Le Tampon, Réunion Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am convinced the Totally Inappropriate Game Threads Game is one of the funniest things to hit Interference in a long time. Holy shit. :lmao:

Goddamnit, peppermint chocolate. Stop being addictive. Why the hell am I even eating chocolate right now anyway? I'll blame Vazza and her ready supply of Lindt.

the palin thread needs a part 4 in FYM and I want to name it

"Zamboni Palin, first daughter? Or send her back to Alaska and hope her ovaries freeze off part 4"

:laugh:

I can't believe Palin actually considers herself intellectual. I mean ... wow.

And I need to see if PalinAsPresident.com has been updated lately.

God, this is just fucking CREEPY to me:

"We've had a database in Albemarle County for ten years or so. In all honesty, we probably have the most accurate list in the state, better than even Voter Vault." Though he acknowledged Albemarle is the exception in Virginia rather than the rule on this comparison to Voter Vault, ten years of notes collected from door-to-door conversations with neighbors have given Republicans an incredible depth of knowledge about who their voters are, and even what's going on in their lives.

Modeled by Bell and adopted by the grassroots county volunteers, notes banked into the voter database and printed onto canvass walk sheets are extremely sophisticated. "Do they have a bumper sticker? Are they expanding their house? What signs are in the window? Are they repainting? Are their kids going to college?" When a Republican canvasser returns later to that same voter's door, he or she can ask, "'How's Sally doing at Virginia Tech?' Having that kind of database is a huge edge."

FiveThirtyEight.com: Electoral Projections Done Right: On the Road: Charlottesville, Virginia

See you, Ian, and hey again, Serena! :wave:

Hey Axver. :wave:

I still didn't end up being able to get those damn albums you recommended because I had to leave way sooner than I was supposed to, again. :grumpy: I'll get it one of these days. But I suppose having Chinese food somewhat makes up for it. :wink:

How are you?

Ha, damn. Though we thought you'd buggered off for Chinese.

You simply must read this thread: http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f296/totally-inappropriate-game-threads-game-190501.html

It has brought me much amusement this morning.

:lol: Nice guess! I ended up having to go home early because my ride home (aka, Ben's dad) had to go to work a few hours earlier than usual, I came home and decide I wanted Chinese.

This:
What did you vomit JUST NOW?

is so gross but it gave me the lulz. :lmao:

:lol: Nice guess! I ended up having to go home early because my ride home (aka, Ben's dad) had to go to work a few hours earlier than usual, I came home and decide I wanted Chinese.

This:

is so gross but it gave me the lulz. :lmao:

Ah, right, bit of a pain. But yeah, since Chinese had come up, GG2 guessed you'd gone for that. :lol:

Pretty much everything in that thread is awesome. Ian's sequence about showering is quality.

Ah, right, bit of a pain. But yeah, since Chinese had come up, GG2 guessed you'd gone for that. :lol:

Pretty much everything in that thread is awesome. Ian's sequence about showering is quality.

Well, she wins a prize. :sexywink:

I'm still reading along. I'm constantly reminded how much I hate dial up.

The showering sequence begins on page five.

God, that thread has been too much fun.

Well, this suddenly went quiet.

I'm curious about what I posted not so long ago. So for the Americans here ... have you experienced anything like this? It's a mindfuck for me. I have only experienced two kinds of contact from political parties in my life:

1. Mail, generally in the form of leaflets promoting the candidate and their policies.
2. People outside polling places handing out "how to vote" cards with the relevant party's recommended preferencing order. (I take them from all parties, ignore them until after I've made my vote, then read them once I get home for a bit of amusement.)

Well, this suddenly went quiet.

I'm curious about what I posted not so long ago. So for the Americans here ... have you experienced anything like this? It's a mindfuck for me. I have only experienced two kinds of contact from political parties in my life:

1. Mail, generally in the form of leaflets promoting the candidate and their policies.
2. People outside polling places handing out "how to vote" cards with the relevant party's recommended preferencing order. (I take them from all parties, ignore them until after I've made my vote, then read them once I get home for a bit of amusement.)
What the fuck?

This is news to me, I didn't know people did that.

What the fuck?

This is news to me, I didn't know people did that.

Hah.

That sort of thing seems way over the top, and I hadn't heard of it before. Kate had mentioned often getting (typically automated) campaign calls, and people putting up signs, but that was it. Which reminds me, there was a "VOTE FOR ANDRE" sign around Franklin in 2006 that she wanted to steal for me. Turned out it was for some woman with the last name of Andre running for some county position. I was thinking of using it as the start of my campaign for Emperor of the World.

Baaaaahahahahahahaha!

OK, so some of you might know Jorg Haider, a far right post-Nazi cunt of an Austrian politician, died recently in a car crash - he was drunk (more than three times over the legal limit!) and doing twice the speed limit. Idiot got what he deserved, really. But that's not my point. The interim leader of Haider's party after his death, Stefan Petzner, has admitted to a "special relationship" that "went far beyond friendship" with Haider!

His party sacked him that very day.

:lmao:

Hah.

That sort of thing seems way over the top, and I hadn't heard of it before. Kate had mentioned often getting (typically automated) campaign calls, and people putting up signs, but that was it. Which reminds me, there was a "VOTE FOR ANDRE" sign around Franklin in 2006 that she wanted to steal for me. Turned out it was for some woman with the last name of Andre running for some county position. I was thinking of using it as the start of my campaign for Emperor of the World.

Yeah, I've gotten automated calls before. It's really annoying. They really do go over the top to promote themselves.

:laugh: Would you like me to be your campaign manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom