Led Zeppelin II or Paranoid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
200px-LedZeppelinLedZeppelinIIalbumcover.jpg
Vs.
ath-1800.jpg

Two absolutely badass classic rock records. Both are sequenced similarly, with mammoth rockers starting and ending each of the records, along with entire tracks dedicated to drum solos (Moby Dick and Rat Salad, respectively). The question is, which album do you enjoy more?

For me, I prefer the eclectic nature of II, over Paranoid's dark n' heavy atmosphere. Paranoid has more classics (there's nothing on II as important to the history of rock as Iron Man), but the thing that separates the two in quality for me is the vocalists...I just don't care for Ozzy's voice much. :slant: Plus, Moby Dick > Rat Salad. :wink:

II - A
Paranoid - B+

Pinball Wizard said:
II good II b IVgotten.

(I wish that the i's here were in a serif font... so that this post would read as hilarious as it was intended).

There you go, I fixed it for you.

Both great, but for me it's What Is And What Should Never Be FTW.

Plant definitely loses points for the Lord of the Rings lyrics in Ramble On though.

"Met a girl in Mordor..."

"But Gollum and the evil one..."

:cringe:

:madwife:

Ramble On is one of my favourite Zep songs! Who cares if there's a two-line shout to Lord of the Rings?

Any Led Zeppelin beats any Black Sabbath, but that's not a knock on Black Sabbath. Zep's early stuff is just untouchable.

DaveC said:
:madwife:

Ramble On is one of my favourite Zep songs! Who cares if there's a two-line shout to Lord of the Rings?

Concur'd. Ramble On is genius. :drool: Zep never had the greatest lyrics anyway.

Back
Top Bottom