Last MOVIE you've seen...part dos! oots is the best song off htdaab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
on dvd - the corporation. :ohmy: wow, incredibly thought-provoking. :up:
in the theatre - sin city. again. :drool:

U2dork said:
I'm a fan of Martin Freeman from the Office.

Worships Martin Freemans :bow: in a stricly heterosexual way... People totally underrate his performance in that show... he IMO outperforms Gervais & Crook.

For The Record...Scarfies...classic movie.

Dune ... on DVD with Sting! Anyone else who loves him ? (OK, not that much as U2?)

And in the theatre the last one which is worth to be remembered is Being Julia, a film by István Szabó, the greates Hungarian film director! I LOVED it!:love:

Kingdom of Heaven

Enjoyable movie, Ridley Scott just does war movies well.

"Crash"

interesting, definitely held my attention... but it was overdone a bit.

some great performances though- don cheadle, as always, was fantastic. :up:

*Ally* said:
"Crash"

interesting, definitely held my attention... but it was overdone a bit.

some great performances though- don cheadle, as always, was fantastic. :up:

I really want to see that movie. Saw clips of it on Conan a few nights ago, it looks great.

I watched Being John Malkovich again...one of my all-time favorites. :up:

u2popmofo said:
Kingdom of Heaven

Enjoyable movie, Ridley Scott just does war movies well.

Same here. And Scott did an excellent job with the siege. I felt like I was watching the Spartans defeating the Persians at Thermopylae.

I saw Kingdom of Heaven also last night. Maybe it was because I was in a bad mood to begin with but I thought this movie was only so-so. All of these battle/war/bloodbath movies are really running together -same fight scenes, different leading actor. It didn't help that the leading man in this film was Orlando Bloom. My mind automatically went to Lord of the Rings. It almost looked like they used some of the left over props from those movies as well.
I'd say there was about an hour of a pretty good story and 2 hours of your typical bloody gore war. Orlando Bloom needs to bust out of these period pieces and do something a little more modern, IMO.

I saw Kingdom Of Heaven too, I liked it, liked it better than Gladiator..didn't think it was nearly as bad as some of the reviews say. I thought Orlando did a good job, but perhaps I'm biased considering I think he's one of the most beautiful men I've ever seen :wink: He's has a movie coming out that is not a period/fantasy/whatever piece -Elizabethtown w/ Kirsten Dunst

I think it's Ed Norton playing the king who has leprosy. I think I read that somewhere, I'm not sure

in theatres: kingdom of heaven
it wasn't bad. some good battle scenes, which you can pretty much count on in a ridley scott movie. plus orlando bloom is :drool:
MrsSpringsteen said:
I think it's Ed Norton playing the king who has leprosy. I think I read that somewhere, I'm not sure
i was trying to figure that out the whole time!

on dvd: the united states of leland. it was alright, but the pace was too slow.

Last edited:
Monster In Law

Predictable as hell and really silly at times. J-Lo is made of wood and can't act her way out of a paper bag and Jane Fonda must be preserved with embalming fluid because no 68 year woman really looks like that but it was a fun, mindless way to spend an afternoon with Mrs. Edge and her mom :)

Back
Top Bottom