Led Zeppelin Survivor: I - round 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your least favorite song

• Good Times Bad Times

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Babe I'm Gonna Leave You

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • You Shook Me

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Dazed And Confused

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Your Time Is Gonna Come

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Communication Breakdown

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • How Many More Times

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Double eliminations FTW - Black Mountain Side and I Can't Quit You Baby are both out with 6 votes.

I'm going with Dazed And Confused here. It's infinitely better live.

Ugh, this is crazy. All of these are just incredible.

I have to disagree with the first two mentioned. Dazed And Confused, while amazing live, is still a classic in its original studio form, and Your Time Is Gonna Come is gorgeous.

I think, by default, I'm going to have to go for You Shook Me.

Dazed And Confused is like the best song here! This is really tough. I guess I'll go for Your Time Is Gonna Come. Other than the awesome intro, I'm not a huge fan.

I Can't Quit You Baby & You Shook Me are Zep in their most pure form. Monster blues rock with huge performances from all four members & both lead into even better songs when listening to this as an album. What Dazed & Confused became live shouldn't have any bearing on this version, which is still awesome and is a window into what they were to become live. I recommend checking it out again, especially the last 3 minutes. This song cannot go yet. Communication Breakdown is possibly the first punk song? I'm hoping for a Good Times - How Many more Times final, but voting any of these off is tough. I think I like it all more than anything after Zep IV, with a couple exceptions. Hard to believe they recorded this in '68.

A solid LP all the way through, but I would think Your Time Is Gonna Come is a bit too Procol Harum-ELP prog for the prog haters :eyebrow:. A great song too, but it drags a bit at the end. My next vote after Babe.

Babe, I'm gonna Leave You has some great moments too but gets a bit long and is slightly off the level of the other songs here. And besides, there are two words associated with this song that should be enough to get it out of here next:
Great White :lol:

That unwanted connection with unoriginal, untalented hair metal neanderthals alone qualifies it for quick elimination :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom