Last Major Roadblock to Beatles/iTunes removed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
CUPERTINO, Calif. - Mac computer and iPod maker Apple said Monday it settled long-simmering trademark issues with The Beatles' Apple Corps Ltd. company about the use of the name "Apple" and apple logos.

The new settlement replaces the companies' 1991 agreement, and gives Apple Inc. ownership of all the trademarks related to "Apple." In addition, Apple Inc. will license certain of those trademarks back to Apple Corps for their continued use.

This settlement ends the ongoing trademark lawsuit between the companies, with each paying its own legal costs, and Apple Inc. will continue using its name and logos on iTunes.

Further terms weren't disclosed.

"We love the Beatles, and it has been painful being at odds with them over these trademarks," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "It feels great to resolve this in a positive manner, and in a way that should remove the potential of further disagreements in the future."

I read in Rolling Stone that multiple sources have said the Beatles catalog will be out around Valentine's Day.

That would kick ass.

Paul McCartney loves nothing if not making a fuckin' truckload of easy cash - I'm surprised all of this has dragged out.

I want the Beatles catalog in SACD (preferably hybrid...I don't have an SACD player yet :sad: ) format as soon as possible. :(

Earnie Shavers said:
Paul McCartney loves nothing if not making a fuckin' truckload of easy cash - I'm surprised all of this has dragged out.

Don't you see? McCartney probably pushed through a deal because he'll need to give tons of money to his ex-wife...

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom