Last MOVIE you've seen...part dos! oots is the best song off htdaab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Closer--it was ok, I was expecting to be shredded emotionally and instead went "Who would date an Internet pervert?" The performances were great though.

Alfie--I just wanted him to figure out what it was all about so I could go to bed. I can't warm to Jude Law.

Spanglish--eh, but Adam Sandler was surprisingly cute.

Dear Frankie--very good, nice sparse Scottish film, well acted *and* it had Gerard Butler.

Vanilla Sky (for like the 18th time). Love that movie. Love Penelope Cruz. It's such an interesting film. But, did I mention Cruz?

Oh and yeah OOTS is DEFINITELY best from HTDAAB. They better play it live...

The Interpreter. I only saw it because my sister invited a bunch of squealing girlfriends for a barbeque yesterday and I fled to the cinema where absolutely nothing of interest was showing. I thought it was one of those solid middle-quality films you watch once and don't think about much afterwords. It was pretty cool to see the insides of UN Headquarters where it was filmed though.

How was the new "Amityville" movie, Catman?

My sister ordered the "Spongebob Squarepants" movie off of Pay-Per View, and we just finished watching that.

That. Was. Disturbing. Beyond. All. Reason. Yes. The David Hasselhoff cameo was...really...odd. And the last thing I need to see is Patrick with fishnet stockings *Shudders*

Was a rather funny movie, though :).

Angela

The Upside Of Anger-Joan Allen was amazing in it.

Kevin Costner was good too, though his part is pretty much another Crash Davis. I think he's still pretty hot too :wink:

Moonlit_Angel said:
How was the new "Amityville" movie, Catman?

My sister ordered the "Spongebob Squarepants" movie off of Pay-Per View, and we just finished watching that.

That. Was. Disturbing. Beyond. All. Reason. Yes. The David Hasselhoff cameo was...really...odd. And the last thing I need to see is Patrick with fishnet stockings *Shudders*

Was a rather funny movie, though :).

Angela

hahha, I've actually been wanting to see the Spongebob movie :p My friend said it was pretty good. lol, David Hasselhoff...

*But* to answer your question - "Amityville" was pretty good, I guess. Some of the shots reminded me of the recent onslaught of Japanese horror cinema (i.e. "The Ring" and "The Grudge"), but the movie as a whole was a lot less disjointed than "The Grudge" was; not as good as "The Ring," though (eh, I liked that film). Overall I'd give it a 7/10...believe it or not, I actually thought it was better than the original :ohmy: It's a decent flick, enjoyable, a passable 'C' :dancing:

Catman said:
hahha, I've actually been wanting to see the Spongebob movie :p My friend said it was pretty good. lol, David Hasselhoff...

Yeah, I'd recommend it. It is a cute movie. One of my favorite moments was when Spongebob's boss was whispering to him that he was embarrassing himself in public and stuff and Spongebob said, "I'm making a complete what of myself?". You'd have to see the whole scene, though, as that makes that line funnier. And one thing that I was rather impressed by was how they combined the animation and the live action-I'm always impressed by movies that can do that (i.e., "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?").

Originally posted by Catman
*But* to answer your question - "Amityville" was pretty good, I guess. Some of the shots reminded me of the recent onslaught of Japanese horror cinema (i.e. "The Ring" and "The Grudge"), but the movie as a whole was a lot less disjointed than "The Grudge" was; not as good as "The Ring," though (eh, I liked that film). Overall I'd give it a 7/10...believe it or not, I actually thought it was better than the original :ohmy: It's a decent flick, enjoyable, a passable 'C' :dancing:

Ah, okay-thanks for the review :). I agree-from the previews I've seen for the movie, some of the scenes definitely remind me of the ones from the recent horror films you referred to there. I am curious to see the movie-perhaps I'll check it out sometime.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom