Le Tampon, Réunion Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baaaaahahahahahahaha!

OK, so some of you might know Jorg Haider, a far right post-Nazi cunt of an Austrian politician, died recently in a car crash - he was drunk (more than three times over the legal limit!) and doing twice the speed limit. Idiot got what he deserved, really. But that's not my point. The interim leader of Haider's party after his death, Stefan Petzner, has admitted to a "special relationship" that "went far beyond friendship" with Haider!

His party sacked him that very day.

:lmao:

Oh my ... :lmao:

Yeah, I've gotten automated calls before. It's really annoying. They really do go over the top to promote themselves.

:laugh: Would you like me to be your campaign manager?

I think I've only ever had one automated call in my life, and it was some bollocks telling me I'd "won" a holiday in Cancun. Never had a political call.

If by "campaign manager", you mean arming yourself with all kinds of nasty military equipment and bombing strategic North American locations for me, then yes, by all means.

I think I've only ever had one automated call in my life, and it was some bollocks telling me I'd "won" a holiday in Cancun. Never had a political call.

If by "campaign manager", you mean arming yourself with all kinds of nasty military equipment and bombing strategic North American locations for me, then yes, by all means.

Oh we get automated calls of all sorts here. Ranging from health care bollocks to stuff like telling you that you've vacations. I've heard it all here. :|

But of course! :wink: Where first?

Oh we get automated calls of all sorts here. Ranging from health care bollocks to stuff like telling you that you've vacations. I've heard it all here. :|

But of course! :wink: Where first?

Yeah, I've gotten the impression it's much more commonplace over your way. The occasional calls I've received from healthcare and electricity companies and such have always been from real people.

Hm, how about Wasilla?

Wow, Truenorth is fucking awesome.

Especially the second two thirds. I love it. Not even Bowness's sometimes off-putting vocals can damage that song.

And Pigeon Drummer stunned me with how heavy it is.

Yeah, I've gotten the impression it's much more commonplace over your way. The occasional calls I've received from healthcare and electricity companies and such have always been from real people.

Hm, how about Wasilla?

Seems the only "real people" we get in calls like those are from people you can barely understand.

Sure thing. :up:

Especially the second two thirds. I love it. Not even Bowness's sometimes off-putting vocals can damage that song.

And Pigeon Drummer stunned me with how heavy it is.
Yeah, I find that Bowness's voice gets on my nerve some of the time (from listening to some of these.). It's definitely a voice that takes getting used to. I love the whole song, it's just ... wow.

And yeah. I wasn't expecting Pigeon Drummer to be that heavy. I was all :ohmy: when it really kicked in.

Seems the only "real people" we get in calls like those are from people you can barely understand.

Sure thing. :up:

The funny part is that telemarketing jobs and such are meant to have tests to ensure the candidates they select can speak clearly. You get the feeling they just hire everyone straight away without even paying attention to the test.

Just make sure Palin is there before launching the attack.

Yeah, I find that Bowness's voice gets on my nerve some of the time (from listening to some of these.). It's definitely a voice that takes getting used to. I love the whole song, it's just ... wow.

And yeah. I wasn't expecting Pigeon Drummer to be that heavy. I was all :ohmy: when it really kicked in.

Some tracks I'd definitely like more if SW rather than Bowness sang. But tracks like Pigeon Drummer and Truenorth do just fine. In fact, I'm not sure SW could pull off Truenorth in quite the way Bowness does.

The funny part is that telemarketing jobs and such are meant to have tests to ensure the candidates they select can speak clearly. You get the feeling they just hire everyone straight away without even paying attention to the test.

Just make sure Palin is there before launching the attack.

Oh I remember having to call our phone company from my dad's cell phone because our home phone wasn't working right and I couldn't understand this woman, I completely went off on her after a while of just getting fed up. :shifty:

You got it. :wink:

Some tracks I'd definitely like more if SW rather than Bowness sang. But tracks like Pigeon Drummer and Truenorth do just fine. In fact, I'm not sure SW could pull off Truenorth in quite the way Bowness does.
I haven't really heard enough, but seeing as how I'm a fanboy of SW's, I'd probably blindly agree. :lol:

Oh I remember having to call our phone company from my dad's cell phone because our home phone wasn't working right and I couldn't understand this woman, I completely went off on her after a while of just getting fed up. :shifty:

You got it. :wink:

I've had a couple of people who I've had trouble with, but that's been because they were stupid and couldn't quite grasp the nature of the problem or what I wanted.

And it's really fucking irritating how many of them think I'm a woman. I mean, my voice may not be the deepest male voice, but it's not a light one either. Maybe I should death growl at them ...

I haven't really heard enough, but seeing as how I'm a fanboy of SW's, I'd probably blindly agree. :lol:

:laugh:

Of course, if SW sung as well, then it would be a one-man project and Bowness would be out in the cold ...

I've had a couple of people who I've had trouble with, but that's been because they were stupid and couldn't quite grasp the nature of the problem or what I wanted.

And it's really fucking irritating how many of them think I'm a woman. I mean, my voice may not be the deepest male voice, but it's not a light one either. Maybe I should death growl at them ...

Yeah, this woman didn't seem to grasp what I needed help with. Every time I'd get transferred to "someone else who can help", it was always another person I couldn't understand and said they couldn't help me, so I got turned back over to that woman repeatedly. I was so. Unbelievably. Pissed.

You're not the manliest man ever, but you sure aren't a woman! I don't think you sound like one ...

:laugh:

Of course, if SW sung as well, then it would be a one-man project and Bowness would be out in the cold ...
SW just needs to stop pwning. No he doesn't.

I really like what I've heard of this album so far, I should thank you for getting me hooked on SW. :laugh:

When Did Interference Loose Its Sense Of Humor, Years ago JUST NOW? :sad:

By the "no discussion" logic, all but about four OOC threads should be closed.

Perhaps discussion wasn't the best description. Since there was no point to that thread but to come up with outlandish (and offensive to some) statements that mocked the gazillions of other threads in OOC, it was closed. I know you guys consider this your playground, but there are still rules. Not every funny idea deserves its own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom