Le League d'Hockey de Fantaisie 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So far the teams are:

Les Habitants - ladywithspinninghead
Les Fonctionnaires - kobayashi
fah's clogs - fah (the clogs??)
Buffalo Wings - Se7en
The Sex Panthers - cujo
PuckYouLikeAnAnimal - AvsGirl
Los Mescaleros - DaveC

I think the autodraft is a sound idea. It would have been interesting to try the live one though... good stuff.

:up:

Off the top of my head, absentees from the last season:

Edgeman
Chizip
Michael Griffiths
Bonoman (?)
u2popmofo
zoney
Headache in a Suitcase
yertle-the-turtle
MVD_75
IWasBored
ILuvLarryMullen
Bbug

I apologize if I have missed anyone. It's been a while since that last pool.

the 2005 LHF season needs to be hyped or something. we need some momentum to attract players.

maybe a senselessly violent act would bring 'em.

Hmm, or maybe we could do like the Ottawa Renegades and get all the women to do WHATEVER it takes to collect as many mardi gras necklaces as possible. This seems to be a winning tool :rolleyes:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

Woohoo, I`m going to assume that`s Headache`s bilingual way of saying "oui oui" , i.e. yes, yes to joining :up:

Edited to add: Yep, he joined and now with MVD75'S membership, we`ve reached the magical 10... :)

Zoney - where are you?! Join toute de suite svp!

Last edited:
Muhaha!

Finally I have the ability to go head-to-head in hockey knowledge with Mr. Listener, and prove once and for all that Canadians do it better. :wink:

Oh...I have NO doubt you can win in general knowledge...in fact, you just might catch me slashing (two minute minor).

But it will never change the final score of the World Juniors Game! :D

I joined as Muttonheads. I have a question about the autodraft, does it automatically pick the highest positions during each round, like goalies only for the first round, followed only by right wingers or does it give highest ranked player regardless of position, like a fill in the blank thing giving you the highest ranked player as long as your team has an opening for the player.

Thanks

zonelistener said:
But it will never change the final score of the World Juniors Game! :D

A year ago, I might have cared about that comment... :sexywink:

celeb1.jpg

I have a question about the autodraft, does it automatically pick the highest positions during each round, like goalies only for the first round, followed only by right wingers or does it give highest ranked player regardless of position, like a fill in the blank thing giving you the highest ranked player as long as your team has an opening for the player.

The latter. It basically goes with the highest option available, unless your team is full on a given position, at which point it will go with the next highest. This is not always the best option - someone high up on the list could always be hurt in the preseason or something, because those players are put in the draft too.

Your best bet is to go to your team's page and pre-rank for the draft the way you want it. Right at the top of the roster is a link that says "Edit Draft Player Pre-Rankings" or something like that, and you just need to click on it and specify the order you want players drafted in, if you don't want the default "highest ranked player available". Which is wise. If you do it properly and carefully, you can basically build your team to exactly how you want it.

Anyways...we need at least one more team in to make 12. We will need an even number, I'm not setting the draft to "Ready" if we're going to have a team taking a bye for a full week at a time.

So, long story short, Canada owns the hockey universe, pre-rank your players, and we need another team, so sign up.

Fantastic. We have an even number of teams now with zoney's addition, which makes it good because we don't have to have a team take a bye every week.

So, I'll set the draft to "Ready" on September 25, after preseason has started, but early enough that people can make the necessary moves. Sound good? :up:

Alright, I'm going to set the draft to "Ready" now. Preseason has started, we have an even number of teams, and it looks like we're likely not getting any more teams going, so let's start 'er up! :)

It's been set, and so the draft should be done sometime in the next couple of days at the most.

Also note that I changed the goalie stat categories from Wins/GAA/Save Pct to Wins/Losses/GA/GAA/Save Pct. If this is a problem for anyone, you'd better tell me real fast because once the draft happens it's locked in.

I dig the additional 'tender stats.

But the fraternizing ends now.

:sexywink:

it appears to have 'gone off'.

kevin weekes is my goalie. thats not good.
i am strongest at left wing with nash and kovalchuk, but lots of other places i stink.

No complaints here.

Everybody has a competitive team.

Kobayashi, I hope you're not counting on numbers from Kovalchuk... seeing as he will probably be playing in Russia for the length of the season (at least most of it). Lameness indeed.

having not paid attention to hockey at all in the past year i'm not really sure how good my team will be...aside from the obvious names on it. :scratch:

i did end up with one sabre at least. :happy:

Umm, so what do we do with players who aren't available. Just grin and bear it?:wink:

I got the most anticipated player anyway, Sidney Crosby but it seem my preranking didn't do anything for me except get my goalies and Crosby.

Back
Top Bottom