LENO tonight: Claire Danes, Robin Williams, Coldplay.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Achtung Bubba

Refugee
Need I say more?

The Tonight Show for 9/12 (tonight, 11:35 pm ET) features:

- Claire Danes, who has been the object of a massive crush of mine since My So-Called Life.

(Watch Baz Luhrmann's William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet for evidence just how freaking beautiful she is.)

(I've told the love of my life about my crush, and she doesn't seem to mine. To be perfectly honest, Claire Danes reminds me of my girlfriend: both have similarly striking eyes and a smile that can derail every train of thought I have.)

(They're both so cute! :D)

- Robin Williams, one of the funniest men ever: a surprisingly good actor, and always entertaining on talk shows like this.

- AND Coldplay, the force behind A Rush of Blood to the Head, a work of art that is as moving as U2's best work - and my pick for album of the year.

A good line-up, indeed.

Bubba

COLDPLAY !!! I won't forget to tape it....Thanks Bubba !

And I was a big fan of "My So Called Life" and was really sad that it was cancelled. All the good shows are always cancelled, like "Freaks and Geeks".

Achtung Bubba said:

- AND Coldplay, the force behind A Rush of Blood to the Head, a work of art that is as moving as U2's best work - and my pick for album of the year.

Bubba

thanks for the heads up. i'm always two steps behind everyone else...so only yesterday did i finally pick up A Rush of..... having seen all these posts concerning coldplay and their new album, i began thinking to myself, "what the heck are these lunatics raving about"?! :coocoo: ;) well, needless to say i've been blown away.

will they be playing "in my place" or something else i wonder?

btw, i think the three best tracks on that album are: "The Scientist"; "Warning Sign"; and "Amsterdam" :up:

She is beautful indeed...

instyle0799e.jpg

<sigh> :D

Bubba, I remember you had a thread about her way back in the early days of Lemonade Stand

you don't look like DiCaprio do you? cause if you do I'll have to kick your ass :angry:

anyway, thanks for the heads-up, should be a great show...

Not DiCaprio (thankfully), but I've been told I look a little bit like Ewan McGregor. :bono:

The lovely Ms. Danes was just on on the east coast, and I still have such a crush on her. Cute, smart, sweet, a bubbly personality. A 10/10. Fortunately for me, I've found an 11. :D

Robin's on now... Coldplay up next.

Robin Williams. Sick MFFR. Funny MFRR, but SICK, nonetheless.

Bubba

Yeah, I cannot lie, Claire's always been a bit lanky.

I too bet we'll see "In My Place," which I saw (for the first or second time) on VH1 this morning. Looks like the public may be catching up and discovering what we have.

Bubba

"In My Place," it was - nicely done, but the song fits better in the context of the album or a complete live show.

Either way, it's a rarity to see a band play as well live as they do in the studio. They did a good job, I think.

Bubba

haha, Clare looked like she was rushing over there to see Chris Martin! (figures since she said she had broken up with her boyfriend recently)

good performance, I thought it could have been slightly crisper and sharper sounding with the guitars, but still very good!

No, she hadn't broken up with her boyfriend (much to my chagrin :sexywink:), she was just dispelling the rumor that they had eloped. They're apparently still happily together.

Maybe she's just a big fan of the band - and who can blame her?

Bubba

I think I remember hearing it mentioned that she's also a big U2 fan and attended the Elevation Tour

oh well, I was half paying attention obviously when she was talking

Back
Top Bottom