weight department, but it has reduced the amount I eat and the money I spend on eatting.

I, too, have gone off track as of recently, but I feel I'm still moving in the right direction.

Let's keep it going!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I haven't had a footlong sub since I wrote that journal entry.

4 miles!?!?! Great. I'll try to do that tomorrow

God, my stomach is getting bigger with every passing moment. URgh! A few crunches too!

Bono's American Wife said:
I'm in...I started low carb (again) on April 4th and as of today, I've lost 11 pounds. I have 23 pounds to go to reach my goal, which will remain a secret until I get there!

I have lost 6 more pounds since I posted here a month ago for a total of 17 pounds...I'm only 11 pounds away from my new goal weight of 135! I was originally targeting 130 but I'm at a size 8 right now (down from a 14) and don't want to get much smaller than that. That's not something I ever thought I would be saying! :wink:

Bono's American Wife said:

I have lost 6 more pounds since I posted here a month ago for a total of 17 pounds...I'm only 11 pounds away from my new goal weight of 135! I was originally targeting 130 but I'm at a size 8 right now (down from a 14) and don't want to get much smaller than that. That's not something I ever thought I would be saying! :wink:

Thats really good! :applaud:

Everyone losing so much weight is making me feel guilty, with my exams my eating habits have been atrocious, I don't eat for long periods of time because I'm too busy then when I eat I am eating junk, have been trying to eat lots of fruit this week, have started doing sit ups (started on 15 a day increase it by 1 or 2 every day or two) and have my pedometer to record the number of steps I do, I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 3/4lbs. When my exams are over next week I can really start eating/ excercising properly again :up:

I don't weigh myself cos it's depressing, but for the past 3 weeks I have excercised 6 days a week (alternating swimming for an hour one day, and 40 minutes step aerobics the next)

Like i say I don't know if I've lost any weight but I reckon my stomach is a bit less flabby and my legs are looking a little more toned :up:

The Cher Fitness step aerobics video is my friend :yes: :lol:

Last edited:
I'm 1 1/2 pounds away from reaching my original goal I set for myself in January. I had a two month break from the low carb stuff and thankfully didn't gain anything back. I'm not sure what to do for my next goal. I wanted to get to a certain weight, not lose a certain # of pounds. I don't know if I should do that again for my next goal or do pounds this time. I still have a looooooong way to go for my final goal, which is why I'm breaking it down.

I will say that I am enjoying this whole weight lose thing a lot more than I thought I would. All the hard work is paying off. Shopping for clothes has been so much fun when I realize the size I think I am is too big on me now :drool:

Well I had my pilates class yesterday morning, and needless to say my ass was kicked. at least my friends and family are noticing a change in my body. :D

I also went dancing last night and had a very good time. So I think I got in my fair share of Cardo this weekend. :D tomorrow I will hit my favorite machine.

It is very nice motivation to hear people tell you
"your legs are looking great"
"you have lost weight in your face"
"your curves are coming back"

YAY! :D

So it's been close to 2 months since I started my exercise regime and now I'm getting bored with the number of reps. This is a great sign, because now I'll have to add more to feel the burn. What once took 100 crunches now takes 200 crunches and similar results can be seen with push-ups and aerobic stuff.

As would be expected my arms and chest and legs are stronger than ever before, but my stomach seems to be expanding!!!! After that initial gain of weight when I started my workouts, I'm seeing a huge dissapation this week. That's encouraging, but if I don't continue to lose the pounds I'll worry this idea was futile from the beginning.

Oh well...I feel great...no longer depressed...and feel sexier than ever ;)....Betcha didn't expect to hear a straight man say THAT, did ya? LOL

I had a few slip ups over the weekend (a large mint-chocolate chip ice cream parfait, an iced cappucino from Tim Horton's) so this weekend I have vowed to get back on track! Had a nice veggie salad (a garden bistro bowl from michalina's) and a banana for lunch today, then salsa chicken and rice for dinner tonight.

Unfortunately, our treadmill was sacrificed in the flood we had in our basement Friday, so I've taken this as an opportunity to do my workouts outside. Last night I was freezing my ass off, but did 45 minutes around my neighborhood. :up:

Back
Top Bottom