Last MOVIE you've seen...part dos! oots is the best song off htdaab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Collateral - Good movie and great performances from both Tom Cruise and Jaime Foxx. Not Michael Man`s best but it must be REALLY hard to top Heat and The Insider. No one can shoot LA better than Michael Mann, he can shoot LA like Woody Allen can shoot NYC. I liked the script and how it moved, it felt right but the end was so predictable, it wasn’t as good as the rest. Still it was above average, People talked more about Jaime Foxx`s performance more than Tom Cruise`s performance but I liked Cruise better on this movie, he hits the right tone all the way through the movie, a very believable performance. And the silver hair helps make the difference. It`s a shame he is not recognized more as the very good actor that he is.

Last edited:
elevation2u and WinnieThePoo, always there are exceptions, this year is Eternal Sunshine and The Sea Inside (both, 2 nominatios, I think), last year was the wonderful Lost In Translation :drool: but the Academy prefer "movies with message"... in Espanish I can call those movies like "cursis", don't know the word in english

Garden State, amazing movie...rented it from blockbuster and saw it like three times. Really great writing and dialogue. Recommended!

Just saw the documentry "Born into Brothels"

The movie was good but I wish they let us get to know the kids story more so there would be a more emotional connection... then just the kids taking pictures.

Watched Million Dollar Baby last night. I already knew how it ended, so it was easy to fight back the tears. :sad:

"Bad Education." love Almodovar, but this one was weird and very differetn -- not bad, just different.

OOTS is probably the prettiest song they've ever written, you really can't get more gorgeous than the final :45 seconds or so.

shark tale

i laughed. :up:

come on, there was a scorsese fish singing 50 cent! how can you not laugh?

Has anyone seen The Jacket? I thought Adrien Brody's acting saved it. All of the acting is good

I guess it's sort of a ripoff of Memento-I'm still scratching my head over both

Back
Top Bottom