Led Zeppelin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
discuss them here.

lately I've been fascinated by john bonham's drum sound (again) and the bass work of john paul jones.
I've also developed a new respect for Page's guitar work and especially his producing.
let's not forget their debut album was recorded when they like 20.
:|
massive.

yea john bonhams drum sound is very intresting, my drum teacher refers to it as a heavy sound(not to mention im workin on stairway to heaven)

also besides the amazing soungs jimmy paige is probably among the greatest guitarests ever

Their albums are reason enough to Bring On Home the argument that the lead guitarist should always produce the record.

:sexywink:

Yes. Not the best punning moment.

I think Page is a better producer than 90% of those getting paid by top acts today.

The amazing thing is that you've got, quite possibly, the greatest singer, the greatest guitar player, the greatest drummer, and the greatest bassist all in the same band.

Best Bands of All Time:

1. Led Zeppelin
2. The Beatles
3. The Rolling Stones
4. U2
5. The Who
6. Credence Clearwater Revival
7. Nirvana
8. The Velvet Underground
9. Pink Floyd
10. The Clash

LyricalDrug said:
The amazing thing is that you've got, quite possibly, the greatest singer, the greatest guitar player, the greatest drummer, and the greatest bassist all in the same band.

Best Bands of All Time:

1. Led Zeppelin
5. The Who

aw cmon the who are better an led zeppelin

think it this way:

pete townsend was a better song writer than paige an plant

entwistle is much better an john paul jones

roger daultry is just as good as plant

keith moons drumming:drool: :drool:

(ill admit paige is a better guitarest)

I'm Ready said:

aw cmon the who are better an led zeppelin

think it this way:

roger daultry is just as good as plant

keith moons drumming:drool: :drool:

(ill admit paige is a better guitarest)

you know why pete townsend was(is) so mad when he plays live, thats because he cant play led guitar like page!!!
jimmy page:rockon: :rockon:

On the subject of John Bonham, Coda is worth it just for "Bonzo's Montreux." Makes "Moby Dick" sound like a cymbal crash.

JOFO said:
I think Page is a better producer than 90% of those getting paid by top acts today.

Agreed. Considering the prestige of the musicians in his group, it's amazing that they did not break up over artistic differences. Hence the reason why the guitarist should be the one to assert control, not the bass player.

I'm looking at you, Sting.

And the only time in history Pete Townshend came close to Page was when he performed Young Man Blues. Then again, all arguments supporting Townshend's supremacy are severely weakened by the fact that The Who needed Page's studio guitar recording to accent Can't Explain (The Who's first single).

Led Zeppelin .. one of the GREATEST rock and roll bands of all time

CLASSIC songs ... :love: :drool: :applaud: :bow:

These songs are my overall favorites ::

Communication Breakdown
Good Times Bad Times
Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You
You Shook Me
Dazed And Confused
Whole Lotta Love
Heartbreaker / Livin' Lovin Maid (She's Just A Woman)
Black Dog
Rock And Roll
Stairway To Heaven
Going To California
When The Levee Breaks
In The Evening
Fool In The Rain
All Of My Love

I'm Ready said:

not necessarily when you consider zep has the most requested song in radio history with stairway. also, I never cared for the who's rock operas.

I'm Ready said:

no way; entwistle was great and derserves special recognition because he had the first bass solo in rock with "my generation", but jones is the better bass player; he also played guitar, mandolin, piano, organ, synth, and wrote and arranged.

[/B][/QUOTE]

shaun vox said:

you know why pete townsend was(is) so mad when he plays live, thats because he cant play led guitar like page!!!
jimmy page:rockon: :rockon:

jimmy page is the best gutiarist ever! he's so fucking good, his solos are amazing!

Led Zeppelin is the best rock n' roll band ever. so fucking good. they're the epitomy of rock n' roll.

Led Zeppelin is the greatest ROCK band to ever have lived. What I mean by that is very simple. No one ever matched their sheer balls-out blues rock n' roll intensity and just capture the true essense of hard rock and rock and roll in general. They weren't the best song writers, and they weren't the most original band ever, but god dammit they were good. They were the best.

The Rover. :rockon:

JOFO said:

not necessarily when you consider zep has the most requested song in radio history with stairway. also, I never cared for the who's rock operas.

no way; entwistle was great and derserves special recognition because he had the first bass solo in rock with "my generation", but jones is the better bass player; he also played guitar, mandolin, piano, organ, synth, and wrote and arranged.

[/B][/QUOTE]

aw cmon john entwistle is the greatest bass player of all time(and this has nothing to do with all the other instruments john paul jones can play)

not only is the bass solo in my generation great but look at his bass in the quadrophenia era

-the real me:dance: :bow:
-5:15 is also pretty good bass playing(especialy ont hat royal albert hall concert)

and just because you dont really care for the rock operas doesnt mean there wasn't some good song writing in them

yertle-the-turtle said:
I used to associate them with bad 70s cock rock.

I still do, to some extent. But good music is good music, and they have quite a fair bit.
Led Zeppelin exemplifies that sheer sweaty, ballsy, apocolyptic out of control freight train sound that is pure rock and roll. There will never be another like them and they are up there with The Who, Queen, U2 (give em another 20 years), and the Stones. Of course they're all on the floor below the penthouse suite which always goes to the fab four.

Led Zeppelin is perhaps the greatest classic rock and roll band ever, but what set them apart from others in the genre is how their music would break off into different tangents, displaying a talent that has rarely been matched. To go from Led Zeppelin II to III and then to Zoso is just incredible. III was just so far ahead of its time, before everybody else had to do the "acoustic" thing. And no other rock and roll band was into the blues like they were.

:up:

aw cmon john entwistle is the greatest bass player of all time(and this has nothing to do with all the other instruments john paul jones can play)
[/QUOTE]

nope; jpj is the better bassist imo. I think entwistle has more clout, but jpj has always been criminally underrated.

check these tunes out:

good times bad times
the lemon song
what is and what should never be
ramble on
immingrant song
the crunge
achilles last stand
black dog (a riff he wrote)

I realized today that there is flanger on the whole drum set for "kashmir"; they bring it up and down during the song.

brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom