Lenny Kravitz?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the soul waits

New Yorker
Are there no Lenny Kravitz-fans out here?
I checked the reference list, and couldn't find anything about him.

Don't say you hate him, cuz I love Lenny :scream:

Lenny is good. I have his greatest hits album. He is good at what he does. I don't love him though. PS, I saw him in person once at a charity event, he's short.

The song from the GAP commercial about some sophisticated lady?

Worst. Lyrics. Ever.

You know, at least from what I've heard. But he's had some good tunes here and there.

Last edited:
I agree that his best work is from quite a few years ago.
Favourites are Are you gonna go my way, Always on the run, Believe, and the winner is AGAIN!! :drool:

He's coming here June 25, I am SO going!

I put him on the same plane of musical existance as modern day Santana

that is....a pile of shit
granted he has had some deserved hits...but mostly, and ALWAYS as of late, he writes stinking mounds of quasi-musical shit

a retread nostalgia-whore, just blatantly recycling a tired 70s "rock" image/sound. he should be thrown in a burlap bag and beaten with sticks, along with the black crowes.

Ok, everything through Lenny was good. His recent work bored the shit out of me. I know i'm crazy for saying this, but Lenny is actually probably my favorite cd of his.

Thanks for the comments, guys.

I like his vintage/70s sound, that's what makes him Lenny.
It's a hard sound to accomplish and I'm impressed that he does all of the studio-work himself.

There's something about Lenny that I like a lot....I think he's pretty talented for the most part. He also seems to have the chops live, from what little I've seen and heard. What amazes me is that he plays all the instruments on his cds: drums, guitars, etc.

I wonder though, if he has the ability to take it to the next level. It would be cool to see him try to do that collaboratively, with a 'real' band, instead of the rent-a-band he takes on the road and uses in videos.

:cool: (blue crack Lenny)

Back
Top Bottom