Leek, Staffordshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sing it for John Lennon! Sing it for Jimi Hendrix! For Janis Joplin! For Brian Jones! Bob Mah Lee! Elvis Prez Lee!

"What is important is The Song. Here is A Song."

Hey, where's The Song, fucko!

Yeah, but you know tuf bono secretly wants to change the lyric to "pie".

See, I'd like to think he's taking a stab at gossips and fundie types who pry into everyone's lives "in the name of love", 'cause they "care".

But yeah, it's tuf bono, he's probably just thinking of his next meal and which woodland creatures will be in tonight's pie.

By the way ...

Who Cockburned?
Total Posts: 1,002
User Name Posts
Axver 168
The Sad Punk 143
bono_212 116
cinnaminson 105
liamcool 75
Serena Vox 53
gluey 49
Alisaura 45
DreamOutLoud13 40
coolian2 38
major_panic 36
Slopsy 36
hardyharhar 29
KhanadaRhodes 20
mysterious_jen 17
Sicy 17
bono_man2002 10
LemonMelon 4
COBL_04 1

By the way ...

Who Cockburned?
Total Posts: 1,002
User Name Posts
Axver 168
The Sad Punk 143
bono_212 116
cinnaminson 105
liamcool 75
Serena Vox 53
gluey 49
Alisaura 45
DreamOutLoud13 40
coolian2 38
major_panic 36
Slopsy 36
hardyharhar 29
KhanadaRhodes 20
mysterious_jen 17
Sicy 17
bono_man2002 10
LemonMelon 4
COBL_04 1

That's one of my best and brightest.

You know, I love Gloria live, I generally think it was better than the studio version, but the very end, the final chorus, they rarely did better than the studio version.

I think it's 21 November 1984, Dortmund where Bono does a mad version of it that's better, though. "Gloorrriiiiaaaaaaayyyaaaaheeeyyyeaaaahhhhaaaaannoooohhh" or something random like that.

p1050463co6.jpg

"Guys...I was just thinking....what if we're still singing "40" when we're 40? Wouldn't that be maaaaaaaaaaad."

You know, I love Gloria live, I generally think it was better than the studio version, but the very end, the final chorus, they rarely did better than the studio version.

I think it's 21 November 1984, Dortmund where Bono does a mad version of it that's better, though. "Gloorrriiiiaaaaaaayyyaaaaheeeyyyeaaaahhhhaaaaannoooohhh" or something random like that.

Yeah, Dortmund has probably my favourite version. I think I mentioned this already tonight, though.

FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED
THHEEEEEEEEEEEEE
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD

LET
THEM
KNOW
IT'S
CHRlSTMASTIME HAS COME.

*adds to list of boots to get*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom