Let The Wild Speculation Begin... Beyonce' To Open Grammys With "big Surprise"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i love when they say how it's the "most important night for music"

if that truly was the case, i'd gladly go deaf :down:

i laughed at chris martin's kerry comment :up: it will probably piss a few people off...always amusing...

Sorry, if I should have put the thread about the Kerry comment here go ahead and move it.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Overall, it was alright.... the Beatles tribute sucked big time, IMO. Surely they could have gotten better people for it that who they had?

i'm really really glad i missed that part.

every year my music taste seems to stray further and further from what the music industry thinks i should be listening to.

I only watched a small part of it, and enjoyed it. (Sting must have a good tailor) It must be a fun night, all those musos in the one room.
Thanks for mentioning the website, I have enjoyed looking at the list
*jumps off her couch**
coldplay!
:applaud:
ry cooder,sting,george harrison,warren and bruce
metallica,jeff beck,aretha franklin,june carter cash
james taylor,etta james,buddy guy
all people I grew up loving
:applaud: to all the writers and engineers too
:applaud: the industry

I thought there were some good performances this year. Prince was awesome! So was the funk thing with Earth, Wind and Fire, OutKast, Robert Randolph Family Band and Parliament Funkadelic. I thought the White Stripes were too tentative at the beginning of their performance, but they blew the roof off at the end! Foo Fighters with Chick Correa was interesting.

I'm cool with seeing Sting perform anytime, as long as he's playing Police tunes and not his lame solo crap. I don't think it was a good idea to have Dave Matthews and Vince Gill participate in the Beatles tribute. It just sounded weird! The Neptunes guy did OK on drums.

Justin Timberlake can play an instrument??? Crap, I guess he might be for real after all. I'm still mad he won a Grammy over both George Harrison and Warren Zevon, though.

um, Jack Whites pants were a little too tight for me to digest. :crack:

performances I enjoyed:

Both Outkast performances. I always enjoy it when a marching band joins a professional musical group. :yes: as well when P-Funk and Earth Wind and Fire join in the jam.

Christina's performance was great.

Sting and Sean Paul

Justin Timberlake

Prince and Beyonce

Performance I was luke warm over:

The White Stripes

Foo Fighters

Performances I walked away from or should have walked away from:

Black Eyed Peas

Sting, Dave Matthews, Pharell and Vince Gill's tribute to the Beatles. :down: it could have been a lot better. I did not like Dave Matthews voice at all. Vince Gill and Sting sounded great though. the performance was bland.

Since when did the Grammys turn into making every performance a wacky collaboration? :eyebrow: :scratch:

"What do you get when you cross the Foo Fighters with a jazz pianist? Let's find out!!"

I'm a little late with this post, but I wanted to comment on a few things I enjoyed and those I did not.

Pro: Prince performing a medley of older tunes.
Con: Not rehearsing enough and sucking as a result.

Pro: The beautiful Amy Lee and Evanescence winning Best New Artist.
Con: 50 Cent feeling that he was owed more than a nomination. That may hurt his chances at future ceremonies.

Pro: Gwen Stefani
Con: Being reminded in her acceptance speech that she's still married to Gavin Rosdale.

Pro: The White Stripes performance
Con: It only lasted a few minutes.

Pro: Coldplay won Record of the Year.
Con: It was for my least favorite Coldplay song, "Clocks"

Pro: The Beatles tribute with Sting, Matthews, Pharell, and Gill
Con: That was it? One song? Four artists? Couldn't they have sprung for at least a couple of tunes with an all-star cast. If they could do it for We Are the World, can't they do it for the most influential band of all time?

Pro: Outkast closed the showed with a great performance and a Grammy for Album of the Year.
Con: It took over 3 1/2 hours to get there.

Back
Top Bottom