Led Zeppelin Survivor: final draw - round 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your least favorite song

• Good Times Bad Times

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What Is And What Should Never Be

• Black Dog

• Rock And Roll

• Stairway To Heaven

• Over The Hills And Far Away

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Last round, In My Time Of Dying was eliminated with 5 votes.

Finalists:

Good Times Bad Times
Dazed And Confused
Whole Lotta Love
What Is And What Should Never Be
Since I've Been Loving You
Tangerine
Black Dog
Rock And Roll
Stairway To Heaven
The Rain Song
Over The Hills And Far Away
The Ocean
The Rover
In My Time Of Dying
Ten Years Gone
Wanton Song
Nobody's Fault But Mine
In The Evening
Wearing And Tearing
Hey Hey What Can I Do

Whole Lotta Love.

Dazed and Confused deserves to be top six, for sure.

ETA: Let's get Stairway the fuck outta here next round. The longer we leave it the more chance it has to win outright and it isn't the best Zep tune in their entire catalogue. Anyone with me?

Whole Lotta Love.

Dazed and Confused deserves to be top six, for sure.

ETA: Let's get Stairway the fuck outta here next round. The longer we leave it the more chance it has to win outright and it isn't the best Zep tune in their entire catalogue. Anyone with me?

The BBC version of Stairway is the shiznit!

Stairway doesn't deserve to go yet, but it also doesn't deserve to win the whole competition. :hmm:

Stairway is their most complete song. I think it deserves to win.

Don't let radio overplay influence you against the song!

Why do I come in here? It just makes me angry. Goddamit.

Totally agree, especially after wandering in here this morning and seeing the voting so far in this round.

I felt like I was in the NfuckinSYNC forum ...... huh, Robert Plant who? oh yeah, he's the guy from that Stairway band

aarrgghhhhhhhhhhhhh

:angry::mad::grumpy:

Whole Lotta Love.

Um................................... Not me!

Nothing against Since I've Been Loving You, Good Times, Tangerine, Rain Song but there's a reason Dazed & Whole Lotta Love were played at every freakin' Zep concert.

To kick Dazed & Confused or Whole Lotta Love out before the Rain Song? I mean, is Bonzo even on the Rain Song. :yawn:

Nothing against Since I've Been Loving You, Good Times, Tangerine, Rain Song but there's a reason Dazed & Whole Lotta Love were played at every freakin' Zep concert.

To kick Dazed & Confused or Whole Lotta Love out before the Rain Song? I mean, is Bonzo even on the Rain Song. :yawn:

You're right about the reason these classic songs were played at just about every concert ..... because they were freakin great.

Dazed and Confused was the most played song in their live concert history .... setlisted on a total of 207 known live recordings from 1969 until they stopped playing it live in 75 at Earls Court. It's their show piece.
SIBLY was one of the few songs played live that was rarely stuffed up ... played from 1970 right up to the last concert in Germany 1980, known recordings 187
WLL brought the house down every single time ..... 196 times from '69 til 1980
The Rain Song ... well yeah, live it was ruined most times by out of tune melotron or Plants failing vocals, but still, this song has unsurpassed beauty.

I'm surprised by the votes for those classics too. I mean, Black Dog and Rock & Roll are probably the most generic and disposable things on here, as rocking as they are.

Do you really want to know why Dazed And Confused was a live favorite? Because it's really damn good live.

It isn't up to that level on the album.

I beg to differ, young Skywalker. The Rain Song is pretty and all, and has a fairly decent flourish at the end. But the pummeling administered by Bonham in particular after the middle guitar solo, when it is all being brought back to the start in the last 2-3 minutes, truly leaving one Dazed & Confused, alone merits extending the life of this song in this tourney. This to me is what Zep was all about. And I have no problem with the rest of the song, either. :)

Of course, by Houses, they were trying new sounds and branching out in different directions. But live, they never forgot what they were as a band and stayed pretty close to their roots.

I understand this is about the studio versions, and it's all good at this point. But I think there are at least a handful left that should go before we get into the ridiculous part of selecting. Imo :wink:

I've been waiting to see how the voting went, so I could add my vote to something that would save what I think are songs that deserve to go further, but I can't put this off any longer.

Not my first choice for elimination, nor is it my least favourite song amongst this group but, so be it ..... Ten Years Gone

If Ten Years Gone, Led Zeppelin's best song ever, gets kicked out now, I'm not voting again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom