Last Train to Satansville, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to collate those thoughts and find the right flow, and then I think I will. If you get bored, why don't you try "tinkering" with the Zooropa songs to see what kinda flow you could get. :shrug: It's gonna be a fun place when Rob impersonates BVS for the :huh:

Heh, do it. I'd love to see how people respond - sure, most people will call for you to be burnt at the stake, but I'm sure somebody might actually be interested. As for Zooropa, I think I was pretty close to a good order earlier; should be able to come up with something sweet. :up:

While you guys are being nerds, I've been a different kind of nerd and drawn a laughoriffic MS Paint picture of Adam getting an x-ray in 1993.

jollytime.jpg

Okay, it might have just been an excuse to draw that poster.

:lmao: :lmao:

You are truly one of the funniest people on Interference.

I'm really digging that proposed encore, too. Wow.

I wonder what Bono's response to it would be? "Ahh ... Dirty Day? No, I remember New Year's Day and Beautiful Day, but I really don't think I've ever written a song called Dirty Day ..."

Or Larry? "No top ten hits. VETOED!"

:lmao: :lmao:

You are truly one of the funniest people on Interference.

Wow, knowing the competition, I find this a true honour. :up:

I wonder what Bono's response to it would be? "Ahh ... Dirty Day? No, I remember New Year's Day and Beautiful Day, but I really don't think I've ever written a song called Dirty Day ..."

Or Larry? "No top ten hits. VETOED!"

Laughs aside, you know that is exactly how things would go. :sigh:

Wow, knowing the competition, I find this a true honour. :up:

Your cartoons are bloody hard to top. :up:

Laughs aside, you know that is exactly how things would go. :sigh:

Yeah. And Adam's probably too busy drinking or whatever to care, while Edge is just thinking "oh, here they go again ..."

By the way, is this your favourite Superthread location yet? :hyper: I was hoping you'd like the little lyrical modification I made in the intro too ...

Okay, I'm compiling the songs together for my DI list. I had to go retrieve a few CDs and files from Minlaton on the weekend for it, and I still couldn't find Big Black's Songs About Fucking, but hey, I'll download it if I don't come across it. That would be legal, too!

Your cartoons are bloody hard to top. :up:

Thanks. I've still got a TV Gaga one cooking. It might be a bit longer than I was thinking, I might fuck the MS Paint thing altogether and just do things normally. I can do that for Inthistowntasticism.

By the way, is this your favourite Superthread location yet? :hyper: I was hoping you'd like the little lyrical modification I made in the intro too ...

I do believe it is! :love: Now I want to listen to Mezcal Head... in fact, I think I will tonight. God, it's so great! And Duress is on my DI and too, as well.

Thanks. I've still got a TV Gaga one cooking. It might be a bit longer than I was thinking, I might fuck the MS Paint thing altogether and just do things normally. I can do that for Inthistowntasticism.

Ooh! I'll be looking forward to that. :hyper:

I do believe it is! :love: Now I want to listen to Mezcal Head... in fact, I think I will tonight. God, it's so great! And Duress is on my DI and too, as well.

I listened to Mezcal Head earlier when I came up with the idea for this thread. And repeated Duress multiple times. Glad to hear it's in your DI list. :drool:

My sister told me of a Top Gear challenge that had been shown in Britain fairly recently, and my god, I'm already laughing.

Do tell!

I just saw "Rapelaide". :lmao:

Ooh! I'll be looking forward to that. :hyper:

I haven't figured out everything yet, but the basic premise is that this rich young Irish cad has put his life savings into making TV Gaga a possibility, and so he's expecting a lot from U2 but they will just be drunk and actually I don't know if this will be the case but it'll be funny for some reason.

I listened to Mezcal Head earlier when I came up with the idea for this thread. And repeated Duress multiple times. Glad to hear it's in your DI list. :drool:

I hope that Duress and the other shoegaze stuff will make up for your dislike of the RnB and such on disc one. But I hope you enjoy that. I think I've chosen some good tracks that most people should be able to get something out of.

Clarkson makes the interior of a car look like the interior of a house. This includes putting cement in, and replacing the chairs with typical wooden ones that aren't attached to anything. And May and Hammond have to drive it. I know that I just rocked your mind by telling you this.

I just saw "Rapelaide". :lmao:

All you need to do is spin the 'd' 180 degrees!

I haven't figured out everything yet, but the basic premise is that this rich young Irish cad has put his life savings into making TV Gaga a possibility, and so he's expecting a lot from U2 but they will just be drunk and actually I don't know if this will be the case but it'll be funny for some reason.

TV Gaga: How the biggest band in the world killed a young TV maker's dreams.

I hope that Duress and the other shoegaze stuff will make up for your dislike of the RnB and such on disc one. But I hope you enjoy that. I think I've chosen some good tracks that most people should be able to get something out of.

Oh, yeah, I'm not going to be an arsehole and write it off or anything. I'll certainly give the first disc a fair shot and see what I take from it. And even if I don't get much, I'll know Duress is to come, so that's win anyway.

Clarkson makes the interior of a car look like the interior of a house. This includes putting cement in, and replacing the chairs with typical wooden ones that aren't attached to anything. And May and Hammond have to drive it. I know that I just rocked your mind by telling you this.

... this sounds too hilarious.

WHY IS THIS NOT ON HERE YET, SBS. WHY.

Somebody fell asleep, didn't they? :tsk:

I'll blame you this time because I was waiting on that Trains song. :happy:

Though in other news that has me spazzed, I get my U2 remastered deluxe set today! So now I'm wired. (And a little bit ill ... :uhoh: ) :hyper:

I'll blame you this time because I was waiting on that Trains song. :happy:

Though in other news that has me spazzed, I get my U2 remastered deluxe set today! So now I'm wired. (And a little bit ill ... :uhoh: ) :hyper:

I bet it was just your drunkenness. :tsk:

Ooh, awesome. You ordered the Amazon boxset thing too, right? I'm hoping I may be able to hear well enough in the next day or two to give the album remasters a proper listen.

I bet it was just your drunkenness. :tsk:

Ooh, awesome. You ordered the Amazon boxset thing too, right? I'm hoping I may be able to hear well enough in the next day or two to give the album remasters a proper listen.

Actually, yeah, it probably was. I was chugging it (Irish Cream) just before I passed out. :laugh:
Though I do thoroughly remember going on about my all time favourite game.

I must admit, this vitamin water I got is pretty damn gross, but I need the vitamins.

Yes sir, I did. I got the one day delivery thing. It's already in Ohioi I suspect so I am just looking forward to it something fierce! :hyper:

Actually, yeah, it probably was. I was chugging it (Irish Cream) just before I passed out. :laugh:
Though I do thoroughly remember going on about my all time favourite game.

I must admit, this vitamin water I got is pretty damn gross, but I need the vitamins.

Yes sir, I did. I got the one day delivery thing. It's already in Ohioi I suspect so I am just looking forward to it something fierce! :hyper:

:lol: You fell asleep just as I asked what you were drinking too!

I wish that one day delivery thing worked to Australia! Though what amused me is that I chose the slowest, cheapest delivery ... and it turned up as if I'd ordered the middle-of-the-road option. Win.

:lol: You fell asleep just as I asked what you were drinking too!

I wish that one day delivery thing worked to Australia! Though what amused me is that I chose the slowest, cheapest delivery ... and it turned up as if I'd ordered the middle-of-the-road option. Win.
Yeah, I refreshed the page when I woke up and saw it. :lol:
I had been playing that game, too. But I suspect the reason I fell asleep was because I stopped playing it and waited on the rest of the file.

Haa, that's some serious win.
My mum told me I could order this thing as long as I gave her my old posters. :laugh: Who was I to refuse?

Yeah, I refreshed the page when I woke up and saw it. :lol:
I had been playing that game, too. But I suspect the reason I fell asleep was because I stopped playing it and waited on the rest of the file.

Haa, that's some serious win.
My mum told me I could order this thing as long as I gave her my old posters. :laugh: Who was I to refuse?

Ah, right. We could've used you right at the very end when we were trying to get to the end of South Sandwich Islands so that I could use my 66,666th post to make this thread. But luckily it all turned out well anyway! I'm surprised just how neatly that ended up happening. I really thought #66,666 would've come in the middle of this thread.

Hah, awesome.

Now, time for me to bail just briefly, 20 minutes or so. Keep this show on the road, you inthistowntastic pair! Assuming Bonnie hasn't got totally absorbed making an amazing cartoon cover for DI ...

Ah, right. We could've used you right at the very end when we were trying to get to the end of South Sandwich Islands so that I could use my 66,666th post to make this thread. But luckily it all turned out well anyway! I'm surprised just how neatly that ended up happening. I really thought #66,666 would've come in the middle of this thread.

Hah, awesome.

Now, time for me to bail just briefly, 20 minutes or so. Keep this show on the road, you inthistowntastic pair! Assuming Bonnie hasn't got totally absorbed making an amazing cartoon cover for DI ...
If I'd been there, you may not have gotten that post at the start of this thread. I'm so bummed that I missed it though!

Yes sir. :D

If I'd been there, you may not have gotten that post at the start of this thread. I'm so bummed that I missed it though!

Yes sir. :D

I did mildly slow down a little on the posting at the end, and Khan's brief spam helped round off the last page!

Only two posts in my absence? :tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom