Let's go phishing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
80% I thought 2 of them were phishing I guess they were legit.
I dont trust any email that asks me to 'log in' or update my password :rolleyes:

JessicaAnn said:
50% ... though as I was giving my answers, I guessed one was legitimate and all the rest were phishing (I am suspicious).

Better to err on that side than the other way.

80%. But one of the reasons given that it was legit was that it was addressed to the recipient by name. That doesn't seem to hard to do :shrug:.

90%, but the one I got wrong was because the link was showed on the bottom or so :huh:

I never open emails from ebay paypal or whatever bank, since I"m not a member of either... :rolleyes:

ntalwar said:
80%. But one of the reasons given that it was legit was that it was addressed to the recipient by name. That doesn't seem to hard to do :shrug:.
It might not seem hard to do, but keep in mind, they're not just writing a single email to you, they're writing a generic email and spamming it to a million people (literally).

Also keep in mind that they might not know your actual name. If all they have is your email address (jfk@foo.net) they have no idea what "jfk" stands for.

^Actually, I get a ton of spam addressed to a name that looks like it could belong to my address. I think the spammers' database has email address plus a guess as to what the real name is.

I got a 60% because I'm paranoid and I think everything is phishing.

I got 70% -- but the 3 I missed were legit & I thought they weren't. Better than the other way 'round, I think. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom