Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd or Queen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which band would you rather see at its peak?

• Led Zeppelin

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Pink Floyd

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Queen

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters

pub crawler

New Yorker
If you could go back in time and see one show by either Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd or Queen when they were performing at their absolute peak, which band would you choose to see?

floyd baby. i saw those lights on TV one time... I almost swooned in glee.

Is there any doubt?
Who are your overlords?
The Ships have sailed to new lands, because...
You Need It... Way Down Inside!!!

I choose to make my vote anonymous.

:sexywink:

never cared for queen.
floyd is boring live.

bring on the hammer of the gods.

As much as I like all three of them, I'll go with Led Zep. They suit my fancy.

If this question was posed to me in 1979, I would have said Led Zep in a second but, being much older and not having much tolerance for 25 minute drum solos anymore, I would have say Queen.

I'm a dumb ass and voted without looking really close at what the poll is actually about. I thought it was which band we liked the best, so I chose Pink Floyd. Then I realized what the poll is really about and I want to change my answer to Queen. I've already seen Pink Floyd live. It was in 1988 and they probably weren't at their peak, but I'd still rather see a different band this time around.

Hmmm...

My name is Mr. Ombudsman.

I'd like to place a vote for Led Zeppelin please...

What's your first name sir?

I don't know.

*runs away.

how the hell is queen tied with zeppelin?

whatever your personal preferences may be, zeppelin is one of the top 5 live acts of all time.

(so says me.):tongue:

All of my love to Led Zeppelin. Strike that, The Who will share custody of it, and the blimp can have me every other day. Fair enough?

I vote the other two off the island, and proclaim Led Zeppelin as my champion live performer I'd most like to see hypothetically given the choice of the previous two examples laid out in this thread.

As a member of the Roundtable of Robert Plant Groupies, I must vote for Led Zeppelin.

Thank you.
Zsa Zsa the groupie

JOFO said:
floyd is boring live.

You've quite clearly never seen Pink Floyd live. As much as I'd kill, steal, and extort to see Queen or Zep, I'd sell my soul to Satan himself for the chance to see Floyd.

DaveC said:

You've quite clearly never seen Pink Floyd live.

Didn't just a few members of the band tour for several years in the 80's and 90's? Maybe he saw the later incarnation of the band which likely wouldn't have been as good as the original lineup. I'm just guessing.

pub crawler said:

Didn't just a few members of the band tour for several years in the 80's and 90's? Maybe he saw the later incarnation of the band which likely wouldn't have been as good as the original lineup. I'm just guessing.

I saw them in 1987 or 88 I think it was, on the momentary lapse of reason tour. I love floyd, but this show could not compare to any zeppelin show. not that I ever had the chance to see zep. but in any concert footage I've seen, zep knocks 'em out.

Queen was great but I never thought of them as being known for an awesome live show. Floyd is okay but they never excited me. Led Zeppelin was true rock and roll glory at its finest. I'd pick them.

Back
Top Bottom