Led Zeppelin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which is the best Zeppelin Album?

• I

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • II

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • III

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • IV

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Houses of the Holy

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Physical Graffiti

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Presence

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In Through the Out Door

• Coda

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
UberBeaver said:
Wow, no love for III? I expected more from that album.

I think a lot of people appreciate it, but it's hard to argue for it being the best. There are probably a good number of people who might place it at #2, who knows.

I, Presence, and In Through didn't receive any votes either, and I think III is better than all of those.

I think I'm the only person who loves Presence...I'm too embarrassed to even vote.

True. Though I have met a few people that think Presence is their best album - personally, I don't really like it, I've never been able to sit through the whole thing. I was debating between III, II and Houses and you're probably right insofar as I'd put III as my second fave.

Between Houses and IV for me, although I haven't listened to Physical Graffiti in a while.

There was a guy that wrote a Led Zeppelin retrospective article for Rolling Stone not too long ago, and he called Presence their best album.

I like a lot of things about it, but I don't know if it's as consistent as some of the classics, or as rewarding and diverse as Physical Graffiti.

However, Achilles' Last Stand is one of the greatest things Zeppelin ever recorded, as well as John Bonham's most impressive recording.

lazarus said:

However, Achilles' Last Stand is one of the greatest things Zeppelin ever recorded, as well as John Bonham's most impressive recording.

Don't forget Tea For One. That song has the kind of guitar work in it that makes you want to reach for your electric every time you hear it.

"A minute feels like a lifetime"

Robert has said quite frequently that he feels Presence to be the best representation of Zeppelin as a band; I suppose, however, that such a statement does not entail that he believes it to be the best. In my mind, IV is not only Zeppelin's finest hour, but the finest album in rock history. I almost want to vote for III, however, if only because it really is deserving of at least one vote.

For me, it's:

1. Houses of the Holy
2. IV
3. Physical Graffiti
4. II
5. III

But they're all fantastic albums.

It was between II, Houses & Physical Graffiti for me.

Though now I'm listening to my Jimmy Page/Black Crowes-Live At The Greek CD. They played there 2 nights at the end of that tour. I was there on night 2. Don't know if they took the best of both nights or what. Either way, it was a great show :drool: I went with a friend who had seen LZ many times in the 70s. Afterwards he said this was the best Zep show he saw :)

1. Houses
2. III
3. II
4. IV
5. Physical Graffiti

PG has some of my favorite tunes (Night Flight, Ten Years Gone, Down by the Seaside) but there's a lot of stuff that just sorta doesn't do it for me - likeKashmir, it's boring to me.

UberBeaver said:
Wow, no love for III? I expected more from that album.

III > Physical Graffiti.

And, honestly, Presence is the band's worst album. Clearly the beginning of the end for them. At least ITTOD had some great singles.

I also voted for Physical Graffiti. I just love Custard Pie and also In My Time of Dying.

Okay, I've got it narrowed down to III, Houses of the Holy, and Physical Graffiti.

Right now, I'm leaning towards III, but I haven't decided yet.

I feel like I'm voting for President here. We need to do Led Zeppelin Survivor, ASAP.

Not to pressure you, Dave, but voting for Houses might actually impact the eventual outcome. III's kind of lonely with no votes, but it's a lost cause.

LemonMelon said:

We need to do one of these best album polls for Steely Dan. :drool:

N I C E.

What, with like 5 people participating?

I'm not even sure of the point. Aja will win in a landslide, and like 2 other albums will get a couple votes.

Song survivor, on the other hand...

:lemondontlosethatnumber:

lazarus said:

N I C E.

What, with like 5 people participating?

I'm not even sure of the point. Aja will win in a landslide, and like 2 other albums will get a couple votes.

Song survivor, on the other hand...

:lemondontlosethatnumber:

My prediction:

Can't Buy A Thrill - 1
Countdown To Ecstasy - 2
Pretzel Logic - 3
Katy Lied - 1
Royal Scam - 0
Aja - 5
Gaucho - 0
Two Against Nature - 0
Everything Must Go - 0

The "Steely Dan started sucking after they quit touring the first time" crowd will up CTE's and Pretzel Logic's vote count...somebody mostly familiar with the hits will throw CBAT a bone, and everyone else will vote Aja. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom