Le Tour De France 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
COBL_04 said:
The sport seems to just tainted over and over. It's so sad. Where does that leave Evans?

It leaves him in second.

Probably too far back to overtake Contador in the time trial, although he is better at it.

I don't anticipate the Top 3 changing, unless someone else gets kicked out, of course.

COBL_04 said:
The sport seems to just tainted over and over. It's so sad. Where does that leave Evans?

I think very few sports are drug/doping free sadly...I don't think anyone in an athletics event is not doing some kind of "enhancement"...just I think the Tour de France officials might be the best at catching people out.

Right now rumors are flying around that Soler who is leading the mountain competition has been tested positive......

The police should be in the middle of a search of the hotel of his team

Nothing has been officially confirmed yet though

Well, It's being reported in the danish media.
First it was being said that it should be one of the riders wearing a jersey. The test should be from the stage Contador won infront of Rasmussen. So at first it was said that it should be either Rasmussen, Contador, Boonen or Soler.

Now the rumor is that it is most likely Soler.

One of the newspapers are saying that the bookmakers have stopped bets on the mountain competition....

But as I said: this is still just rumors flying around....

Yes, let's hope that indeed!

But I just read that there will be a press conference tomorrow at 11 o'clock.

So if this is true I guess we will know by then....

Well.. Thankfully the news this morning is that Soler is starting in the time trial and that it was nothing but a rumor..... The media machine sure is working fast these days! Which is not really strange after all that has happened in cycling the last couple of years...

The press conference this morning was not about a new doping incident, but about the tour de france cutting ties with the UCI.

And the cycling: Will be interesting to see today if Contador can defend his lead against Evans. He probably can, but still Evans is strong on the time trials. It could get pretty close.

Wow - That was some time trial - really exciting!!! For a moment there one could almost forget about all the controversy.....
Leipheimer was almost defying gravity!!
And congratulations to Contador - what a defense of the yellow jersey!!

2008 is going to be great, all the cheaters have been excluded (except Contador),
The Tour de France is the most exciting competition in the world again :drool:

I can't wait for Beijing 2008 though, a true clean competition too :yes:

Back
Top Bottom